• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Project: Total conversion] Warhammer 40k: Struggle on Gramda IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I’ve said that I was planning to build a mod, total conversion in the warhammer 40 000 universe. Here are some guidelines about the campaigns you would probably find when it is done. As it is still under development, the storyline isn’t really finished yet.

Context

Gramda IV is a savage and hostile world. There are huge creatures, as for some venomous insects species. Despite of these things, the planet itself is very rich, and give a huge amount of useful ressources for the Imperium. Its surface is splitted into 2 lands.

- A huge and dense jungle takes about 35% of the viable suface. There are various lifeform, some are very dangerous, as the Gramdan. This huge flying insect gave the planet its name. Their hives are underground, and defend them harshly to death. They look like ant, but are the size of a human being. There are also dangerous plants, mammals too.

- The most viable land is vast fertile plain. At this moment, most of it are under Imperium control, were cities are built to bring more and more citizens to the cultivated part of these land. There are also high montains, and some regions are torn appart. There are still unexplored regions though.

This planet is under the imperial control. The 9th batallion of the Cadia. is in charge to secure the cities from native’ s creatures’ attacks. All seem to be under control since the first colony has been set
But since 3 months, there are some concerning reports : there seem to be corruption traces in the northern part of the planet. There are farming-cities that are vital for the other ones. It seems the reason of this corruption is because of a Chaos incursion. Their intentions are unkown, but they have to be annihilated.

You are Commander Rayz, leader of the 9th batallion of Cadia. You have to investigate the north and destroy all trace of corruption.

Unfortunately, there’s another ennemy is coming, hiding himself as he always does.

Forces

At this moment, There will be Imperial Guard, Chaos Space Marine, Loyal Space Marine, and another race (I don’t want to tell you more about it)

Gameplay

This will be somehow close to the original game:

- You will play with squads. Each squad is led by a sergeant, or one unit of the squad. Ingame, you’ll be able to move only one unit per squad: the leader of the team. The other partners will do everything he does or order. If the leader dies, someone else takes the lead of the squad (without leaving his gear). This will allow everyone to more up to 12 squads instead of 12 units.
- Every units have 2 stances: range or melee. Every unit can switch from one to another whenever they want (unless they’re in a melee, where they’re obliged to be in the melee stance).
- The squads can flee if they takes to much damages.
- It’s still a RTS

Building an army

I’m thinking about how to gain ressources to bring up troups. I’ll use maybe silos to gather foods, and maybe something like minerals fields. The cities are still under construction, and the imperial guard have to protect the workers. The imperial high council of this planet doesn’t want to send troops without any compensation.

I’ve to work on the campaign storyline again

Level 15
Well, you have some spelling issues, but I'm MEGA-ULTRA-EXCITED your making a project with your GODLY Warhammer models! Can we see some screenshots of the terrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.