• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sanctum Imperialis: A Warhammer 40k Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
The Siege of Terra and the Imperial Palace
At the outset of the Heresy, Magnus the Red inadvertently created openings in the Emperor's psychic shield. Now, Daemons pour into the human-built portion of the Webway and are making their way to the portal into the Imperial Dungeon. The Emperor has left the Golden Throne with his forces in pursuit of Horus on his flagship. His place on the throne is taken over briefly by Malcador the Sigillite. Though, Malcador is gradually perishing while performing this endeavour and if he dies Daemons will make their way through into the throne room and end the Imperium of Man.​
About:
- Based on Warhammer 40k 'Horus Heresy' event in the 31st millennium.
- Customisable squads by spending points.
- What units you pick for your squad is permanent but you can buy extra units later on so as long you have unit space.
- Units in your squad automatically revive.
- The primary objective is to prevent/enforce the destruction of throne but secondary objectives aide in winning the battle.
- Ambient war lighting and sound effects effects.

This game is a Warhammer 40k based scenario taking place inside the Imperial Palace of Terra (Earth). It is set during the Horus Heresy event in the 31st millennium where the Emperor is aboard the Vengeful Spirit seeking Horus. One team plays as the loyalists of the Imperium while the other team plays as the forces of Chaos. For the imperium, you can play as the Adeptus Custodes (Custodians), the Sisters of Silence and Space Marines Legions. Or as Chaos you play as the Traitor Legions or Chaos Daemons.

The main point of the game is to defend the Golden Throne until Horus is defeated by the Emperor and his forces. There is one primary mission and five secondary objectives. The team that secures the primary objective wins. Secondary Objectives do not allow the team to win but they grant worthy rewards such as points given per turn.

This game is far from complete and any ideas would be helpful, especially from anyone that is Warhammer 40k experienced as I don’t know much about it myself. I want to implement some of the game play mechanisms of Warhammer 40k into my map as well as from Dawn of War which I’ve also haven’t played. So far the game play is loose and uncompleted but it will start making sense when I think of more stuff.

Squad Based Strategy: The host chooses the amount of points everyone starts off with and then you buy which units you want. First you have to buy a HQ unit (hero) and then you start choosing different troops for your squad. Each different unit will cost differently in terms of points and unit points. Unit points are the same thing as food limits and are maximum at 95. HQ units can level up to 30 while standard units upgrade into veterans after killing a certain amount of enemies. When squad units die their bodies turn into wisps or souls and travel back to your base. They are revived when they reach the base so the further they are the longer you have to wait. Heroes revive at the start of the next and revive at your base. You gain points by killing enemies and completing objectives. Points can be spent to buy additional units or universal upgrades for them.

Turns: A turn is 120 seconds of game time and that equals a whole day. So daytime and night time are half a turn and are 60 seconds of game time. What is significant about the start of a turn is all your units’ ability cooldowns get reset and mana gets refilled to 100%. Units don’t have mana regeneration so they cannot use their abilities until the next turn allows them to. Morning marks the start of the turn for the Forces of the Imperium while night marks the start of the turn for Chaos forces. Day and night will probably affect the forces in health regeneration and line of sight. At night, Chaos Daemons will assault the Golden Throne until the night ends.

At random times, there will be fire fights heard in the background along with flashes of light. I also have the idea of giving every unit an alternate form for more tactical game play.

Screenshots:

Somewhere in the Imperial Dungeon:

You might have to click on the image again in Imageshack to view it full sized.

Status
Not open for further replies.