• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World War 3 - Armaggedon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Author: Han Han (Me =P)
Game Type: World War / Strategy / Risk
Players: 8 ( 4 Allies and 4 Communists )

History:
Iran refused all United Nations' advices to cease their nuclear researches.
On January, 4, 2012, Iran reached enough technology to produce Nuclear ICBMs.
So, the United States of America decided to make a flash-attack on Iran to disable their nuclear facilities.
The attack worked, but Russia and China disliked the American action, and declared war against America and Europe.
Australia joined to support the United States. Since South America is dependent of North American business, the South Americans joined the Allies too.
The Al-Kaeda invited all guerrillas and extremists on Africa to take the continent and fight against the allied offensive.

On January, 9, 2012 the war officially started

How to Play
The mission is to locate and destroy the enemy High Command Buildings. On those buildings, are all the presidents and generals of the continent. If it is destroyed, all leaders will die, and the army will be forced to surrender.
Each player has 1 High Command, that is located on the center of your continent. If you lose it, you are pwnd! You must destroy the 4 enemy high commands to win the war.
Each month (60 seconds) you will receive a tax. For each territory owned by you, you will receive 100 credits.
To capture an enemy territory, you simply have to attack it.

Now, lets know the combat units of this game.
UNITS' LOGISTICS

Infantry

The Infantry mission is to Capture Enemy buildings and delay enemy vehicles and defenses.
You can produce Infantry on the Barracks.

Soldiers - are the units who are required in the most massive way. Theyr mission is to kill other infantry units that put your vehicles in danger.

Snipers - are exelent anti-infantry units. They can kill from a long range, stealthly.

Mortar Teams - are used as basic artilery unit. Very good against defenses.

Rocket Soldiers - destroy tanks.

Flamethrowers - destroy defenses and clustered enemy infantry.

Medics - keeps your infantry alive.

Engineers - repairs the damaged vehicles, and both place and detect land mines. They can also build defensive structures.

Commanders - increase the fighting capacity of the units on the battlefield.

Vehicles

The Armored Units mission is to Break enemy defenses.
You can produce Armored Units on the Factory.

Light Tanks - are the primary units of this category. They are effective against infantry.

Heavy Tanks - are almost 5 times best armored than Light Tanks. They are exelent against defenses, and other vehicles.

Artilery - can strike enemy buildings from a far distance.

Anti-Tank Guns - kills enemy vehicles.

Rocket Launchers - give exelent Anti-aircraft support.

Aircraft

The Air Units mission is to Support the ground forces.
You can produce Air Units on the Aerodome.

NOTE: All air units (exept the Helicopter) are always moving. To make them land, give an Hold Position order.

Fighters - can strike enemy aircraft, ground units, and defensive structures. They fire missiles while moving.

Helicopters - deals heavy damage on enemy ground units.

Bombers - can deal a devastative damage on the enemy.
To make a bomber drop his cargo, you must press B when the Bomber is over the target. You must back to an Aerodome or an Aircraft Carrier after you release the bombs to resuply.

Stealth Bombers - are much faster than bombers, and are invisible, but they have less bomb cargo capacity.

Ships

The Ships mission is to Destroy the coastal defenses, and cover the ground units advance on the shore lines.
You can produce Ships on the Shipyard.

Transports - are used to deliver ground forces on enemy lands.

Destroyers - are fast ships that destroy other enemy ships and keeps your ships safe from air attacks.

Submarines - can easily destroy enemy ships. They are invisible.

Battleships - are large ships that can terminate costal defences. Theyr sonars can also detect enemy subs.

Aircraft Carriers - can build and send Fighters to fly over enemy positions and also resuply friendily Bombers.

Nuclear Weapons

Nukes can be used in 3 diferent ways:

Nuclear Strikes
First, you have to produce a Nuke. It costs 500 credits.
Second, you launch the nuke over an area. You will be noticed of how much time the nuke will take to reach the target.
When the nuke explodes, it will deal an imense damage, and will infect the afected area with radiaction, what will make units that walk over it take damage. Nukes can be intercepted by Missile Defence Stations.
You can produce Nukes on a Nuclear Silo.

Nuclear Bombers
The Nuclear Bomber can drop devices by the same way that normal Bombers. His nukes dont cost to be built, they cant be intercepted by Missile Defense Stations, and dont have the radioactive colateral effects. The damage is more concentrated, but much less powerfull than a Nuclear Strike.
VERY EFFECTIVE AGAINST BUILDINGS.
You can produce Nuclear Bombers on an Aerodome.

Nuclear Submarines
The Nuclear Sub can give nuclear cover over a long range. His nukes dont cost to be built, they cant be intercepted by Missile Defense Stations, and dont have the radioactive colateral effects. The damage is more concentrated, but much less powerfull than a Nuclear Strike.
You can produce Nuclear Submarines on a Shipyard.

I don’t protected this map, so you can learn with the triggers and systems how to do a great World War map.

If you are going to republish this map, please, follow these 3 rules:

1 - Don’t remove my name on the map's description.
2 - Protect your new version
3 - Modify your new version's name so it don’t cause confusion with the original one when creating the game.

This is my last Warcraft 3 map. I left the wc3 mapping.
But give feedback and report any bugs. I am still going to improve this map.

Thanks

Credits:

Models created by:
Kofi_banan, Illidan(Evil), Mechanical Man, Alredx_sotn, myself, and Killst4r.

Ideas and sugestions by:
Juliano, Panther-Antro, Pitakebab, Dr00d and Scyth-Master.

Special Thanks to all people that tested my beta versions, and everyone of The Hive Workshop that helped me with any sugestion.

Attachments

• Bombardment.JPG
    Bombardment.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 582
  • Heavy Combat.jpg
    Heavy Combat.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,645
  • Men into arms.jpg
    Men into arms.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 2,859
  • Naval Combat.jpg
    Naval Combat.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 567
  • Nuclear Strike.jpg
    Nuclear Strike.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,117
Last edited:
Level 19
Your last map? Wow, I'm depressed. I thought you were going to finish that epic RPG of yours... well, I guess it's pretty good. I wish Mechanical Man would finish all of his urban modelling projects, if he would this would look much better. Anyway, not only are most of your maps of great quality, but you are nice in letting us get some more info on your projects even though they are already released. Your Doom map is excellent, this map, still needing to be graphically improved, will soon be just as good.

Oh yes, forgot to say this before. I have a few models that should aid you graphically. You know how to contact me, but I can only give you these models if you protect the map, I can't yet release these to the public.

Level 5
Looks great. The combat system sounds interesting and well thought out. I'm looking forward to playing it. Now I was wondering, since the map is still under development, do you need help with research on the actual weapons that different countries use? I would be more then willing to help with that.

First of all, thanks for the feedback.

@Scyth-Master: I noticed that World of Han Han was going to be "Just another ORPG", but Armageddon can be an inovative map.
I can wait till you are ready to release them. I cant protect this map, sorry.

@43berries: I'll take a look on your map, thanks for the sugestion.
I have used a model based on the Scout so all aircraft can use the same texture file, keeping the map size small.

@Kofi_banan: Done

@Super-Sheep: My intention is to create EPIC battles.
But that is just a sugestion. 24 infantry and 8 vehicles are enough for an average ground assalt force.

Level 10
Well ham ham, see that's the thing you'll probably get out of my map. how to pull off epic battles smoothly.. Not with lag issue but the amount of dynamicness if that's a word.. You might want to expand your techtree, I think I gone too far with over 100 units and 50 buildings but obviously a larger tech-tree means a larger capability of replay value. Plus in my map I also made infantry fruitless to tanks which normally you see in maps masess and masses of infantry shooting at a tank will make it explode or kill it. Obviously a real M1A1 will look at the masses of troops and giggle at their 5.56x39 rounds. Also to sum it up if you don't have time... My air units have to land to be repaired and if they want to pick up troops they have to land too... I also removed fog of war when you get attacked so you CANT see who's attacking you, therefore it increases the player's awareness level...

BY THE WAY. Chances are nukes aren't going to be used tactically in war if there is a WWIII everyone knows the consequences of using nukes. Cold War is over, now today's trend of warfare is quick electronic warfare, rapid deployment, and the ability to instantly transfer information onto the battlefield. You don't need nukes when you have laser guided bombs, MOAB, 2000lb napalm, EMP bombs, the idea of nukes are just from the cold war era and it's a cliche of all maps. If you want to be revolutionary add a system that portrays modern warfare.

Level 12
Hmm I have to play this later, but there is one thing I need to know:

Are the nukes something people should be afraid of? In all the games that have Nukes that I have EVER played, the nukes were nowhere near as powerful as they should be. I know its tough to make them as uber as they deserve, and still be balanced, but they should be able to wipe out everything that they touch, and that should be a lot of everything. And besides, you have anti-nuke systems, if they other player doesnt want to make one, they deserve to be blown away by an amazingly powerful nuclear bomb. Just like SupCom.

Level 10
With nukes, it's not really tactical in a realistic wartime era. Look there's GPS and big brother watching you from the heavens every single second. If they know you're jacking off in your room to Mel Gibson, then they know if there's a nuke. If they know there's a nuke, then they have it targeted at all times. All nukes are, are political weapons and big targets for Anti-nuclear arsenals which work for the government through ridiculous taxes.

Level 10
Look I don't know how Russia is going to go to war with the US. The new trend now is the middle eastern countries and will be centered around that area of the world for a while. And everyone knows nuclear war is a lose, lose situation. Nuclear weapons are always last resorts. You don't need a nuclear missile to take out a battalion of men. That's why you have chemical scuds, air support, 2000lb napalm, MOABS, MLLRS, you should go over westernize warfare before you make a map about it. I mean deeply interrogate the political and tactical aspects of it, not just the pop-culture that has been fed into your minds through the media.

Level 10
A squadron of B-52's with MOABs can wipe out a city.... A MOAB takes out around two city blocks. A b-52 can hold up to two, that means 4 city block^2 and a squadron of 12 can take out 48 blocks^2, and they can keep coming and coming day to day. Not including cruise missiles from patriots 250cc to 500cc... The point of modern day warfare is not to wipe out a city... It's to conquer in a fast mobile sense where it's morally correct to the media and where it will politically gain support for whom ever the leader be of the westernized world.

Level 12
I dont think the point of this game was to make a morally correct, and 100% accurate map. I think it was to make a war map that people will enjoy playing. But you know, what the heck am I talking about, with this new warfare type of game you are describing, who would play this? I mean come on, you get to be blown away by 12 B-52's! In like no time at all! And what more fun then being destroyed by few ships on the other side of a 252x252 map, with no possible way of returning fire and surviving? Why nothing at all of course!

The nukes, and whatever else is in there, is in there to give it flavor. You can not have a war game without the most powerful weapon in the world in it. Well, you can, but it will be a cold, boring game. Even games made by people with little mapping talent know that Map+nuke=fun.

*coughcough* Rawr :p

Level 10
Well there's the fun part... B-52's are simple to shoot down.. there's AA guns and surface to air missile, then there's air crafts desingated to target that, then there's air craft that target aircrafts. That is the real fun about a map if someone is to make a modern map about war. Sure I made one like that, but I don't know how to make things glorified and look good so it's pointless.... Nukes really don't add flavor, it's just more media flaming that nukes are fun.

Level 9
Hey Ham Ham, your Doom 3 map doesn't let me play it. I open it, and when it starts, it comes up with a Wc3 Editor problem. Something about no storage?

I'm making a Doom 3 map with all of the level's from the game, and I am thinking that maybe some of your triggers in there can help me? When it comes to making maps, I'm a noob at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.