1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Altered Melee] Sea Wars Skirmish

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by salvadorc17, Nov 15, 2017.

1. salvadorc17

salvadorc17

Resources:
    Resources:
    SEA WARS SKIRMISH

Info:

Custom melee map with naval units and custom hero ships for each race.

Gameplay:

Pick one race, create ships and invade other player islands or defeat them in naval battles with unique hero ship units. Defeat other players and be careful with pirates.

Unit List.

Humans.
    -Basic: Transport, Frigate, Battleship.
    Heroes:
    -Sailor: A basic naval hero, which can do little damage to infantry units.
    -Interceptor: A light naval hero which can attack the flying units and cause base damage.
    -Corsair: A heavy naval hero unit, which can destroy easy battleships and buildings.

Orcs.
    -Basic: Transport, Frigate, Juggernaut.
    Heroes:
    -Mariner: A basic naval hero, which can do little damage to infantry units.
    -Destroyer: A light naval hero which can attack the flying units and cause base damage.
    -Juggerdreadnaught: A heavy naval hero unit, which can destroy easy battleships and buildings.

Night Elves.
    Heroes:
    -Mariner: A basic naval hero, which can do little damage to infantry units.
    -Punisher: A light naval hero which can attack the flying units and cause base damage.
    -Overlord: A heavy naval hero unit, which can destroy easy battleships and buildings.

Undead.
    Heroes:
    -Crusader: A basic naval hero, which can do little damage to infantry units.
    -Trader: A light naval hero which can attack the flying units and cause base damage.
    -Dominator: A heavy naval hero unit, which can destroy easy battleships and buildings.

Neutral
    -
    Basic: Pirate ship and Gnomish submarine.

Features:

• -Custom hero ships units
    • -Each race can train ships.
    • -Hostile neutral ships.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  2. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Area-effect upgrade for ships left untranslated.
    Some mines have no room for a Town/Great Hall to be placed at minimum distance.
    AI doesn't do anything except rebuild lost ships.
    Selection circle for hero ships is under the waterline.
    Hero ships aren't mechanical.

What do the pirate shipyards do?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  3. salvadorc17

salvadorc17

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback, i have fixed most of issues, but ai scripts will requiere some work. Pirate Shipyards is neutral building to train those pirate ships and remember you can use also this for multiplayer.

4. Hetgrum

Hetgrum

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I want to incorporate ship battles in my new campaign. I would like to work out some ideas with you. Possibly, we both could come out with something that makes naval battles in our respective creations more interesting.

I want to make undead blight on water in my new campaign. Yet I am not sure what would it mean or how it should spread. So far my best shot was to make it like a spell that creates an area on deep water on which additional units can be spawned, like wards or undead murlocs. Any ideas of your own?

5. Hetgrum

Hetgrum

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    +
    Besides, I know where to get models of gnomish submarine and undead amphibian contraption. They were specifically designed to fit into altered melee. Do you think you could use them in your map?

6. salvadorc17

salvadorc17

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey i like the submarines idea, but anything else from above just dont get it.

7. Hetgrum

Hetgrum

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Fine. I will upload the assets here when I get them.

8. salvadorc17

salvadorc17

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now i have added the gnomish submarines from here, and also changed Shipyard so you can buy pirate units.