• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Sea Wars Skirmish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
SEA WARS SKIRMISH

Info:

Custom melee map with naval units and custom hero ships for each race.

Gameplay:

Pick one race, create ships and invade other player islands or defeat them in naval battles with unique hero ship units. Defeat other players and be careful with pirates.

Unit List.

Humans.
-Basic: Transport, Frigate, Battleship.
Heroes:
-Sailor: A basic naval hero, which can do little damage to infantry units.
-Interceptor: A light naval hero which can attack the flying units and cause base damage.
-Corsair: A heavy naval hero unit, which can destroy easy battleships and buildings.

Orcs.
-Basic: Transport, Frigate, Juggernaut.
Heroes:
-Mariner: A basic naval hero, which can do little damage to infantry units.
-Destroyer: A light naval hero which can attack the flying units and cause base damage.
-Juggerdreadnaught: A heavy naval hero unit, which can destroy easy battleships and buildings.

Night Elves.
Heroes:
-Mariner: A basic naval hero, which can do little damage to infantry units.
-Punisher: A light naval hero which can attack the flying units and cause base damage.
-Overlord: A heavy naval hero unit, which can destroy easy battleships and buildings.

Undead.
Heroes:
-Crusader: A basic naval hero, which can do little damage to infantry units.
-Trader: A light naval hero which can attack the flying units and cause base damage.
-Dominator: A heavy naval hero unit, which can destroy easy battleships and buildings.

Neutral
-
Basic: Pirate ship and Gnomish submarine.

Features:

• -Custom hero ships units
• -Each race can train ships.
• -Hostile neutral ships.

Attachments

• SeaWarsSP.w3x
    147.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Level 28
Area-effect upgrade for ships left untranslated.
Some mines have no room for a Town/Great Hall to be placed at minimum distance.
AI doesn't do anything except rebuild lost ships.
Selection circle for hero ships is under the waterline.
Hero ships aren't mechanical.

What do the pirate shipyards do?

Last edited:
Level 6
Area-effect upgrade for ships left untranslated.
Some mines have no room for a Town/Great Hall to be placed at minimum distance.
AI doesn't do anything except rebuild lost ships.
Selection circle for hero ships is under the waterline.
Hero ships aren't mechanical.

What do the pirate shipyards do?

Thanks for the feedback, i have fixed most of issues, but ai scripts will requiere some work. Pirate Shipyards is neutral building to train those pirate ships and remember you can use also this for multiplayer.

Level 5
I want to incorporate ship battles in my new campaign. I would like to work out some ideas with you. Possibly, we both could come out with something that makes naval battles in our respective creations more interesting.

I want to make undead blight on water in my new campaign. Yet I am not sure what would it mean or how it should spread. So far my best shot was to make it like a spell that creates an area on deep water on which additional units can be spawned, like wards or undead murlocs. Any ideas of your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.