• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Kantai Collection - Naval War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Well this is probably my final project for WC3, i might as well post it here now that someone mentioned it:

KCNWLogoSmaller.png

Short Description (Placeholder till i get a clean idea):
A WC3 Map based around the online web-game "Kantai Collection" or Kancolle for short, the game will have Three modes which are currently are loose ideas, Naval Practice (Which is a team battle based in a small area of the map sectioned off), Abyssal Defensive (Basically a Hero Defense, protect the naval yard from Abyssal invasion) and Naval War

Estimate Percentage Completion of V0.1:

Models: 40%

Ship-Girls: 20%

Spells: 40%

Items: 0%

Terrain: 15%

Naval Sortie System: 40%

Abyssal Assault (Defense) System: 0%

Naval War System: 0%

Base Mechanics:
A WC3 Map based around the online web-game “Kantai Collection” or Kancolle for short, the game will have Three modes which are currently are loose ideas, Battle (Which is a FFA based in a small area of the map sectioned off), Abyssal Defensive (Basically a Hero Defense, protect the naval yard from Abyssal invasion) and Naval War, which is still not exactly planned but is going to be along the lines of a AOS style but much less lane based and more everywhere is a battle

Ok, so to be a little more specific with the mechanics:

First up, all ships of each class will have the same BASE abilities, like cannons or torpedoes:

Cannons: They will have a Specific AOE in which the shot can hit in, it randomly hit within that AOE and the shot will have it’s own AOE smaller than the target AOE, reproducing inaccuracy in game, the ships attacks will have different types e.g. Destroyers will have 2 shots with slow damage with smaller AOE but less inaccuracy whilst Battleships will have a single shot with a larger AOE but a larger Miss range, damage is larger as well

//Item modifications//

This is, for example, you have a AP Shell equipped, your attacks will have a different damage type but have a slightly wider missing range, however equipping a Radar which can also increase your LOS (Which will increase the distance you see in to the FOW, will also decrease your missing range

Torpedos: Not much difference between ships with these, planned so far the only difference is Impact and travelling distance along with damage, however Torpedo Cruisers will have a faster Torpedo Speed

Anti-Air Mechanics:

Planes: This is obviously going to be a major mechanic, CV’s along with Battleships, Light/Heavy cruisers can launch Seaplanes etc for scouting, they will travel to and back from the targeted point revealing the area

Next up is CV exclusive, AA Planes will rotate around the caster attacking any incoming planes to protect the user, different equipped planes can increase attack speed or damage

Bombers/Torpedo bombers will travel to the destination and drop the bombs, simple as that, unless they get destroyed of course

Another thing to add is all ships that are capable of it will have an AA Spell which fires their AA Cannons, dealing damage to the planes in the skies arund them, once again varying on equipment

Note once again that this is merely a plan and i have an idea how to implement it, things are subject to change though

Long Description
A WC3 Mod based on the popular japanese game by Kadokawa
Kantai collection - Naval War
This mod will be an incredibly ambitious mod with large amounts of systems that will affect gameplay, using the basic top down style there will be different aims depending on the mode you are playing, the three modes Naval Practice, Abyssal Offence and Naval War will provide a nice varied style of gameplay for everyone
Naval Practice - This is the simplest mode that exists, in it the player will be given a choice from a variety of maps for the two teams to compete in, within the maps they will go through round based matches will a variety of objectives such as Capture the Buoys, Defeat the enemy Flagship, Destroy the enemies objective and so forth
Abyssal Offence - This is a straight up wave defense mode, the players have to work together (Up to 10 players) in order to protect the naval base from enemy abyssal ships as they approach, there will be deployable turrets and such to assist in this objective
Naval War - The aim of this map is a full scale campaign, you will start at the Naval base with many Abyssal bases covering the map, each side has a set amount of resources, the Abyssals will use theirs deploying fleets to attack your base whilst you will use yours setting up defense systems or buying items, resources can also be obtained by doing Expedition quests and attacking ENEMY transport fleets which will regularly travel between enemy bases (This will also DECREASE the enemies resources), the aim of this is to procedurally work together to destroy all of the different types of abyssal bases to win, draining them of their resources will render them unable to use fleets and so you can perform an offensive
The Skill system within this map will also be unique, Ship classes will have the same base skills as each-other however they will have unique special skill and passives that can change how they play, items that can be bought will also change the skills in terms of damage, range, accuracy and effects
An aerial combat system is also in place though it's simple so it's not hard to grasp, The plane will auto attack each-other when they pass by, however the most important aspect is the Air Superiority system that will cause ships to take more or less damage depending on the amount of planes in the air

Image previews:

11174350_10204432116462227_3357295306697930369_o.jpg

10842314_10204432116502228_5099562141053441820_o.jpg

1415485_10204432116422226_8799939484040846126_o.jpg

11221725_10204419807954522_3924433293746519155_n.jpg

Videos:

More videos are on my channel i just posted select ones

Well that's it for now, am i allowed to link the projects other pages btw?

Level 6
Oh yeah, you posted it here!
A few suggestions though, you might want to organize your thread a bit, it looks too much like a wall of giant text and disorganized. >w<

Yes, you are allowed to link the project's other pages!

Suggestions and Comments:

+Terrain looks awesome! It gives off this bright, anime look but doesn't overdo it, which other maps tend to do. :)

-No offense- Your english is fine, but not quite perfect, if you'd like, I could help you with writing stuff for the map and here! ^_^

-The animations of the girls when moving kinda put me off. I watched the anime adaptation, and I kinda liked how they moved in the anime, which was like skating on water. I think it'd be cooler if you animated them like that, and I think it'd be easier as well! If you're the one doing the animating, that is...

-The audio when they fire is kinda loud o_O

+It'd also be great if you could assign different WC3 voices to the characters. I was thinking it'd be great if you or someone made an MPQ that replaces the default WC3 voices with the Kancolle characters' voices. Since replacing WC3 voices via import takes too much map space, we could just make an MPQ or .mix file with all the voices there. :3
I'd be willing to help with this! ^_^

Level 8
Oh yeah, you posted it here!
A few suggestions though, you might want to organize your thread a bit, it looks too much like a wall of giant text and disorganized. >w<

Yes, you are allowed to link the project's other pages!

Suggestions and Comments:

+Terrain looks awesome! It gives off this bright, anime look but doesn't overdo it, which other maps tend to do. :)

-No offense- Your english is fine, but not quite perfect, if you'd like, I could help you with writing stuff for the map and here! ^_^

-The animations of the girls when moving kinda put me off. I watched the anime adaptation, and I kinda liked how they moved in the anime, which was like skating on water. I think it'd be cooler if you animated them like that, and I think it'd be easier as well! If you're the one doing the animating, that is...

-The audio when they fire is kinda loud o_O

+It'd also be great if you could assign different WC3 voices to the characters. I was thinking it'd be great if you or someone made an MPQ that replaces the default WC3 voices with the Kancolle characters' voices. Since replacing WC3 voices via import takes too much map space, we could just make an MPQ or .mix file with all the voices there. :3
I'd be willing to help with this! ^_^

Well i am british so any bad english here is just from speed writing xD, the animations were made by me and i'm not great at it so i may get a more experienced animator to re-do them in a later version if needed, as for the sound, well the effect sound slider in options will solve that xD

Level 6
Well i am british so any bad english here is just from speed writing xD, the animations were made by me and i'm not great at it so i may get a more experienced animator to re-do them in a later version if needed, as for the sound, well the effect sound slider in options will solve that xD

Oh, okay then! Speed writing, lol, just like when I write with my iPad... OuO

I still push my suggestion for the voices MPQ though! :>

Status
Not open for further replies.