• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tech Tree Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
alrightly as promised earlier Here's the BTEK Tech Tree

BTEK Tech Tree
Tier 1
TownHall
Trains Peasants, Upgrades to Keep

Farm
Can Summon a LumberJack once in a long instance
Can be Upgraded to have Extra Food(Each Farm Separate Upgrade)

Barrack
Footman - Basic Melee Unit, Can Ride a Horse
Archer - Basic Ranged Unit has 2 Modes normal Fire Mode and Scater Shot mod after an Upgrade.
Swordsman - Heavy Melee Unit, Can Learn Tactical Sheild

Lumbermill
Drop off Point for wood
has Upgrades for peasants and archers

BlackSmith
Upgrades Ground units Attack/Defense

Shipyard
Trains
Sailors(Naval Worker) a worker who can repair Naval Units and built Naval Buildings
and Ships (planned to have 4-5 of them)

Level 9
Tier 2
Keep
Can make Workers and has Upgrades for Lumberjacks

Armory
Trains Mechanical Units and has Upgrades for them
Ballista - Long Ranged Seige Unit
Cannon - Medium Ranged Seige Unit
Flying Assassin - Medium Ranged air Unit
Seige Tank(T3)

Horse Pen
Provides Food and upgrades for workers
Horses - has 4 Invetory slots, Can be combined with Footman OR can be made into a TradeCart (special unit that will get Gold from a far away located Market Place (Limitation on production of Carts)
Peg Rider (Can be made if a footman is sent inside the Pen)
Knight(T3)

Humanity Scantum
Trains Casters and has Upgrades for them
Priest - Basic Healer, can Heal and Learn Dispel Dust and Energy Bliss
Battle Mage - Offensive Caster can Cast Slow Poison(right click passive), Flame shot and Thunder Strike
Sage(T3) - Hero Like Unit, can be Trained Only once, can cast Blaze Feild, Thunder Bolt and Boulder Rain

Foundry
Contains Upgrades for Naval Units

War Dock
Can Train Advanced Ships (2-3)

Level 9
Teir 3 (this is probably be done with a Separate building)
Mage Tower
Enables training the Sage
has upgrades for Casters and can attack enemy units

Ok now to what can we use from this Tech Tree
1st
The Footman and Horseman Combination
Why ? I've Always Felt the Humans/Elves never had a T2 Tank type unit that could help them pull off enemies units like Huntresses/Dryds/Feinds/Raiders so this is why I've put that in
(there is a mounted Model for the Elf Swordsman)

2nd
Upgrades for Archers
the Horse Upgrade can also be made available for the Archer as there is a model for the Elven Female Archer and the Scatter shot/normal Mode can also be implemented

3rd
a Building that trains units that are animals or are connect with them like the Horse Pen
just for sort of uniformity

from Siege Unit we can only use Ballista though here

Level 9
4th
The Lumberjack idea that can be trained from the Farm, also the Farm Upgrading too

5th
If someone here has played Starcraft before the Unit Reaver had to generate scraps for cost that were used like ammo for him
this can be implemented in the Siege weapons like Ballista, it each Spear can cost like 10-20 gold or maybe Lumber and the Unit can attack only if he has stock of the Weapon.

now to Disclaimers
I'm not trying to advertise anything or trying to pull people,60% of SoHE active members are members of BTEK as well so yea I don't think sharing project Ideas hurts :p
this is all to help SoHE,maybe I can't Contribute that much as I used to but I'd like to give in what ever I can to see it succeed some day

Level 5
ChessytheRed Presents to You a 100% Original Techtree Suggestion!

Meet Spellbound Crusader, a new dazziling spellnight employed to the battlefield! Well known for his catchy battlycry and his powerful Magical Rend, he is one tough fighter!

However, today I'd like to look at the other side of Spellbound Crusader; the side few read! The side we here at the Academy Sunbathe like to call Boring Stories of the Past! Now, to the most, Spellbound Crusaders seem like your average anti-spell mage, but they actually aren't!

Spellbound Crusaders use three custom abilities to assure that!

Lunarmantle Rend - Spellbound Crusader slashes upwards, dealing 45/85/125 damage and decreasing the targets mana by the damage done.

Level 5

Lunarmantle Bide - Spellbound Crusader dazzles the target before slashing downward, dealing 25/55/75 damage to the target and increasing Spellbound Crusader's armor by 5/10/15
. If the target would lose mana within 3 seconds of this, the amount of armor gained is tripled.

Stellar Mantle - Spellbound Crusader attacks the target, dealing 45 (+3 per unit killed by this) damage and silencing them for 4/5/6
seconds.

By quickly comboing his skills, Spellbound Crusader's can make themselves incredibly strong while wreaking their enemy mage's greatly. If this kills a target, he will always be doing more damage to the target.

Level 4
I love your '100% Original Suggestion' there Krone/Cheesythe Red :p
Ima see if i can add that to the tech tree.

But I will mention 2 things:
Lunarmantle Rend - Spellbound Crusader slashes upwards, dealing '45/85/125' damage and 'decreasing the targets mana by the damage done'.

Marked in Red means it is OP. This is my opinion but that is too strong, if we could do this:
Lunarmantle Rend - Spellbound Crusader slashes upwards, dealing '30/70/95' damage and 'decreasing the targets mana by half the damage done'.

Then the 2nd thing is:

Lunarmantle Bide - Spellbound Crusader dazzles the target before slashing downward, dealing 25/'55/75' damage to the target and increasing Spellbound Crusader's armor by '5/10/15'. If the target would lose mana within 3 seconds of this, the amount of armor gained is 'tripled'. NEXT

Level 4
That is OP. The armour increased is way too much, the damage is only abit too strong so just decreasing that is good. The extra armour could be OP whether it was doubled OR tripled even if we lowered the armour gain. Maybe you can make it that he loses more mana over time or health like this:

Lunarmantle Bide - Spellbound Crusader dazzles the target before slashing downward, dealing 25/'40/65' damage to the target and increasing Spellbound Crusader's armor by '1/2/4'. If the target would lose mana within 3 seconds of this, 'the target loses 15/20/40 mana' OR 'the target gets hit with his/her own mana and loses 30/45/80 hp over 6/10/12 seconds'.

The last one is fine, not OP and not too weak, Perfect.

REMEMBER: This is all my OPINION, I am only suggesting you do this.

Level 5
Oh hey, atleast you liked it.

Yeah, I could understand how it is op. I forgot to mention a few things, like, the armor gain only lasting for 5 seconds.

If you want, I can give more suggestions like that.

Also, if you guys are gonna use my name, I'd prefer Chessy now. It's the most common screenname I'm using right now.

Level 4
ok cheesy.
Well since armour lasts for 5 secs, it would be way less OP :)
but yea i would like it if you can make more, your ideas can improve the tech tree greatly :D

Level 5
It's here the Second Totally Original Techtree Suggestion!
Sandstorm Generator, a dark storm generator used by some elves in combat against enemies enemies with poor eyesight. By feeding in a sandbox, the elf in control of it is able to shred up swarms of enemies who stay in the area.

Sand Hell - Enemies within 450 units of the Sandstorm Generator take 40/70/100 damage per second.

Sand Chaos -
Enemies within 350 units of Sandstorm Generator take 80/110/140 damage per second.

Sand Doom - Enemies with 250 units of Sandstorm Generator take 160/190/220damage per second.

Level 4
Thats awesome. It also sounds like something you can defend in a mission (Watch this and pretend that the Artifact in the video is the Sandstorm Generator:
) I also have an idea (Stormy helped me with this one) Stormy asked if we should have a front line attacker like the Huntress or the Crypt Fiends, well here is one for the High Elves!

The Seeker:
Ranged attack unit, Attacks ground.

Abilities:

Grip:
The Seeker will take hold of a unit (like ensnare but more like the force lol).The affected unit cannot move for 10 seconds (takes no damage, costs 50 mana) If Seeker grips an air unit the air units will go to the ground for 12 seconds (time going towards ground will count as time which is why I added).

Level 4
Wondering Watcher:
The Seeker will develop into an indestructible but seen form of fire (Phoneix Fire), it has extended sight and cannot attack. Lasts 50 seconds then changes back. Costs 100 mana.

Elven Regeneration:
This enables the Seeker to regenerate more health faster (Like Troll Regeneration but affects certain units). (I don't know if it should be passive or cost mana)

Status
Not open for further replies.