• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blood Elves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
This is the tech tree of units & building.
Units:
Worker,Swordsman,Archer,Hawkstrider Knight,Arcane Decimators(Glaive Throwers),Riders,Arcane Golem,Enchantress,Warlock,Spell Breaker,Dragonhawk Rider,Dragonhawk,Sky Guard & Healer.
Heroes:
Blood Knight,Blood Mage,Archmagi,Ranger General
Buildings:
Town Hall:Sactum of Magic(Sactum of Power,Sactum of Wisdom upgrades),Blacksmith:Elven Forge,Lumber Mill:Saw Mill,Altar:Altar of Quel'Danas,Barracks:Arcanic Training Halls,Arcane Sactum,Aviary:Dragonhawk Roost,Workshop:Arcanic Workhouse.

Level 18
Units Trained
Main Base Building trains Workers
Arcanic Training Halls trains Swordsman,Archer & Hawkstrider Knights
Arcane Sactum trains Warlocks,Enchantress,Healers & Spellbreakers
Arcanic Workhouse trains Riders,Arcane Golems & Arcane Decimator(Glaive Thrower).
Dragonhawk Roost:Dragonhawk Riders & Dragonhawks

Level 18
Altar of Quel'Danas trains Blood Knight,Archmagi,Blood Mage & Ranger General
Towers:
Guard Towers(Sky Fury Tower,Arcane Towers,Earth Fury Towers,Ballista Towers,Blood Elven Guard Towers)
Most of my building models will use SinisterX building models.
Most of my unit & hero models will use Frankster Models

Level 18
The skills I will give to the units
Swordsman can learn Enchanted Defend & Critical Strike
Archer can learn Mount Dragonhawk
Hawkstrider Knights can learn Hawkstriders Fury & Animal War Taming
Warlock is a dark mage his skills are Curse,Soul Burn & Doom
Enchantress is a pyromancer his skills are Searing Flames,Breath of Fire & Sun Strike
Healer skills are Circle of Life,Sun's Touch & Healing Wave
Spell Breaker skills are Enchanted Defense,Spell Steal,Control Magic & Arcane Glaives
DragonHawk Riders have the same abilities
Dragonhawk can learn Pick Up Archer
Arcane Decimator(Glaive Thrower) can learn Fiery Strike & Sun Glaives
Rider can learn Engrage,Animal War Taming & Drain

Level 21
Although kinda pointless I'll first mention that you broke rule #5.

But now back to that race. I would say it doesn't follow warcraft race formula even though it is clear that is goal. For example no melee tier 1 unit has two abilities yet you added Enchanted Defend and Critical Strike which is redundant as that unit won't really last that long and will be replaced. Archer seems uninteresting as lacks even a range upgrade at least. And tier 3 unit has 2 upgrades one for Health and no idea what other one is but usually tier 3 units have just 1 upgrade and usually ability they get is passive (or in case of bear click and activate but roars don't stack so number of bears don't make ability OP) since they will be core unit of your army in actual gameplay so you will have to many to control at once.

Next is he common misunderstanding of casters. You for some reason have 4 which is to much and they have abilities that fit heroes. Doom, the whole list of AoE abilities and the wide array of healing well lets just remind you that casters can be spammed and those abilities will be nightmare for enemies. Casters role is to support combat units with buffs, debuffs, heal and crowd control.

I have no idea what to say for riders and arcane golems as I am unclear whats their role. Like name rider implies its mounted cavalry unit yet it is made in workshop type building and I guess golem is like mountain giant unit which is basically tank unit with siege potential.

Air units also confuse me as you basically have two dragonhawk riders. I can only assume that one will be copy of human one and other copy of hippogrif which gives you two anti air units but no standard heavy air unit.

This is just first impression as it is hard to get full picture as you didn't say what some abilities do and what is role for half of those units. I suggest concentrate less on shiny models and try to add more custom features as seems most abilities are straight from regular warcraft and is more aiming to be cool then balanced.

Level 18
The doom of the warlock is very weak in can only summon a fel hound and when the unit has doom it takes only less damage.The other dragonhawk rider is a archer mounted on it is name sky guard.the dragonhawk is the heavy air unit can attack land but cannot attack air.
I also forget to mentioned that archer & sky guard also can learn marksmanship and long bows.
Hawkstrider Fury =Bash

Level 21
Would be better to use parasite as it is auto cast and doesn't have added effect of silencing target and 100% death.

Ah that clears it up though can't shake feeling it is to similar to night elves. Should try to make it so they don't feel like mix of human and night elf units but add something that defines blood elves themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.