• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Golem Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay for this new map I am working on here is the new version of the race. So here is the new version of the race.

Units:
Arcane Spirit (Voidwalker model)- Basic ghost-like worker that is invisible to non-allied players until called to arms, collects gold and lumber, and builds all golem buildings.

Arcane Horror (Vengeful Spirit model)- The visible and more soldier-like form of the ghostly Arcane Spirit. Be careful like the name these guys can be devastating if used properly.

Guardian (Captain/Swordsman model)- These versatile ghosts once guard ancient artifacts in ancient ruins. Attacks land units.

Battle Golem (Same model)- These metal statues made for close combat can pack quite a punch, if allowed to get close enough. Attacks land units.

Predator (Lizard model)- These creatures are deadly, swift, and sneaky. They start with the ability wind walk, then can learn Hardened Skin and Resistant Skin. Can attack land and air units.

Runed Geomancer (Holy Rune Golem model)- These Golems use the natural magic built into their runes activated by the crystals inside their body. Starts with the ability Antimagic Shell. Can learn Abolish Magic and Inner Fire. Attacks land units.

Sorcerer (Runed Golem model)- Like the Runed geomancers, these Golems use the magic built into their runes activated by the crystals inside their body. Starts off with the ability Slow. Can learn Chain Lightning and Polymorph. Attacks land units.

Spellbreaker (Rock Golem model)- A golem with a stony hide so thick that not even strongest of spells could penetrate through to the crystal within. These golems have the abilities Spell Immunity and Feedback and no other abilities. Attacks land units.

Artillery Tank (Siege Tank model)- A tank operated by ghosts not only has a siege cannon that can deal incredible damage to buildings, but can also come mounted with a heavy machine gun that can deal considerate amount of damage to land and air units. Attacks land/ and air units.

(Green Dragon Series) (Attacks land and air units)
Terrestrial Whelp- The baby form of dragons born on the Mountain Roost.
Terrestrial Drake- The child form and more experienced of dragons born on the Mountain Roost.
Terrestrial Dragon- The adult form, most experienced, and powerful of dragons born on the Mountain Roost.

Buildings:
Teir- Arcane Hall: The primary building trains Arcane Spirits and can call them to arms. Provides for basic troop production. Can be upgraded to Arcane Fort and Arcane Citadel to provide for additional troop production.

Food- Generator: Provides energy for Golems to produce and hold units.

Lumber- Arcane mill: Serves as drop off point for collected lumber. Contains the Improved Lumber Harvesting and Enhanced Masonry

Research- Laboratory: Serves as the primary research center. Contains the Arcane Longevity, Transparent Weapons, Endowed Hide.

Alter- Spire of Leaders: A spire whose central chamber holds an alter powerful enough to revive a leader for a sacrifice of energy usage.

Primary- Experiment Bunker: Primary troop production building that trains Guardians, Battle Golems, and Predators.

Second 1- University: A secondary troop production building that trains Runed Geomancers, Sorcerers, Spellbreakers. Also contains upgrades for the Geomancers and Sorcerers, and the Arcane Sight upgrade.

Second 2- Factory: A secondary troop production building that produces Artillery tanks. Also contains the Heavy Machine Gun upgrade.

Tertiary- Mountain Roost: A tertiary troop production building that produces Terrestrial Dragon from baby form to adult form. Contains the upgrades that allows for the production of the child and adult form of the Terrestrial Dragons.

Heroes:

Ancient Golem (Rock Golem model, color tinted)- A strength based golem of age far beyond that of the normal golem, whose powers from that time have grown powerful, but never have been used since then. Can learn the abilities Healing Wave, Monsoon, Thorn Aura, and Volcano. Attacks land and air units.

Archmage Ghost (Antonidas Spirit model)- An intelligent spirit of the archmagi that died and never moved on since their deaths. Keeping their ability selection and knowledge in their afterlife gives them an edge over the enemies of their allies. Can learn the abilities and normal Archmage would learn, Blizzard, Summon Water Elemental, Brilliance Aura, and Metamorphisis. Attacks land and air units.

Arcanite Golem (Armored Golem Model for now)- A strength based golem with a crystal emanating so much power that they would surpass an average archmage mind only this golem focuses more on physical war for some reason. Can learn Shockwave, Warstomp, Bash, and Avatar.

Flesh Golem Commander (Flesh Golem model for now)- An agility based golem with a high intellect and and an ever higher wit and cunning on how to use it. They are quick in battle and are not at all to be taken lightly. Can learn Mirror Image, Thunder Clap, Evasion, and Resurrection.

Level 21
I'll take it literally nobody reads rules nor announcements. But what the hell I'll put my first impression input.

First of don't you think names are little repetitive that each unit has golem in it and can't say classes like ranger, sorcerer, warlock (how can being made of arcane magic use fell energies), templar (why do golems have religion?), rogue (in this case Stealth or Camouflaged Golem would be more appropriate) fit golems which are either magical constructs or beings made purely of one element (in this case earth, metal and flesh) and well they are used far to often anyway. I am honestly surprised no geomancer or elementalist they would at least fit.

You have way to many units, the usual standard is 2 melee (or as you call it short range) 1 to be 1st tier and other to be 3rd tier, 1 ranged, 2-3 casters, 2-3 flying (and as far as I see you have 0) and only 1 ultimate which is usually air but can be melee but still 1 not 3. Now this can be overlooked if you aren't following blizzard race rules and making your own custom melee gameplay but still you have 6 melee units with armor differences only and one foodless unit though guess he won't have ability to inflict damage.

Hero description honestly tell me nothing at least if the y are strength, agility or intelligence based.

I can't say more as there is little to say about as there are no abilities, stats, features that would allow me to see how balanced idea is though on first impression duo to unit being described as being stronger then 3-6 units at lower tiers makes me think golems are to powerful but I don't know how much they cost or take food, how fast they are built, what abilities they have etc. I am sure this can be very cool idea but I can't give real judgment until I see more.

okay i was thinking about putting in a flyer but i didn't know if i would truly need one or not, and for the Templar Golem, they aren't necessarily religious just truly devoted to the brighter side of their side. The flyer i was thinking of putting in a dragon or dragon series, and maybe change some of the units up a bit.

um i did a little changing to the race and cut a couple not needed units so here is the new set of units.

Units:

Workers:

Arcane Spirit- Worker type unit able to build most of the buildings for the race. Harvests gold and lumber. (I originally used the Human Peasant look for these because it just seemed more natural)

Arcane Engineer- Elite-type worker mainly used for building powerful defensive towers. (Does not harvest.)

Short Range Ground Military:

Mud Golem- weak stone golems able to take on army of 3 normal military units of the human

Battle Golem- an armored golem similar to a mud golem but able to take a couple more hits.

Guardian Spirit (ghost-invisble night & day unless attacking)- a no food costing unit that is pretty much extra but is still very much useful as a scout and can deal a normal human captain amount of damage.

Long Range Ground Military:

Golem Ranger- a long range unit adept for attacking land and air units.

Mystical Military:

Geomancer- a mystical golem adept in arcane art of magic and can cast spells on your enemies to give you an advantage over them.

Warlock- another mystical golem adept in the fel art of magic and also can cast spells on your enemies to give you an advantage over them.

Spellbreaker- a melee golem with mystical enhancements that make him very adept at defeating spellcasters and has been known also to steal spells.

Short Range Siege Military:

Granite Golem- A stone-type golem of a incredible size, enough to hold a breach in any kingdom or even cause the breach.

Siege Golem- An metal-type golem of an incredible size, enough to defeat on coming enemies in a siege of a large enemy base.

Long Range Siege Military:

Mortar Golem- a stone golem that hurls mortar-like boulders at the enemies from a great distance making them a key to siege attacks.

Aerial Combatants:

Terrestrial Welp- the newborn version of the Terrestrial Dragon.

Terrestrial Drake- a childlike version of the Terrestrial Dragon.

Ultimate Military:

Terrestrial Dragon- a mighty, fierce, and legendary aerial beast usually uncontrolable, with an immense size and strength to take down 12 legions of dragonslayers.

Flesh Golem- from the Blood Elven campaign of TFT this golem has flesh for armor and size and strength to make up for that lack of armored defense.

Special Military:

-Stealth Golems:

--Stone Rogue- These golems are stone-type golems and look much like that of a Mud Golem but unlike a Mud Golem is adept at surprise attacks, can also shadow meld in daylight.

--Iron Rogue- These golems are metal-type golems and like the Stone Rogues, look much like that of a Battle Golem but unlike a Battle Golem is adept at surprise attacks, can also shadow meld in daylight.

Level 21
Templars as their name suggest are warriors of temple, of faith not just devoted to a cause. I am not even sure what's brighter side of side.

Foodless unit that damages... Well I am unsure how you don't see a problem with unit that can be made infinitely and flood entire map, I mean food is there for a reason, even workers use food. You said he has damage like human captain who has same damage as grunt and they cost 3 food.

Mud Golem and Battle Golem; Granite Golem and Siege Golem share same role so you have 4 units where there should be 2 unless they are upgrades. Probably same for Whelp and Drake. When I said 2-3 air units I meant 1 light-anti air unit (example gargoyle, hippogrif), 1 heavy air (Grifin, Frost Wyrm) unit and maybe 1 special (Destroyer, Fairy dragon).

Oh almost forgot is spellbreaker copy of human unit with golem model?

uh there is a human spellbreaker but their legal name in world editor is spellthief so golem if you want to think they are then yes they pretty much the same only the golem model also has a spell immunity ability that the human model doesn't, but to me they even though they share the control magic ability they are completely different in the case of the other abilities because the control magic ability is all that they share

For their background in the campaign they have some background with the Races of each Faction in WoW. The humans in the start of the first campaign the Golems have to fight their way out of Dalaran. While they are making their escape they help a group of remaining Blood Elves out of the clutches of Lord Garithos. They also help them get to Quel'thalas and help them take it back. They have an encounter with The Dark Lady, herself, of the Forsaken. They make it to the coast and get ships to Kalimdor, where they later join the Horde. Before they get to Kalimdor, they stop on a set of isles in the Maelstrom and meet the naga. They also meet an unfriendly band of Murlocs and Murguls. They get to Kalimdor find the Horde and join.
It ends with the main character being sentenced to being locked in a cage back in Dalaran ruins guarded by the Reminants of Garithos's men (excluding Garithos because he died by Sylvanas). In the second campaign the main character comes back and this time they go through most of the whole getting back to Kalimdor, but this time they get help from some of the Forsaken, some random naga reminants away from Nazhjatar. Again them have humans as well as the whole alliance faction against them, but they also have some humans with them as well as some night elves. Oh almost for got to put this in, but one of the characters from the campaign also had a history with the night elves so that contributes to the golem's ties to the races and factions of WoW.

Level 21
Yea unit limit works well though you could allways just set 1 food and make unit have scouting abilities but not good fighting potential since his role is to scout not to fight.

Ah so its just name and one ability that Spellbreakers share. that's ok then. Also its not name in editor (well to be technical its unused name in sound files) that counts its the name ingame.

Didn't mean Mud to Granite I mean Mud to Battle as Mud and Battle Golem are both low tier melee units with difference that battle is better then mud so you don't actually have reason to make mud. Most races have 2 melee units, tier 1 unit (footman, grunt, ghoul and arguably huntress but only because of attack type) and tier 3 (Knight, Tauren, Abomination and Druid of the Claw). Special mention goes to Mountain giant who is tank/siege unit who is too expensive and can't be used in same way as standard tier 3 melee and also orcish Raider who is siege (more like hit and run)/anti air unit and just can't replace grunt as melee unit because siege attack is ineffective against most units and armor type is medium that is weak against melee.

Well religion of Humans is Holy light and as you know its defenders are Paladins they didn't have golems. But you could just call him Holy Golem and use that Holy Golem Model (I suspect that's the source of your inspiration for that hero). Guess they are golems infused by Holy Light instead of arcane like they normally are.

Lore questions I sent on PM as story even though is important isn't priority when making race (well in my opinion).

Constructing - Arcane spirits tend to act like the human workers when constructing most of their buildings.

Resources - For collecting Resources it will always be the Arcane Spirits collecting gold and lumber.

Defense - Other than the defensive towers able to be built by (only) the Arcane Engineers the Power Generators if combined with a wall of towers won't necessarily deal damage, but will increase the damage dealt of all surrounding towers by 15 dps (damage per strike).

Racial Skill - The Golems other than one unit are best with their brute strength when on the offensive or on the defensive and they tend to heal faster by Food Production Buildings day or night.

Level 21
There is a problem with constructing. See to chose human constructing you make your worker human race but if you do that he can't get lost when making building because to do that you must set to night elf race. By the way why secondary food source everyone gets 1.

Defense is interesting though that's tower related need something that protects your base early. That's just suggestion.

Yea it was easy to guess Golem units will have high stats though ultravision is already used by elves and even though first racial feature is boring it might be powerful enough alone. I can't say I understand healing do they heal only in group or something? I would rather expect workers be able to repair units but that might be unfair.

Everyone gets as many Power Generators (Secondary Food Producer) as they want but when one is surrounded by Defensive Towers it will increase the surrounding defensive towers damage per strike by 15 damage points. Um okay then we can get rid of ultravision and uh healing we could say that the food production buildings can heal friendly nearby units and the units don't regenerate much anyway.

Also here are the Buildings for the Race.

Tier: Arcane Citadel
Level 1: Stone Hall
Level 2: Granite Stronghold
Level 3: Arcanite Fortress

Tier1-Military Producer:
Creature Bunker

Tier1-Research Site(s):
Arcane Mill

Arcane Forge

Seconary Food Producer:
Power Generator

Tier2-Military Producer(s):
Arcane College

Arcane Siege Bunker

Tier3-Ultimate Military Producer(s):
Arcane Expirement Roost

Defensive Towers: (Human Models) (Attacks land and air units)
Arcane Boulder Tower (Canon Tower)- Advanced Arcane Boulder Tower (Boulder Tower)- Elite Arcane Boulder Tower (Advanced Boulder Tower)

And a remake of the possible heroes. I wanted a Spirit-type hero to have at least one custom model so i looked in model section for one and found one to my liking so i have that post next to the custom model Spirit Hero.

Flesh Golem Commander- Strength based Flesh Golem who chooses brain before braun when it comes to any form of conflict.

Arcanite Golem- Strength based Metal Golem with only an intent of war.

Ancient Golem- Agility based Stone Golem with long forgotten powers of nature.

Ranger Spirit- Agility based spirits of the Fallen Human Rangers that were the best marksman and hunters of Azeroth. (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/ranger-221882/?prev=c=3&t=1&r=20&d=list&page=2)

Templar Golem- Intelligence based Metal Golem devoted mainly to defense, and strength.

Archmage Spirit- Intelligence based spirits of the Fallen Archmagi of Dalaran.

For the other four Heroes if you can make a model then pm me the page to look at and I'll see if I like it or not.

Here are the Upgrades for the Golems so tell me what you think of them.

Basic Tier Upgrades you can just forget about because you should know what they are and what they do.

The Engineers build an Arcane Boulder Tower as a start off building, but those towers upgrade to even more powerful towers until they are up to level 3. The basic level 1 towers require just a level 1 tier. Level 2 towers require a Level 2 Tier with both secondary research sites. Level 3 requires Level 3 tier with both secondary research sites and an alter.

Upgrades for buildings: Since the race this race has some similarity to humans their only upgrade under this category is Reinforced Masonry- This ability has 3 levels (already been given the name of the first level), and each level further increase the defense and hit points of all of he their buildings (each level starting with 1 requires the level tier that is the same level as theirs).

Upgrades for units:
Backpack- gives certain units the ability of inventory but doesn’t allow them to use any items in their inventory;
Weathered Hide- Another 3 level upgrade that the higher the level is the higher the tier level that is required, for all Stone-type units this upgrade increases defense.
Metal Armor- This gives all stone-type units metallic armor and increases their defense, requires Level 3 tier and level 3 Withered Hide.
Metal Enhancements- 3 level upgrade that increases the defense and hit points of all metal-type units.
Terran Strength- 3 level upgrade increases the strength of all stone-type units.
Metallic Force- 3 level upgrade increases the strength of all metal-type units.

Specific Unit Upgrades:
Improved Resource Harvesting- Increases the amount of resources harvested by all worker units, exception Arcane Engineers.
Nurture Dragon-type (replace "dragon-type" with whatever is being replaced by the next of the Dragon-type units)- 2 level upgrade that turns the dragon hatchlings into dragons.
Dragon Training- makes it to where any ranger-type unit, including hero ranger, can mount and dismount Dragons, requires Nurture Dragon-type Level 2.
And then you have the other 2 level upgrades for the Geomancers, Warlocks, and Spellbreakers.
Also there is an upgrade for the light aerial anti-aerial unit about bullets but increases the strength of its attacks.

Level 21
Golem is a construct, they can be made out of other stuff besides rock and metal. For in-game example you can see Flesh Golems, abominations could be considered type of golem too. It is just that most common golem is earth.

Anyway looking at upgrades I will be surprised if this race is capable of losing. Please remember the most important things are balance and creativity.

Level 21
Well first that comes to mind is that you have pillage and gathering resource increment which makes it unfair advantage and the other thing is upgrade that gives health boost 200 per upgrade which is to much because your units are already extremely strong compared to enemy.

Rest of upgrades are just regular upgrades nothing new there.

Level 21
Well Reinforced Masonry isn't exactly unbalanced as your only defense are towers. True you do have Towers more fitting Tower Defense then map where you are supposed to use units but its the only form of defense Golems have. And it is human ability so its not original.

My point was about HP that Golems don't need it at all they already are powerful. Also the only universal upgrades are the 4 upgrades (or 3 in orcs case).

"My point was about HP that Golems don't need it at all they already are powerful. Also the only universal upgrades are the 4 upgrades (or 3 in orcs case)."

Oh, okay. I didn't understand that part of your point until then.

Also I'm adding an Anti-aerial unit that can only attack Aerial units. It has speed and it also has the abilities Resistant Hide (Deflects some Spell Damage) and hardened skin.

Edit: I might end up changing a bit to see if the race seems OP'd with these changes. Also can anyone help me on model making? I just can't seem to get the changes I want in it, plus my art tools won't instal even with what it requested I have. Could anyone help with that. The models I need are the Arcanite Golem and the Flesh Golem Commander. I don't care what you do to the models I would, but I would like these attributes put into them.
Flesh Golem Commander- Bright Blue eyes
Arcanite Golem- Same color eyes, and has to have a wicked version of Archimonde's spell slam.

----Edit----

Okay I just did a remake of the race mainly because I couldn't seem to debug the race without making or putting another bug back in, and I'll send you the new details soon I just need to get the full version down on a google docs and I'll post the link for you all.

Here is the link.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XrFxn_4y24Jks_CINgDbppnBR5criQNKo1AFeguTTTw/edit?usp=sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.