• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged Editor Inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys, I've recently purchased wc3 reforged and been trying to get into modding for about two days now.

I was planning on making custom races. Been fiddling with the obejct editor and was able to make myself custom high elf units based off the human tech tree.

I've tested each of the units themselves by placing samples of each custom unit and building manually onto the map to test upgrades, training, combat stats etc and they seem to work fine, with upgrades and skills also going just fine but for one issue: when i removed all the nanually placed units and try the actual play testing by starting off with the standard initial building and workers, my high elf workers are unable to build any of custom buildings.

When i open the build menu of my workers, the custom buildings are there, but whenever i try to build one with my worker, he just goes there and nothing happens. Even the farm which i just changed the model to the high elf farm but otherwise identical with the original human farm can't be built - it has no tech tree requirements and is likewise classified as a buildable object so I'm confused why it's not working.

Can someone help me?

Level 20
When i open the build menu of my workers, the custom buildings are there, but whenever i try to build one with my worker, he just goes there and nothing happens. Even the farm which i just changed the model to the high elf farm but otherwise identical with the original human farm can't be built - it has no tech tree requirements and is likewise classified as a buildable object so I'm confused why it's not working.
If your builder doesn't have Repair it won't build a Human building.

Status
Not open for further replies.