• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.30 World Editor Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have recently upgraded to patch 1.30 PTR, and the issue I noticed that World Editor units and tech trees are not updated with the patched version. E.g. Stormbolt still registers as 350 damage. Priest has 200 mana at master tier etc. Caster attack upgrades are not applied. Siphon mana can not target friendlies. However, maps not modified by WE are still fine and apply patch upgrades. Has anyone else notice these bugs or is it an issue with my patching? Also I could not find this thread elsewhere so sorry if it has been resolved already :).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
This is because custom maps use Patch 1.07 Game Data Set by default. You can change it in Map Options, but using Melee Game Data Set can bring unwanted changes to custom maps, wherefore IMHO it is discouraged to do so.
You're saying that if I don't choose latest melee patch, then Tranquility will have no more invulnerability period?

You're saying that if I don't choose latest melee patch, then Tranquility will have no more invulnerability period?
I do not know if that is affected by this setting. Surely all fields that can be edited in the object editor are affected. If Blizzard has added some other features to abilities in patches, I do not know how they behave when changing this setting.

This is because custom maps use Patch 1.07 Game Data Set by default. You can change it in Map Options, but using Melee Game Data Set can bring unwanted changes to custom maps, wherefore IMHO it is discouraged to do so.
Hi, Tommy.
The issue has been resolved +3 rep. Thank you so much man!

Level 10
Hi, Tommy.
The issue has been resolved +3 rep. Thank you so much man!

Hello,

1. what did you mean by "+3 rep"?
2. so to counter some unwanted changes as mentioned above by deepstrasz, I have thought of a solution: change 1 bit in the Object Editor, then use the Map Options to switch back to Melee Game Data Set, and finally manually created custom changes as I likes. Does that help?

Level 29
Hello,

1. what did you mean by "+3 rep"?
2. so to counter some unwanted changes as mentioned above by deepstrasz, I have thought of a solution: change 1 bit in the Object Editor, then use the Map Options to switch back to Melee Game Data Set, and finally manually created custom changes as I likes. Does that help?
I don't know about the first question. It was already done by the moderator himself.

To be clarify:
-Default: This is a random option. If your map is not a melee, it will use the vanilla stats (1.07 TFT).
-Melee: If you use this option, then the unit stats are based on the latest versions of TFT.

What it does mean is that there will be a major changes. For example, there will be new Knight's upgrade, Undead Necromancer had his spells being revampped (Raise Dead now requires an Adept upgrade), and so on.
If your map is not a melee (RPG or campaigns), don't use the second option so the game stats will be stabilized.
I modified a melee map to include the random race and hero for Player 1 (me) and used the Melee Game Data Set. It's 100% working.

For those who are curious, +3 rep refers to the old reputation system back then (guys, this is 2018 thread, probs even count as necro), which is now replaced with the experience system that is used at the time of this post (in case people sees this like 5 years later and we use something else).

Status
Not open for further replies.