• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Object Editor issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
There seems to be an issue with Object Editor in World Editor where I cannot see custom units (for techtree) and custom upgrades for units to use when I want to add them up. Anyone experiencing this or is it just my Editor playing some random tricks?

Screenshot 2017-02-27 01.39.08.png
Screenshot 2017-02-27 01.39.22.png

As you can see on the pictures above, upgrade is made but when I want to add it on a certain unit, it appears to not show up. It's same as when for example willing to have "Imperial Knight" (custom unit) require a custom made "Castle" or whatever.

"Custom" tab appears to be empty when trying to find those.

Level 12
Try adding the abilities by raw type code using the raw edit (shift + double click to open). You should be able to add abilities in a textual form.

Apparently the issue was having only Campaign Editor open and not the actual map or any chapter in the World Editor. Now, I am not aware whether this was an issue before the latest patch or not. The reason I did keep just Campaign Editor open and not any map from it was because that way it works faster and there is literally no lag when adding new units, changing unit names and so on - whereas when map is open in background it lags each time I want to do something like that. Anyways, long story short, this can be marked as solved and I stated the "fix" in this post.

Thanks for your response, though, I greatly appreciate it mate! :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Apparently the issue was having only Campaign Editor open and not the actual map or any chapter in the World Editor. Now, I am not aware whether this was an issue before the latest patch or not. The reason I did keep just Campaign Editor open and not any map from it was because that way it works faster and there is literally no lag when adding new units, changing unit names and so on - whereas when map is open in background it lags each time I want to do something like that. Anyways, long story short, this can be marked as solved and I stated the "fix" in this post.
Campaign editor has its own object editor separate from the map object editor. Objects changed there will be changed campaign wide, and are marked with a different colour from map object editor.

To make object editor faster for maps, go to the main window (terrain window) and turn off "Brush List" from one of the pull down menus at the top. Every time you make certain changes in the object editor, eg new/delete type or rename type, then it has to rebuild the brush list which takes several seconds. Turning the brush list off makes such changes take well under 1 second.

Level 12
Campaign editor has its own object editor separate from the map object editor. Objects changed there will be changed campaign wide, and are marked with a different colour from map object editor.

To make object editor faster for maps, go to the main window (terrain window) and turn off "Brush List" from one of the pull down menus at the top. Every time you make certain changes in the object editor, eg new/delete type or rename type, then it has to rebuild the brush list which takes several seconds. Turning the brush list off makes such changes take well under 1 second.

Alright, thanks a lot for the advice! Greatly appreciated, seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.