• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Object Editor bug (1.26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

So I wanted to copy an ability from the campaign's object editor to map's object editor, to slightly edit it for that specific mission when all this showed up. A whole bunch of new stats to edit, some even seemingly unrelated to the spell as far as I can tell. I tried it with other spells, same result. What caused this?

Attachments

• 23124125.png
    23124125.png
    974.8 KB · Views: 156
Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

But what is this? I can't be the only one to have found this.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
You are not ^^. I've also run into this many years ago, but I never figured out how to recreate it. I was hoping I could use it to enhance some ordinary ability to do extra things :p. That would be awesome, but I reckon it doesn't work.

So it happens when you copy an ability from the campaign editor to a specific mission? Nice that you figured it out :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
We can only help you if you use the latest version of Warcraft III.

What appears to be happening is that it is showing all object type fields, and not just those which are relevant for that object type. There used to be third party editors that could turn this on, and one can turn it on by modifying some game files. Some very old spell (will not work due to type cast exploit) used the one trigger readable art field to make its own scripting language.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

We can only help you if you use the latest version of Warcraft III.

What appears to be happening is that it is showing all object type fields, and not just those which are relevant for that object type. There used to be third party editors that could turn this on, and one can turn it on by modifying some game files. Some very old spell (will not work due to type cast exploit) used the one trigger readable art field to make its own scripting language.

I asked around and apparently it also exists in the latest version (not 100% sure though). I just wanted to report this bug and see if spells can be edited more thoroughly through this method, but as you and others have confirmed most of these fields aren't even related to the spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.