• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to mod further into WarCraft 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I know that this is a more WarCraft 3 related modded site and I didnt know where other populated WarCraft themed site to go to and where to post this other than here. But if you lock, flame me or whatnot I'll understand but here goes:

Recently I installed WarCraft 2 BNE just mainly for nostalgia purposes only. I always thought of modding WarCraft 2 and the thought always came into my mind was creating an actual WarCraft 2 campaign inside WarCraft 2. I have all the modding tools that allow me to edit the .mpq file (WinMPQ) and I have a good .tbl viewer/editor that allows me to change the objectives (what they say), characters names, text in the mission briefings and other stuff.

I made a map and replaced the first human campaign map and my map showed up instead and it worked. I also have a map editor that allows me to use the AI from the campaign in my maps too. But the question is? How to change the voices that say the text in the mission briefings. In the setup.exe file in the disk it contains the voice of the briefing, so should I move the .exe file into the wardat2.mpq file or just the .wav files instead? Also Is there an actual way to edit the actual map objectives or will just going into the .tbl file that contains the objective and changing them will work?

Any ideas or anything would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.