• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to mod WC Reforged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Before 1.32 I had to allow local files and then just put folders with changed files straight into the game folder with the .exe file.

Where should I put new files now? For example I want to edit the Black RocknRoll map from the campaign and make the game use my edited map instead of vanilla one. So I edited the map and where should I put the map file?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Where should I put new files now? For example I want to edit the Black RocknRoll map from the campaign and make the game use my edited map instead of vanilla one. So I edited the map and where should I put the map file?
I don't think you can edit campaign maps and play them via the campaign menu. You have to extract them and put them in C:\(or operating system drive)users\username\documents\warcraft III\maps

Level 4
Local files should go into the '_retail_
You are correct! Models and icons can be replaced there.
But I haven't figured out how to make the game use my w3x files instead of vanilla ones yet.

Now I want to look into the main game archive to see the resource paths. I extracted the 28 gb "data" file which was within several data.000, data.001 etc files.

So, How can open this 28gb 'data' file? It has no extension. Which software whould I use to open it and extract all the game resoures? Is it even possible atm?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
So, How can open this 28gb 'data' file? It has no extension. Which software whould I use to open it and extract all the game resoures? Is it even possible atm?
Try a CASC viewer.
Only way you could make the maps follow one another is by inserting them in a .w3n but Reforged does not support custom campaigns anymore.
Maybe it could work by editing each map and setting the connection properly between them via the game cache triggers. And if you have them all in one folder, they would run one after the other, I don't know.

Level 10
Ah, right-- I forgot that they changed the pathing of the campaign maps, oops, haha.
Can't remember exact pathing right now, but I think the new pathing for campaign maps was 'Campaign>Classic/Reforged(Depending on whichever you're playing around with of courese.)'

Although you probably found it by now anyway, have fun!

Level 4
you probably found it by now anyway
I did :)

And I figured out how to make reforged campaign menu use my custom maps insted of vanilla campaign maps.
Unfortunately you cant just place a map into the campaign\reforged\roc folder inside the _retail data. Instead you must create your own folder path like "MyCampaign" and put there your maps. Plus you have to change the campaigninforeforged.txt file inside the "Warcraft III\_retail_\ui" folder.
We can change the blizzard campaigns.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
And I figured out how to make reforged campaign menu use my custom maps insted of vanilla campaign maps.
Unfortunately you cant just place a map into the campaign\reforged\roc folder inside the _retail data. Instead you must create your own folder path like "MyCampaign" and put there your maps. Plus you have to change the campaigninforeforged.txt file inside the "Warcraft III\_retail_\ui" folder.
Great! What about custom campaigns? Can you do something like that to play them?

Level 4
Can you do something like that to play them?
Yes, now we can play them through the standart campiagn screens as if they were vanilla campaigns.

Yes, now we can play them through the standart campiagn screens as if they were vanilla campaigns.
But that comes with limitations of course and it's far from normal custom campaign usage like in classic WC3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
I did :)

Hello sorry. I don't understand the procedure to make Reforged read my maps from the campaign menu. I bought the game this week with the expectation of being able to edit the campaigns of the game like in classic warcraft but I can't. Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.