• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello
here is my problem:
I want to make a warcraft mod. I know i need to modify the MPQ
but does someone can tell me what programmes i need to modify files INSIDE the MPQ file. For starcraft I, for example, you need DatEdit to modify .dat files, you need TblPad to modify .tbl files, etc...
Can you tell me what programes i need to modify files inside warcraft 3 .mpq files plz?
Here is what i need to do inmy mod:
Add new units
remove some originals units
Changes the campaing (Changes campaing maps)
Add news models
Add news skins (If i need to do so)
Changes messages in warcraft (Example: Warcraft III Frozen Throne to another message, Battle.net wrote on the button, etc...)

i think thats all
so please answer me if you can
thanks ;)

Level 13
Here's to config MPQ addon for totalcmd. Then you can open MPQs in TC like zips. I'm going off for now...

Attachments

• tc.JPG
    tc.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 183
of course you need to have other programs which can open the files inside the mpq, depending on the file you want to open...

example: you will need WE to open the map files and campaign files, notepad to open the .txt files etc...

just search the net for the programs which you can use to open a file type...

Just one suggestion: if you have no background in this things, I don't suggest trying to edit the files since it could ruin your wc3...

Status
Not open for further replies.