1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warden #42

Submitted by Rufus
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Hosted Project Forum [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
Warden is a single player campaign with unique boss fights, puzzles and gameplay, inspired by Zelda.
[​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

-Main Features-
[​IMG] Arrowkey Movement
A very polished system for arrowkey movement has been created for this project. The player can also use
the cursor for movement, if that is preferred.
[​IMG] Intriguing Story
Canon to the warcraft lore, the story-telling in the campaign overmaps covers holes in warcrafts own lore,
such as how Felwood was before its corruption, or how Maievs prison where she held Illidan came to be.
[​IMG] Puzzles, Obstacles and Boss Fights
You will encounter a great deal of puzzles that requires some brains to solve, and obstacles where speed and
timing is key. Boss fights, which are fairly common, often requires you to those previous qualities together!
[​IMG] Cool Combat
Most enemies have a trick or two up their sleeves, so you have to dodge, dance around and pick your
moments to strike in a fight rather than just right-click them and hope for the best.

-Screenshots-

Leave a comment and rating if you like it! :)

[​IMG]
Contents

-Warden- 42 (Campaign)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b
After over a year of updates, Warden has risen to be one of the most unique and high quality campaign out there. Hack n' slash + puzzles + a new story is a recipe for success. Moderator rating bumped from 4/5 to 5/5.
  1. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think, this is an awesome idea!

2. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Your terraining is amazing!

3. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks a lot Stan!
    I'm quite satisfied with what I manage to create by almost only blizzard dodads. :)

4. B22

B22

Resources:
    Resources:
    My LP video of this campaign

5. chubemocboc

chubemocboc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Rufus, the puzzle replay use a map WorldEditMap.w3x, how can I find it

6. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wow, thanks a lot man!
    Really glad you wanted to make a video about this. :D
    I suggest that you download the latest version though, as a few bugs have been fixed with forest temple and Dark depths. :)

Be sure to tell me if you decide to upload more!

7. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm not sure what you mean here? :)

8. chubemocboc

chubemocboc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im mean I cant run the replay

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  9. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh.
    I'm not sure why some people have this trouble.
    I'll see if I can record a youtube video sometime in the future instead. :)

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    -how to get out of the controls menu? Ah! It seems ENTER works; also this menu needs a correct description; R is not casting a hook but the rewind spell etc.
    -saving takes about 20 or more seconds
    -secret island lol? Oh come on; be more creative
    -the big box is floating :D
    -I don't know but this map has moments when it lags horribly; the map surely has leaks or something; saving takes more than a minute later on
    -lucky I've remembered that writing numbers in the chat box moves the catapult...
    -floating box on the switch :D
    -can't take the purple diamond in the water tunnel to the east where the red spiked thingies come from the north; is it a maximum of 5 lives now?
    -attacking the box near the skeleton results in the box's destruction and the warden's loss of the dash ability
    -the diamond mentioned above still can't be taken even if lives are below 5; nope, neither can the one in the north be taken where the water shots are...
    -now every box I attack breaks...

I'm not rating it until these things are fixed. I've played the version 1.0, the one uploaded on the 5th of September.
    I've attached a replay and its corresponding map version.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  11. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There is also a text on the very bottom of the list saying "Close" with the same hotkey that you opened the menu with.
    The menues will be updated though. The screen will not fade before displaying the list of options. Also, the objectives list may be replaced.
    Will be fixed!
    How did you find that!? :D
    Hmm? Which one?
    I haven't noticed that myself, but it is worth looking into. I will ask someone to go through the triggers of one map, and then I will be able to fix it in all other maps aswell. I recently discovered a location leak in the attack action, so it is very possible that I have missed taht in other places aswell.
    Yup, this was a mistake. Instructions are available behind that rock barrier... :D However, that have already been fixed in the latest version, 1.02.
    Thanks for reminding me! I forgot about fixing this bug.
    I have no idea why this bug occurs, but I'll try to find a solution! I have an equally strange bug in the second last room of the dungeon, which have no reason not to work...
    That is certainly also strange...
    I hope I can fix this!

Thanks a lot for those bug reports! I really appreciate it.
    I'll notify you when I have fixed it. :)

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Does not work. Pressed almost all the keyboard. Enter worked though.
    Walking, of course. I like exploring, especially when it is required in this map to collect those box pieces.
    The one that is made from the 8 pieces.
    Thanks. You know I more than like your maps.

13. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hehe :D
    I never get tired of hearing it. :)

I've resolved a few problems already, but I ahve a serious issue with a late room which needs to be fixed with the next update.

14. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Review Version: 1.03, 15/9/16
    Review is not guaranteed to be accurate with future updates.

Its a warden map.
    If you like the others, here's another one.

Personally I like the external Island terrain, it is in my opinion, the best scene-piece in the series.
    Generally, the terrain here seems better than in the other maps in the series.
    The construction of the vortex area was also very impressive.

Mechanically, I though that the map was a hit and miss.
    Some sections, such as the "use catapults to smash objects" was pretty intuitive.
    Other areas such as the library puzzle came across as a exercise in creator mind-reading.
    Personally, I would add sound cues whenever the player does anything of significance such as perhaps getting 1/3 of the puzzle levers correct; hence hinting to the player that they are at least making something happen.

Minor gripes
    - The victory text plays repeatedly
    - The catapult in the escape sequence can stop working if you die during said escape.

15. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Those issues will be fixed asap.

Really glad you liked it!
    I'm quite satisfied with it myself. :)
    The indoors is always hard to populate properly, and I think I did a good job with the library. The rest is, meh... decent.
    However, Every now and then I will return to this map and seeif I can improve things, and the indoor decorations might be one of those.

I could make the puzzle easier by adding hints to it, but that is hard to do without making it too easy.
    I might add a hint that is displayed after not solving the library puzzle in 4 minutes, making Shalis say something like: "I cannot seem to find a purple rune anywhere. Perhaps I can combine two of those boxes in one circle?"

Sounds good.
    I'll see what I can do. :)

Thanks for the review!
    I really appreciate it. :D

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I feel so awkward being the only one (!?) experiencing problems with this map...

-I don't know if trees would grow in a roofed temple/building without proper sunlight; use bushes instead :D?
    -the catapult can destroy boxes
    -items and circles can be selected
    -are the golden books just for the looks?
    -when the elemental boss appeared, the catapult message ran when coming close to it; it didn't appear before the boss came into being; also got a message with sacrificing in the middle or something
    -horrible lag for me when the elemental starts throwing multiple crushing waves
    -somehow succeeded to die in the red circle but then dash didn't work anymore
    -is Shalis supposed to go through the portal near the catapult where a soul gem also is after the elemental dies? If so, there's a crab boss, some levers in a room and stuff just feels like IDCLIP in another room; yep... reached a room with water currents where there are rocks that are supposed to stop her; instead she just gets through them; at the end of that place, she gets blocked in the southern margin without any way to get to the western ramp; also it seems the rune of healing is following her :D; sorry, can't save a replay because I've already loaded the game several times; I guess the rooms should be passed one by one with the collapsing roof timer on but Shalis can just get anywhere she wants
    -anyways, I have no idea how it runs on your PC; mine is more than fit to run WcIII and still this map has awful lag moments

Here's the link to the video:
    20160915_121041.avi
    Couldn't save replay but filmed it!

17. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    "-I don't know if trees would grow in a roofed temple/building without proper sunlight; use bushes instead :D?!"
    True, I thought of it too, but it looked good, so it could stay. :)

"-the catapult can destroy boxes"
    Oh, this should not happen! I'll fix it.

"-items and circles can be selected"
    Does this mean you could select it, and you didn't have conrtrol of Shalis anymore?

"-are the golden books just for the looks?"
    Nope. One is the catapulkt instruction, and the other one, a hint to the blood offering. You couldn't pick them up?

"-when the elemental boss appeared, the catapult message ran when coming close to it; it didn't appear before the boss came into being; also got a message with sacrificing in the middle or something"
    I'll look into it.

"-horrible lag for me when the elemental starts throwing multiple crushing waves"
    "-anyways, I have no idea how it runs on your PC; mine is more than fit to run WcIII and still this map has awful lag moments"
    Alright. This is because there are simply many triggers running on loops simultanously. I'll see if I can make it perform better.

"-somehow succeeded to die in the red circle but then dash didn't work anymore"
    Strange. I'll see what I can do.

"-is Shalis supposed to go through the portal near the catapult where a soul gem also is after the elemental dies? If so, there's a crab boss, some levers in a room and stuff just feels like IDCLIP in another room; yep... reached a room with water currents where there are rocks that are supposed to stop her; instead she just gets through them; at the end of that place, she gets blocked in the southern margin without any way to get to the western ramp; also it seems the rune of healing is following her :D; sorry, can't save a replay because I've already loaded the game several times; I guess the rooms should be passed one by one with the collapsing roof timer on but Shalis can just get anywhere she wants"
    Did you use the "esc" command to launch the water elemntal boss? Because it shouldn't be possible before killing the crab, since he is also guarding a runestone.
    I'll look into the other issues too.

Thanks for your help! :)

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, until I selected her again.
    Couldn't! Attacked them, tried putting boxes on them, nada :(
    What!? The elemental is after the crab? I thought something was weird when going through the room with the crab while having a timer and then just passing through so many rooms that looked like there puzzles should be solved, just didn't make sense to me.
    I don't remember pressing ESC. I don't think I had a reason to. It was like this: I brought four boxes (the last one was a yellow/normal one; the others were all the others but one normal box and the purple one) in the room where 4 white circles and 1 red circle (+the first catapult and many obelisks/doodads) are and then suddenly something about Shalis making a great service message appeared and then poof, the elemental.

But, what I don't understand is, how do I keep encountering stuff like this while others don't?

Notes: I've played it on Very Easy and used "whosyourdaddy" once to see if the crushing waves in the tunnel that leads to the coloured boxes deals damage with the cheat on. Deactivated the cheat and afterwards realized taking a box was the trick. That means, the cheat wasn't used on anything else than for that particular test which lasted about maximum 30 seconds.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  19. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Or using light rays from the ceiling...

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Trees wouldn't grow big without rain and proper light, still. But, it's a better idea than to replace them. Adding something is easier.