1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - What we know... so far.

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Amigoltu

Amigoltu

Resources:
    Resources:
  2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yourarthasNews.png

3. Amigoltu

Amigoltu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I feel like a fool now. Anyways, here's more:
    Developers answers questions from Back2Warcraft fan site

Apparently, maps changes will be retained, as will new music. The story, soundsets and the rest will most likely be original. Editor beta coming out soon, and all pre-purchers will get beta-access soon, as well. Team color problems, and general color problems are getting looked into.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'd urge them to invest more time and money on campaign gameplay changes/addons (especially for the new characters: new spells or the like, voice lines, bit of cinematic time). Otherwise, these changes feel incomplete.

5. Amigoltu

Amigoltu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Personally, I only want expanded capabilities of Editor (TESH primarily, as well as sound-set, UI customization), and the updated graphics. Everything else, we can create ourselves. Want more WoW-like story? Make an alternate campaign. Want Wow-like maps? Make them. Blizzard only needs to give us a template with new graphics and new features to allow for more customization.

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're right. Let's hope they do indeed make the editor better and better but first they have to fix the current bugs and that means for Classic as well.

[​IMG]

7. ToldYouSo

ToldYouSo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As it seems to me now beta version of a reforged actually looks like an ALPHA version.
    I mean I cannot even play it in multiplayer.
    And got the same feedbacks from other people.
    I mean the color spectrum really sucks, icons and portraits do the same. This are main problems. I guess everything else can be fixed easily.
    But when I remember what they did with HoTs I better remain pesimistic.

They could ve done the same remaster as they did in Starcraft. Just adding more polygons and game lighting stuff... you know.

8. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This means essentiallly we WONT be getting brand new campaign maps.

Considering their 2018 showcase was the vastly different. the culling and that this likely means we WONT see stuff like anasterian sunstrider in silvermoon.

I call this a huge downgrade and a game sold on lies in 2018

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You'll probably see Anesterian as a model/skin to the Archmage in the last Quel'thalas map. But that won't make the gameplay different.

People seem really angry about this move on the official forums.

10. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    To be honest their anger pales before purists anger since last year, since 7 November 'Please don't retcon the lore with WoW' thread has been the top thread of the forums and has got the most likes.

I'm glad it's heard (even if I think it is just because they could not make it)

11. Amigoltu

Amigoltu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why would you need Blizzard to provide you new campaign maps? Make them yourself. Change the story however you want. Create your "Anasterian" model, or ask for some good soul to make it for you.

I cannot speak for entire Hive/WarcraftIII community, but personally, I never wanted a redone campaign. Original Warcraft 3 campaign is amazing, the story is just right. The maps are well made, with all the Easter Eggs and other interesting stuff. I don't want that to be taken away. I just want it to be polished with new graphics. And more so - I want an upgraded Editor, that allows for more detailed customization of the game.

12. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can do that to some extent, sure, but... you won't get the original voice acting, you won't get that feeling that it's "the official campaign" and... let's be real - look at the Blizzcon 2018 demo cutscenes and tell me, do you really think that someone will do them at a similar scale and quality? I highly doubt it, it's just too much work for even the most skilled group of modders to handle.

That said, I get where you're coming from - I have no doubt that eventually people will make some cool models or icons or that some folks will craft amazing campaigns or apply amazing improvements to the classic ones. Sure. After all, we're getting an upgraded editor and a metric ton of new models. That's cool. But let's not fool ourselves - Blizzard capabilities are a lot bigger than what modders can do and there are things that we can only get if Blizzard are the ones doing them.

13. Amigoltu

Amigoltu

Resources:
    Resources:
    I must disagree. Look at the models on this site. Some of them are just mind-blowing, not just reaching levels of professionally created models, but surpassing them. Blizzard employees are not some higher beings. They are people like us, they use same programs. Hell, many of us here have IT engineering/programming/graphics degrees and are working in those fields. Do not underestimate this community, my friend :)

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Chill, you have the Classic one. The idea wasn't to retcon the Reforged version. It was to connect it with WoW without retconning it but just to add stuff, bonus, goodies.
    Show me how many, if any, campaigns have custom animations for their cutscenes.

15. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not underestimating the community - as I've said, I absolutely believe that some folks will do really amazing stuff :)

The thing is - what "we" are doing here is just a hobby and some things require so much work that people would have to take them up as basically a second job. This is the limiting factor. For example, the cutscenes - do I think some people here would be capable of making something like that (or better)? Absolutely. Now, do I think that these people could add these cutscenes to literally every single campaign map? No, because that's just too much work.

That's what I've meant by "capabilities" - I don't doubt that some people here could match Blizzard's work in almost every regard, I just think expecting a fairly small group of people to do that in their free time as a hobby is a unrealistic :)

16. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Uhhh because they sold reforge with the culling map as the teasee insisting they were going to redo maps aka brand new missions and make cutscenes like the cullings beta ones...

And then they didnt.

Its a bait and switch and its fucking boring

We get vanilla maps weve all beaten dozens of times now instead of new ones to play through.

But lets just excuse blizzsrd lying because you guys want the same map youve played 20 times instead of having a new iteration of the map and campaigns. Which would be equivalent to BRAND NEW campaigns since map design is what really matters. Who fucking cares about the script i skip that shit now ive heard it countless times.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  17. Prometheus3375

Prometheus3375

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am a bit confused by these points.
    1. Can someone point me the video or article where reconnection was promised?
    2. Hundreds of new triggers? Maybe, hundreds of new options for trigger editor? But still, where 100+ new options were was promised? Hundreds - 200, 300 or even 400. It is an insane amount of new features.

I am asking these because this page is pointed as a source for russian Wikipedia and I am really surprised to see such promises.

UPD: removed the point about UI and mentioning Lua support in 1.31. Well, Reforged was announced in November 2018, 1.31 was launched on 31st May of 2019, so such points in the post from 3rd November 2018 are absolutely OK.
    The remaining 2 points are still in force. If someone will point such promises, I will very appreciate it. I can still do it alone, but unfortunately I'm very busy to search for sources. At first I will look the attached videos.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  18. Kilgaden

Kilgaden

Resources:
    Resources:
    no you can play with reforged players if you have original

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  20. Marinchson

Marinchson

Resources:
    Resources:
    You know the thing is there would have been a way to benefit both sides. Put a switch in it for playing Classic campaign or Reforged campaign. I am realy realy dissapointed that they wont do the changes now. becouse lets be real, if i want to feel nostalgia over playing the original campaign that isnt redone i would just play the old version of the game again. They promiced an Reworked version of the campaign and now they give us only an remaster. Even the cutscenes wont be like in the Demo. And i understand that some dont want this changes to the campaign but some (like me) preordered the game to get exacly that! an reworked campaign that gives a new experience. and i was realy thinking about canceling my preorder becouse i dont see any benefit in playing the campaign again just in better graphs. again if i want that ill would rather take the old version than the new. the only thing that is keeping me from canceling it is honestly the fact that some of my favurite custom maps will get reforged upgrades like sunken city (highly recoment that map).