• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III: Reforged PTR – Version 1.33.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Warcraft III: Reforged PTR – Version 1.33.0

Blizzard said:

Hello Warcraft III: Reforged players,

We’ve recently begun public testing of our next update to Warcraft III: Reforged – version 1.33.0. This update focuses on three features: Ranked Play, Leaderboards, and Player Profiles. We expect to test the new version for 2-3 weeks to gather data, receive feedback from testers, and stress-test the new systems. Thank you very much for testing this patch with us!

–The Warcraft III Team

Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Notes
Version 1.33.0

Ranked Play

• Players may now choose between Ranked and Unranked Play.
  • Seasons are now available.
    • When a Season ends, the ladder will reset, and players will be able to see their history via their Profile and the Leaderboards.
  • Your matchmaking rating (MMR) is unique for race, including Random.
  • To be placed, players must play 5 placement matches per race.
  • After playing a Ranked Match, you’ll be taken to a post-game screen which will display your MMR change and rankings.
  • The available Ranks are:
    • Unranked
    • Combatant
    • Challenger
    • Rival
    • Duelist
    • Elite
    • Gladiator
    • Champion
Leaderboards

• Players can now view their rank in the Leaderboard section, which can be accessed from the Versus screen.
  • In the Leaderboard, you can filter by user-names, and sort between race and mode.
Player Profiles

• You can now access your profile by right-clicking on the player icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
  • Access other players’ profiles by right-clicking on their name and selecting “View Profile”.
Reforged Campaign

• Numerous tuning and balance adjustments have been made to multiple campaign maps.

Last edited:
Level 20
Yay, the Unpaid Intern Team finally said something! :D

I'm kidding :) Though, I'm a bit surprised that Warcraft 3 even has a development team - like, after all this time, I and probably many others thought the game was abandoned completely. It's nice to be proven wrong, so while this patch doesn't have anything for me, thank you Reforged Team.

P.S. There's also a blog post with an interesting bit about patches @Archian Warcraft® III: Reforged Update – 1.33.0 PTR Patch

"Multiple updates this year"... So, we're gonna get another patch? Or two, maybe? More would be insane, so probably not, but... Fingers crossed of them finally brings back custom campaigns and has some nice editor updates.

Level 22
Yay, the Unpaid Intern Team finally said something! :D

I'm kidding :) Though, I'm a bit surprised that Warcraft 3 even has a development team - like, after all this time, I and probably many others thought the game was abandoned completely. It's nice to be proven wrong, so while this patch doesn't have anything for me, thank you Reforged Team.

P.S. There's also a blog post @Archian Warcraft® III: Reforged Update – 1.33.0 PTR Patch

"Multiple updates this year"... So, we're gonna get another patch? Or two, maybe? More would be insane, so probably not, but... Fingers crossed it finally brings back custom campaign and has some nice editor updates.
I don't think that we should expect something big, just keep calm and pray that their new updates doesn't break Reforged at all :D

Level 24
frankenstein-its-alive.gif

Level 11
Now, go post about custom campaigns on the patch thread: Warcraft III: Reforged PTR -- Version 1.33.0
Will do. Still nothing about them in two years, what a disgrace...

And yet, even if they did include custom campaigns since day 1, I wouldn't even buy Reforged. The artstyle direction is so un-warcraftesque, so far from what it was in the original game, I just can't do it. To me, it's not the same game.

Still, it's a good thing they're finally releasing a new patch, at least they're still working on the game.

~El

Level 17
fucking finally. custom campaigns next (+ whatever other features were missing) and then just leave the game alone.
wish they yanked the stupid web-based UI the fuck out too and kept legacy as an option
the fucking thing nukes my system whenever i try to run reforged under wine

even fucking cyberpunk runs better on linux than this piece of garbage

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Can confirm Loading Screen issue and:

In the 1.33 PTR, units become silent after saying 1-2 ‘What’ or ‘Yes’ acknowledgements while Unit Voices are turned on.

EDIT:
Also, @Explobomb 's Doom Lord (both in Editor and in-game)

Attachments

• DoomLord.png
    DoomLord.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Level 1
The notes are missing a lot of information.

Please post issues here with the editor.
Bugs in WE:
  • crashes when trying to view effect models in the object editor
  • when viewing unit models, they are stretched vertically
Does it make sense to write suggestions here?

Retera here, developer of Retera Model Studio. I wanted to report that I just saw the PTR World Editor crash unexpectedly on a blank/basic map with a Tinker hero and a couple of other units. I opened the Gameplay Constants, opened one of the popups to edit the Hero damage table, then cancelled the popup without changing anything. At the moment that I clicked "Cancel", the World Editor instantly crashed. I have no further data regarding the cause of the issue at this time.

we're just happy that "there's something"
Maybe. I personally believe that the goobers who say "How could Reforged be any worse?" are mislead, and contrary to popular belief it actually could be a lot worse. With that in mind, we'll see how this goes.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
I wonder if this will be affecting your work on perfecting the Damage Engine?
The only benefits to using Damage Engine in vJass at this point:
Fewer handles created due to TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ creating a bunch of events for every GUI trigger
Backreferencing to the correct values in the case of spirit link/thorns aura
Data attachment via user-defined damage types
Slightly-increased performance by referencing global variables rather than getter-functions

None of these affects someone who just asks in the World Editor Help Zone "how do I detect damage"? In fact, those folks are often intimidated by the size and complexity of Damage Engine and end up incorrectly going over a unit-is-attacked event.

The benefits to Damage Engine in Lua are, all of the above, but plus having access to Attack Engine which allows data attachment between the unit-is-attacked event and the damaging events, but additionally provides the event "unit's attack is launched". Ultimately, data attachment is the key reason to use either.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
While I'm not doing much in Wc3/WE these days, I'm never gonna lambaste a new Patch coming out. Especially this one that seems to have some under-the-hood changes that are actually quite good:

Yes that's the list of natives added in PTR. BlzGetAbilityId is absolutely massive. We can have an actual "unit acquires buff" event this way.
Holy heck that sounds useful...
unknown.png

GUI finally gets a generic unit takes damage event.
Heccckkk yeah.

Level 2
This patch as no right to make me this excited. Yes, I know that insert W3R criticism or snide comment, but the very fact that we're finally getting something feels great. I always believed there is a lot of potential with Reforged... if they keep pushing patches and updates out, by the end of the year we might have a solid product on our hands.

Level 5
Bug related to unit skin since no later than 1.32:

• BlzSetUnitSkin doesn't change the unit icon properly. Select with other units and you will see.
    • Edit: It seems that there's some kind of cache mechanism in icons of selected units. And it doesn't work well with unit skin system.
  • BlzSetUnitSkin breaks Animprops.
  • It seems understandable that BlzSetUnitSkin doesn't set the unit's name to the skin's name. But why BlzCreateUnitWithSkin uses the unit's name not the skin's name.
  • GetObjectName can't get name of a skin when its metadata is correctly defined in unitskinstrings.txt.

Last edited:

• BlzSetUnitSkin doesn't change the unit icon properly. Select with other units and you will see.
  • It seems understandable that BlzSetUnitSkin doesn't set the unit's name to the skin's name. But why BlzCreateUnitWithSkin uses the unit's name not the skin's name.
  • GetObjectName can't get name of a skin when its metadata is correctly defined in unitskinstrings.txt.

Please make sure you post to the PTR bug forum.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50

• Edit: It seems that there's some kind of cache mechanism in icons of selected units. And it doesn't work well with unit skin system.

I've added it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.