• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Reforged Patch Notes - Version 1.33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
PopcornFX Update
  • The Warcraft III Reforged version of PopcornFX has been upgraded to version 2.5.1.63447.
    • Custom mapmakers with custom FX baked on an older version must rebake their assets to the current version.
    • Added an error message in the editor for users who have outdated custom FX.
^ Check your imports for this, so far i've found the lightning elemental of tarrasque to be malfunctioning:
WC3ScrnShot_082122_114146_000.jpg

the lightning elemental of tarrasque
This is a separate problem. You can see in your screenshot that the model is loaded on Classic Mode Dirt.

The PopcornFX particle effects are a system of that game that is only used by the Reforged graphics mode.

So, the problem you are have has nothing to do with the issue in the patch notes about PopcornFX. Please report this issue that you see with the lightning elemental as a separate issue.

Level 9
Found a strange issue.
When opening your test map from the Single Player tab.
Then re-saving your map in WE and then re-opening, it does not update the map to the changed version.
You need to exit and re-enter the game.

Previously this worked correctly, as long as you did not have the Map folder open in WC3 while saving in WE.

Now the only workable way to rapidly test maps is from the WE functionality.

Level 13
Ingame-Login is partially broken because apparently you can't type the @ character anymore in the login textfield (this character is required for entering any email address, so will affect anyone using the ingame login).

Workaround is to copy/paste the @ character (or to use the launcher) but this should be fixed as it used to work before this patch.
WC3 was built by a team where half the people had highschool degrees and its being destroyed by people with shiny diplomas, and the irony is not lost on me.

Level 2
Not sure what this update did with the popcorn FX, but a lot of default effects are not showing for me and giving me the "may be trying to load an outdated filed, try rebaking assets" error. Even ones that do work look like they're in a different resolution or something because they look awkward in the preview box on the left when highlighting them. Everything was fine before the patch. Anyone else getting this error for a lot of default effects?
  • PopcornFX Update
  • The Warcraft III Reforged version of PopcornFX has been upgraded to version 2.5.1.63447.
    • Custom mapmakers with custom FX baked on an older version must rebake their assets to the current version.

Level 1
Not sure what this update did with the popcorn FX, but a lot of default effects are not showing for me and giving me the "may be trying to load an outdated filed, try rebaking assets" error. Even ones that do work look like they're in a different resolution or something because they look awkward in the preview box on the left when highlighting them. Everything was fine before the patch. Anyone else getting this error for a lot of default effects?
  • PopcornFX Update
Yeah, same here, if someone may have a solution for this it would be awesome. I do not have custom models or whatsoever, just started my map, and it keeps telling me this.

Level 21
Found something here:
Why this appear when I launch the editor?
BogdanW3
35 posts
3d

Netsafe issues are a small mistake Blizzard made with an update to object data: not every SLK got updated to include the “netsafe” field, which is used for war3mapSkin.w3* file generation. The netsafe error is not harmful.
The PopcornFX rebaking error is a larger mistake Blizzard made, where not all pkb files in 1.33 are correctly loadable by the PopcornFX version that comes in the game. They have to fix these files for the errors to go away
Sounds like we can only wait.

Level 21
I still hope it turns out well soon .

And not just in 2-4 months, with an xmas alms patch for the poor wc3 souls (so to speak).

I think that they will release a fix
Do you have a source for this information? My information (just rumors) leads me to believe there is little to no reason why they would do that, and that the 1 guy working on this game doesn't understand these changes and doesn't care about them, but essentially deployed them purely by accident because they were included in an experimental build from the year 2020 made by people who are fired.

If the rumors I heard were correct, then it feels to me more likely that these issues would probably never get fixed.

Level 7
Do you have a source for this information? My information (just rumors) leads me to believe there is little to no reason why they would do that, and that the 1 guy working on this game doesn't understand these changes and doesn't care about them, but essentially deployed them purely by accident because they were included in an experimental build from the year 2020 made by people who are fired.

If the rumors I heard were correct, then it feels to me more likely that these issues would probably never get fixed.

Okay, that was just my naive hope. Mapping is one of my favorite hobbies, which is why I think it's a shame that blizzard is making things worse with chataophal patches.

Level 24

Did you just ask for a source for his thoughts, only to proceed with citing rumors without a source?

Level 6
error2.png

I've modified the map since the patch, saved it and used the optimizer. Then this error occurred. This error does not occur when I try with a map before the patch I have backed up. Does anyone know the cause?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I've modified the map since the patch, saved it and used the optimizer. Then this error occurred. This error does not occur when I try with a map before the patch I have backed up. Does anyone know the cause?
First, try as many optimizing variations as possible to see exactly what causes the error. Try ticking stuff one by one.

Level 6
First, try as many optimizing variations as possible to see exactly what causes the error. Try ticking stuff one by one.

Optimize String Usage option seems to be the problem. Turning it off doesn't cause any problems. My concern is what will happen to my map when I don't use this option?

Does anyone know the cause?
w3o and related formats changed -- this includes object editor data like units, abilities, items, etc. Your third party tool is trying to read data, but the data is in a new format. You will need to modify the code of your third party tool and make a new one.

Did you just ask for a source for his thoughts, only to proceed with citing rumors without a source?
I suppose I did. But my rumors told me about reforged in 2017 and I hear good rumors. I guess I was wondering if
@VulaC was just speculating or if he had heard something. But he said he was just hoping. So, really it seems like he understood and answered my questions.

Level 4
The main question is: What will the next 1.34 patch fix? I think its very likely that next patch will fix 99% of game bugs...

Based on my sixth sense, I think next patch will break the functionality of buttons from main menu (imagine what happens if main menu buttons dont work when you click them) so most of the in-game problems faced by players will be no more. cz if you cant play the game then how will you encounter in-game bugs?

Its very likely that The intern working on Reforged does not have any idea of what to do so he accidentally breaks stuff and harasses female colleges during most of his time in Blizzard office (remember the Alex Afrasiabi harassment fiasco?).

So next patch will fix 99% bugs but it will make the game much more unplayable or completely unplayable. This seems like a very possible scenario. lol

Last edited:
Level 11
i say, you know when things went from bad to worse when even after the game was "cracked" of recently, no one wants to pirate it because Blizzard in their "brilliance" made more versions with avx and non avx calls, on which may explain why this game has some of the bugs they never cared to fix it in first place.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Not sure if this was mentioned (searching didn't give any results about this) but every time you quit a custom game and want to get back to the Maps folder, the load game panel appears which didn't before and it's annoying since quitting a game and pressing Back doesn't mean I want to load a game state. There should be another button near Back if this load game panel should be there when you quit a custom game.

Level 4
Not sure if this was mentioned (searching didn't give any results about this) but every time you quit a custom game and want to get back to the Maps folder, the load game panel appears which didn't before and it's annoying since quitting a game and pressing Back doesn't mean I want to load a game state. There should be another button near Back if this load game panel should be there when you quit a custom game.
Thanks for reporting the bug. We are going to remove save/load feature from the game because its annoying for you. Oh wait... save/load system is important so we will not delete it but we will remove the custom game feature since many of you are finding it annoying.

Hope you enjoy the next 1.34 patch. Dear community please share your feedback with me so I can fix Reforged and please understand that I can't spend all my office time to work on wc3 as there are many hot chicks in the office. This makes it hard for me to concentrate on wc3 bug fixing.

Alex Harassiabi,
- The intern working on Warcraft III Reforged

Last edited:
Level 1
You guys are also having crashes just opening custom maps in the World Editor too right? Like the custom ones you used for years... (since 1.33)

Level 7
You guys are also having crashes just opening custom maps in the World Editor too right? Like the custom ones you used for years... (since 1.33)
Yes :( But I removed some models, which had this popcorn effect, then it worked. But also the whole editor is bugging and crashing if I want to browse special effects in the object editor (like for abilities). Only 20% of the special effects are shown in viewer (the left bottom corner). For the rest I get an error everytime I want to select it.

Level 1
Yes :( But I removed some models, which had this popcorn effect, then it worked. But also the whole editor is bugging and crashing if I want to browse special effects in the object editor (like for abilities). Only 20% of the special effects are shown in viewer (the left bottom corner). For the rest I get an error everytime I want to select it.
"Merely a setback"?

Level 9
Ever since 1.33, changing entries in Gameplay Constants - Damage Bonus Table causes the WE to crash.
Shift-clicking does not produce a crash and it works. But when saving the map and re-opening, the changes done by shift-clicking are not stored.

Is there any known way to adjust damage table constants for a map without resorting post-save modification to the MPQ?

Edit:
Did some more testing, and seeing following:
-If you use shift-click and save, the map saves with the correct settings
-Only if you close and re-open a map in WE, it reverts to the old settings on the 'WE-side' only. And only AFTER then saving the map again, will the 'map in game-side' settings be reverted.
-So the easiest workaround that comes to mind, is that each time opening a new WE session, we have to shift-click change the damage constants. It's not really needed to do MPQ edits each and every time.

Last edited:
Level 11
PTR for patch 1.34 coming soontm (late November).
Once again, no mention of custom campaigns.
qeLowFB.png

Level 11
Well it is clear by now that they are focusing on melee :/
They want to face Age of Empires 2 and 4, and they probably felt HARD the Red Bull Wololo tournament.
They also forget that said games also have mods, on which Microsoft is very Mod Friendly.

Well it is clear by now that they are focusing on melee :/
My hopeful prediction was that they would resume working on Warcraft 3 once Wrath of the Lich King Classic is out, since the Classic team now has more time on their hands. That turned out to be true. Here's hoping that, in the same vein, they will focus on custom games once melee is in an acceptable state.

Status
Not open for further replies.