• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
The problem with the phone scenario is:

Those with a phone probably don't care about us desktop nerds, so they won't jump on the boycott.
Sadly the masses win. I have plenty of friends now on our late 20's where they play games on phones mostly, fortnite and such. It's simple, you can't afford do buy everything, and they prefer to buy a multitasking phone (for the better or worse) rather than a desktop or laptop and a shitty phone.

It sucks, but such is the reality of our time. Hence the lower game quality to be fitted into these mobile devices, while the PC industry hurts. Democracy wins.

Level 34
and they prefer to buy a multitasking phone (for the better or worse) rather than a desktop or laptop and a shitty phone.
What do you prefer?
I think that you are old school like me, you prefer spending time on PC instead of phone mostly.
Hey do you know that this my phone has no installed facebook or any application related to social network? :cgrin:
Yes, that is me! I do not even have constant internet. Just slow one ,,for any case" when need to check something online. I am using wifi mostly if I quickly need soemthing to be checked. So phone is used only for calling, sms and photograph. And writing notes. When outside house, when I wait someone or something, I may play chess.

It sucks, but such is the reality of our time. Hence the lower game quality to be fitted into these mobile devices, while the PC industry hurts.
Exactly, well said. I agree with you.
Man, I know that this is ,,modern and trend" but I cannot understand why people degraded themselves to spend all day on phones since their screen is much smaller than monitor, or TV monitor I am using for computer 32''. When I do something, I want to see bigger picture! No small one. Your eyes constnatly need to focus on smaller things to see them better. Kids are massivelly here watching cartoons on phones! WHAT TH HELL! And they have computer and TV/DVD at home.

Democracy wins.
Not everything what is called or done in name of democracy these days represent democracy at all.
What Blizzard and many corporations did is that they abuse democracy, basically laws and rules are made to suit their needs.
Come on, you know this the best. Your and mine country are considered ,,democratic" now. And we are far from it. Even those hard core democratic countries are not same anymore, yet our own.

We had one joke in my country.
People asked our president:
People: Mister President, can you explain us what is democracy?
President: Sure, gather and come tomorrow in front of presidential building. I will show you.
Tomorrow people gathered in front of presidential building. President came at terrace from above, took his ,,tool" out of pants and started pissing at people rapidly. Then President said: You see. It is my democratic right to piss at you, but you have also democratic right to piss at me as well!

For those who do not get joke, he pisses at people from ABOVE, and they have right to PISS at him as well, but they are located beneath him. Pissing upwards will make you piss yourself and others around you. That means he is safe. Basically joke wants to explain that this system often miscalled ,,democracy" is designed for them to win. Even when they lose democratic elections, everyone of them lost as rich man. They was nothing much before elected, but after lose, they left presidential house as rich people (by abusing their power mostly, earning money though influence and that). Same can be applied to corporations. He has right to earn 2 millions, if EVER he got punished, he pays million at maximum for example, which is lot of money, but still he is millionaire because he has million left. Still at gain. Very basic math. I stole from you 10$, I pay 5$ if I ever get caught, then I have 5$ still left. And i am free to go. Have you see corporation to get close once? No. Why? For simple reason, they tend to hire lot of people thus ,,blackmailing" country and others if they get closed, many people will get fired. Facebook is being punished like hell, but they still earned lot of more than they paid for frauds. because faulty systems did not predict closure of company for multiple offenses, noone goes to jail or such... I pay punishments unlimited times because I can. in Blizzard's case, suspend company for one month and see how will it go (meanwhile they pay all damage during that time). Next time they will think twice.

Level 23
The new camera angles were really well thought out for Reforged. For example when the centaur are about to charge Cairne, showing the Centaur Kahn from a close up view before taking a far view of the valley collapsing makes for a more dramatic feeling. Similarly, having the wolf riders on patrol in the Warsong lumber collection mission suddenly stop moving when they hear the night elves' whispers just enhanced the scene so much. These small changes have improved the campaign experience greatly.

Some of the maps have been changed in small ways that are hardly noticeable, such as having Thrall and his group look over a hill as the Warsong fight the human base below. I am not sure if most people notice these alterations, but these littles differences have convinced me that whoever modified the campaign spent a lot of time thinking about how to enhance the campaign. I am quite grateful for this Reforged campaign experience so far.

Level 16
What do you prefer?
I think that you are old school like me, you prefer spending time on PC instead of phone mostly.
Hey do you know that this my phone has no installed facebook or any application related to social network? :cgrin:
Yes, that is me! I do not even have constant internet. Just slow one ,,for any case" when need to check something online. I am using wifi mostly if I quickly need soemthing to be checked. So phone is used only for calling, sms and photograph. And writing notes. When outside house, when I wait someone or something, I may play chess.

Pretty much the same, oldschool. I don't use any social media besides the calling and texing apps like Whatsapp, Viber. Everything else is useless to me. And yeah, I barely use my phone for anything else other than the aforementioned, and occasionally use it to draw while I'm traveling since I have a drawing pen.

I use my laptop for everything requiring a bigger screen, or more power. Entertainment or work related things.

whoever modified the campaign spent a lot of time thinking about how to enhance the campaign. I am quite grateful for this Reforged campaign experience so far.

I'm glad to hear that, I hope I ever get the motivation to actually purchase that game. Or I might wait for a while, until a pirated copy is out and give the campaign a go. That would be the biggest insult to blizz imo.

Last edited:
Level 20
You know "voting with your wallet" achieves absolutely nothing in this day and age where companies rely for 99% of their revenue on whales.
I'd like to see a source on that 99% :p I agree that a lot of their revenue comes from whales, but traditional customers are still pretty significant, imo.

I still stand by what I've said. If enough (i.e. a lot) people stopped giving Blizzard their money (i.e. voted with their wallets), it would still be a noticeable revenue loss. Not enough to change how the company works (i.e. "win"), but maybe enough to cause Blizzard to do some minor improvements. Which is what I've said before.

I was talking about Reforged only, that we hurt them into Reforged
Hurting them in regards to a small side project like Reforged means very little. It won't change how Blizzard operates and it likely won't have a big impact on the type of post-launch support that the game gets. At least not as big as some would hope.

Why would anyone fight against blizzard who is playing Overwatch or Diablo and has nothing to do with Wc3?
Because a lot of "Blizzard fans" usually play more than one Blizzard game.

because this is first time seen such revolt globally, or correct me if this happened before in other Blizzard's game.
Yes, it did - Diablo 3.

You also forget that this is first step! let them do this to Diablo, Overwatch and other games and see how their further revenue will be
By the time they screw up again, the vast majority of people will forget about Reforged.

I though that we fight legally (no hacking Blizzard, no set them up anything what they did not do, and respecting site rules here as we reportedly have right here to talk about Reforged and blame Blizzard, no need to harshly break rules while this).
Okay, I see what you meant. No disagreement from me on this.

Even point you mentioned that they did automatic refund, you forgot on moment how came to that. If people did not start fight against them, they would never do that as this was not planned, obviously.
They did that, because people started thinking about a lawsuit and yes, also because Blizzard wanted people to stop talking, but... This only shows how irrelevant Reforged is as a project - if Reforged was meant to be a big game, they wouldn't have given these refunds. The fact that they are willing to give everyone their money back shows that financially it's not a big deal for them, ergo - as I've said previously - Reforged is just a small side project.

But fine, I'll give you a point here - automatic refunds are a result of people complaining about Reforged. Sure. Still, regarding Blizzard as a whole, it means little.

Last edited:
Level 8
I do not know, automatic refunds did not make me feel that much better. It was easy way out for them, to give refunds after cash-grab did not work, instead of trying to make reforged good :p
But in the end I am positive, the backlash was great and they can not get away with it now... bad reputations cost a lot of money and it can snowball
For example bethesda and their fallout76... and now they have deal with things like this
just this one thing saw 4 500 000 people already

Level 34
@deepstrasz @MasterBlaster as my moral compass shows to me, and as I am realist, i cannot hide information from you even it is against me. And yes it is against me, my fiance today criticized me as well for wasting too much time and energy on this.
MasterBlaster, she completely agreed with you when I showed her your post, that I am completely like Don Kichot - I have honest and honored intentions, I want to fight to good against greed, but now it is just too much spent energy for little and temporal gain. She told me that I already was valued part of successful campaign against corporation, i did what I could best, badmouthing them everywhere in both internet and reality, convinced people not to buy game and I should stop some time ago as now it is just waste of time on forums while I can do something more productive in life.
But she agreed however at some of my points such as that this system is designed to protect rich and corporations while abusing democracy as shield to cover their greed. She is master economist, class marketing manager. She also works for one corporation so she understands us. She said that Blizzard is just another ordinary corporation with no honor. They tried to fool us, and failed this time. MasterBlaster, she agrees with you that they will cover this failure by money from other projects most likely as they were successfully. But she just added from professional view that we actually managed here to hit Blizzard's reputation which here is worth lot, as their shareholders and customers, companies they cooperate with and many other viable structures expect form company as more good reputation possible because it can affect trust, ratings and business in another ways. And yes, lawsuits are specific and dangerous treat, that is why they had to give up.

I still stand by what I've said. If enough (i.e. a lot) people stopped giving Blizzard their money (i.e. voted with their wallets), it would still be a noticeable revenue loss. Not enough to change how the company works (i.e. "win"), but maybe enough to cause Blizzard to do some minor improvements. Which is what I've said before.
Yes, I never went to argue against that. I just said additional to that, people should not stop making videos, newsreports and all of that each time they try to do this, people should not stop to fight any way they can and could. I never said what you claim to be bad idea.

Yes, but I meant just those which has nothing to do with Wc3 or Reforged.

Yes, it did - Diablo 3.
Sorry, I did not know. I did not follow other games. That is why I asked this. Was it that bad as reforged?

By the time they screw up again, the vast majority of people will forget about Reforged.
Yes, I wrote that in newest thread specially as one of main problems, that people tend to quickly forget things... They want reality show, just fresh news to complain and yell about. Minority of us never forgets such frauds.

The ocean is filled with drips of water, though. A river here, and a river there. Blizzard will eventually run out of water source.
I also think that. Imagine just some of successful lawsuits (if they did not give refund option)! That information will boom worldwide even more than previous rage.

Level 16
@deepstrasz @MasterBlaster

Sorry, I did not know. I did not follow other games. That is why I asked this. Was it that bad as reforged?

Oh my god, man where have you been. That was the biggest shitshow Blizz has ever faced, they were criticized LIVE on Blizzcon. I think that's why most of us feel that if they could surpass that, this fades in comparison.

Here just a few tips where to start:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Level 34
Oh my god, man where have you been. That was the biggest shitshow Blizz has ever faced, they were criticized LIVE on Blizzcon. I think that's why most of us feel that if they could surpass that, this fades in comparison.
I did not follow it. I heard that people were complain but honestly, I did not know that rebellion in large scale even happened.
I do not follow any Blizzard's games. If it is not

Don Quixote - Wikipedia
Why I hate translations.
Oh, I did not know how to spell it correctly so I copied his way haha

Blizzard one more time saying their webui is flawless and it is only people's computers' fault if game runs like shit!

Attachments

• IMG_3253.jpg
    IMG_3253.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 132
Level 7
Blizzard one more time saying their webui is flawless and it is only people's computers' fault if game runs like shit!

They have no shame, what a genetic waste...

Now it's my fault that my computer can't move a game that ran perfect a week ago...

Keep blaming the players, Rome does not pay traitors.

Remember the Recommended Requeriments for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne:

Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Recommended Requirements
  • CPU SPEED: 1 GHz processor.
  • RAM: 1 GB RAM (64-Bit 2 GB RAM)
  • OS: Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest service pack)
  • VIDEO CARD: DirectX video card with 800 x 600 resolution.
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 1.3 GB available hard drive space.

Level 16
Tough luck, eh Socrates?
corrected
Socrates who? :p

Lmaoooo Blizzard just redefined what ''most people'' means.

On a side note, I'm dying reading comments on various videos such as:

Youtube:.
Luka Hays2 days ago (edited)
“The entire Warcraft 3 Reforged team” So basically just one unpaid intern in Malaysia?

Rice MenaRQ2 days ago
"We will do better." *Fucks up FIRST attempt at getting back support

YongYea
2 days ago (edited)
"We'll do better going forward." J Allen Brack, BlizzCon 2019. Welp, that quote aged like milk.

Beefsuprem02 days ago
If the dudes wife caught him cheating he'd say. "I'm sorry your expectations of me being faithful were not met. I'll do better next time"

This guy though:

Cannabian2 days ago
"A victorious army first obtains conditions for victory, then seeks to do battle. A defeated army first seeks to do battle, then obtains conditions for victory." Sun Tzu's Art of War

Level 16
I thought me using a :p implied that I was being sarcastic. I'm from Europe, we pay heed to history a great deal. ^_^ Thanks for the links though, was interesting to give it a refresh.

Ontopic:
Wtii just released a video of him playing 12v12 on market square.. the FPs rarely goes above 30, and it mostly stays on 25 avarage.. With times of even lower than 6 fps.

It's ridiculous. I've had a modded Skyrim with 1000+ mods, and it still ran on better fps.

Level 5
ActiBlizz makes 38% of their revenue through mobile games. With Diablo Immortal that may go up to 40%. That's nearly half, think about that for a second. They didn't give a shit about Reforged. None.

IMO, the only way to hurt blizzard, is to nOt hAvE a PhoNe.

If that's true, add to it the chinese market and hearthstone on mobile, its not that surprising.

Well, it's really not that surprising. It's also not surprising at all that they are shifting their focus on mobile games.
In not so distant future (some say c. 2025) PCs will become basically useless and not that many people will be buying them. Smart phones will surpass them in every way. PCs are slowly but surely becoming a thing of the past.
So basically it's not that surprising that Blizzard is putting WoW in maintenance mode, and possibly planning to make Diablo and OW mobile games. It's far more profitable and safer to have a dozen Hearthstones than a few large, high quality PC games.

We will see until when the mobile market can sustain itself with shitty practices.

The problem with the phone scenario is:

Those with a phone probably don't care about us desktop nerds, so they won't jump on the boycott.

And vice versa.

I am not sure if most people notice these alterations, but these littles differences have convinced me that whoever modified the campaign spent a lot of time thinking about how to enhance the campaign. I am quite grateful for this Reforged campaign experience so far.

You're probably the purest customer for Blizztard, if you were always into the campaign, then that might be worth for you.
I've heard this before on vids, and yea, if you've never played warcraft 3 then reforged is worth it solely for the campaign.
Only its not a new campaign or anything for that, just new models and animations.

Usually. But once you stop with one, you usually stop with another.
So its a double edged sword.

This time there was a spoof website that made people really remember this stinker.
And it will stink back I think, no way you can bury this amount of dogshit.

I do not know, automatic refunds did not make me feel that much better. It was easy way out for them, to give refunds after cash-grab did not work, instead of trying to make reforged good :p
But in the end I am positive, the backlash was great and they can not get away with it now... bad reputations cost a lot of money and it can snowball
For example bethesda and their fallout76... and now they have deal with things like this

Bad reputations do cost a lot of money, if not now then in the future.

well he has a point, most of us use discord on the same fucking electron with no issues, yet somehow their game ..

Don't you guys have phones?

They have no shame, what a genetic waste...

Now it's my fault that my computer can't move a game that ran perfect a week ago...

Keep blaming the players, Rome does not pay traitors.

Bobby Kotick's big fat ass is sitting on enough money
to shame Uncle Scrooge and this is the final product.

We must smear more shit on Blizztardvision's rose colored glasses.

Level 20
This time there was a spoof website that made people really remember this stinker.
People were doing similar stuff for the whole Blitzchung controversy. Heck, there were kickstarters and real life protests. Even US Congressmen commented on it. And... guess what - once Blizzard shown a bunch of flashy trailers at Blizzcon, the vast majority of people forgot :)

Usually. But once you stop with one, you usually stop with another.
Nah, not really - a good example would be WoW players as they're a natural cross-game audience for Reforged. I don't believe a lot of them will quit WoW just because Reforged was bad.

Level 20
Well, it meant giving the prize back and halving the ban.
Yeah, I know - but as far as I remember, this didn't really do much to ease the tensions. If you look back at how this was reported on, many people considered that halving the ban and giving Blitzchung his prize money back was not enough and demanded the ban to be lifted completely, while at the same time calling this statement a bunch of PR excuses and whatnot.

Level 20
And excluding galaxy clusters, most of them are actually moving away from each other!

But seriously - if Reforged was a wild success then maybe there would be some chance for Warcraft 4, but after what happened and with RTS being pretty small at the moment, I'd say the chances of Warcraft 4 becoming a thing in the next couple of years are next to zero.

Reactions: pyf

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Can we talk about the fact that they changed the health bars to match player colours or if you have colour mode 3 you see them changing to the corresponding colours of the player, ally and enemies? Also why is the mana bar thiner? Why change them both at all? If you try to play as some dark colours (purple, brown, maroon, coal) and you are in a dark tile or in blight they'll not only look weird, but also hard to see and confusing. The health and mana bar were perfect before, the green colour was clear, smoothly turning to red to low hp. 1000 IQ move right there blizzard, let's break what's fine, let's add broken features...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Can we talk about the fact that they changed the health bars to match player colours or if you have colour mode 3 you see them changing to the corresponding colours of the player, ally and enemies
I guess they changed them to make it less confusing who's unit bar is who's. If all are green it might be annoying to tell if it's your unit or the enemy's with lower health when the bars overlap.

A classic mode option would be nice.

Level 4
After some time playing "classic" reforged, every single thing is worse, except that option that enables to see units behind buildings/objects, the mana bars showing along with hp and +exp floating text... everything else is worse
List incoming:
Worst performance in general, longer loading times, increased frametimes and like someone mentioned playing with lots of computers/AIs slows down the game to a crawl
Doesn't remember your name offline (before reforged it did)
Doesn't remember your last played map (before reforged it did)
The map browsing is slower, going into my download folder takes like 4x-5x times than before
Adding an "insane" computer to a slot takes 2 steps, before it was one
Inviting someone into a slot ignores which slot you used to invite and just adds the player like they joined normally
WTF are those folders with long names with random letters/numbers, with a single map file inside, inside my download folder?
The game doesn't error if you create a game with a game name that already exists

This last weekend I had the chance to play EotA multiplayer and it's still like 1.29 desync fest

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
I guess they changed them to make it less confusing who's unit bar is who's. If all are green it might be annoying to tell if it's your unit or the enemy's with lower health when the bars overlap.

A classic mode option would be nice.
Yes, Maybe. Even so, one could tell whose bar it is by looking at the offset. But if the game reaches to the point where there's a complete mass of units everywhere battling against each other then probably the players' concern isn't about checking every unit's health, rather microing. With or without player colours it will still be a heck of a time, the biggest problem with it being player coloured is that it simply won't work well with all colours, so it really is pointless.
Another thing I don't understand is why they made this shitty xp gain floating text, really, no one could care less about the xp gain expect map makers that want to make one of their own...

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...]

Remember the Recommended Requeriments for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne:

Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Recommended Requirements
  • CPU SPEED: 1 GHz processor.
  • RAM: 1 GB RAM (64-Bit 2 GB RAM)
  • OS: Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest service pack)
  • VIDEO CARD: DirectX video card with 800 x 600 resolution.
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 1.3 GB available hard drive space.
@Juveqis: remember the *original* requirements for Warcraft III.
:wink:

[...] WTF are those folders with long names with random letters/numbers, with a single map file inside, inside my download folder? [...]
What are these weird folders that keep popping up in "Downloads" - The Hive Workshop
:slp:

Last edited:
Level 5
People were doing similar stuff for the whole Blitzchung controversy. Heck, there were kickstarters and real life protests. Even US Congressmen commented on it. And... guess what - once Blizzard shown a bunch of flashy trailers at Blizzcon, the vast majority of people forgot :)

That might be true, herd mentality and all, but while some forget others... make a list
of your shitty promises and they remember...

Nah, not really - a good example would be WoW players as they're a natural cross-game audience for Reforged. I don't believe a lot of them will quit WoW just because Reforged was bad.

I quit many of them in succession. I had most of Blizz games except for Overwatch.
Once I quit hearthstone, I quit diablo, I quit WoW... now I just quit Blizzard.

What's really going on:

They pushed out Reforged for quick cash, while already working on Warcraft 4.

I wish I was as optimistic (or pessimistic, depends on how you look at it) as you :)

I really wish that was the case.
Maybe in parallel universe, where Blizzard actually gave a shit or two,
they would disappoint their fans this much THEN to say Psyche!
and release the best warcraft / starcraft game of all time.

WE HAPPY FEW

Can we talk about the fact that they changed the health bars to match player colours or if you have colour mode 3 you see them changing to the corresponding colours of the player, ally and enemies? Also why is the mana bar thiner? Why change them both at all? If you try to play as some dark colours (purple, brown, maroon, coal) and you are in a dark tile or in blight they'll not only look weird, but also hard to see and confusing. The health and mana bar were perfect before, the green colour was clear, smoothly turning to red to low hp. 1000 IQ move right there blizzard, let's break what's fine, let's add broken features...

I feel like that was there from the start, when 24 players were shoveled in.
There are just so many variations on a red tinge or kind of gray you could make.

They did break all their good features to bring in half baked ones.
Or 1/4 baked ones. Or charcoal putrid features that are just smoke and mirrors.
Yea that one.

Yes, Maybe. Even so, one could tell whose bar it is by looking at the offset. But if the game reaches to the point where there's a complete mass of units everywhere battling against each other then probably the players' concern isn't about checking every unit's health, rather microing. With or without player colours it will still be a heck of a time, the biggest problem with it being player coloured is that it simply won't work well with all colours, so it really is pointless.
Another thing I don't understand is why they made this shitty xp gain floating text, really, no one could care less about the xp gain expect map makers that want to make one of their own...

I mean, if it was there to begin with, but it was not back in 2002, and it's such an easy thing to put in,
couple of minutes or so that it now feels like lazy hack job.

They focused on making shitty features nobody cares about they forgot to properly make the fucking game.

Last edited:
Level 16
I quit many of them in succession. I had most of Blizz games except for Overwatch.
Once I quit hearthstone, I quit diablo, I quit WoW... now I just quit Blizzard.

Same here. Played WoW, Diablo, Starcraft, Hearthstone, even Heroes of the Storm, and mainly Warcraft III.

I first ditched Diablo III, since it was online only and basically pay to win.
I secondly ditched WoW post WotLK expansion, since it made absolutely no sense they didn't make WoW 2, or something else, cos to me that's when WoW ended.
I thirdly ditched SCII, cos the melee was attack move, campaign was dull after beating brutal and getting achievements (quality campaign, though), and custom scene became a money grab.
4th to go was the shortlived HotS, where I basically played a total of maybe 10 hours before seeing it for what it truly is, a terrible copycat of Dota, with the inability to actually master one hero. Lol.
5th to go, even though painful, was Hearthstone. Since obviously if you missed a month or so without playing, you'd be better off to never have played at all.

And now lastly, our beloved Warcraft III. This one hurt, cos even if the above games subjectively sucked for me, I had a choice. With the butchering of WarIII, I was forced to stop playing.

So yeah, Blizzcunt has been making a series of bad decisions during the past decade, unworthy of their player base.

I'm very happy to have stopped supporting them completely, and without regrets, can say as a former Blizzard fan, that they definitely won't be winning me back.

Level 1
I've updated the Warcraft III to the latest and now all my save progress is lost...

Is this normal?

Also how can I play custom Campaigns?

Level 1
Its funny to read they posting ''aggressive patching'' and ''talk with the community''. Last blue post was over a week ago, and not a single hotfix patch this week for, at least, the massive amount of errors like GAME FOUND - and you just dont get into a game. happening...

Status
Not open for further replies.