• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
GUYS They are on Forbes now!
‘Warcraft 3: Reforged’ Is A Disaster — Here’s Why Fans Are So Upset
,,The Warcraft 3 reddit and Blizzard forums are war-zones at the moment, with gamers up in arms over the state of the game. The memes are out in force."
YEAH this is what I support! Just keep fighting people, do not surrender. Blizzard deserves all of this. And worse!

US Gamer Warcraft 3 Players React to Reforged With Refunds

as a grim reminder to never again be this fucking dumb and preorder anything from Blizzard
I was dumb too honestly regarding it. I preorder myself ignoring some people said to me to wait. And she paid for it!

Level 20
And yet they're still fricking silent... Honestly, their modern PR tactics drive me up the wall sometimes, especially that - well, the last time Classic Team was silent, i.e. pretty much through the entirety of Reforged's development cycle, we got... uhm, this disappointment of a game. And now they're silent again, outside of a couple of unofficial tweets from one dev. This doesn't bode well for the future.

I was dumb too honestly regarding it. I preorder myself ignoring some people said to me to wait. And she paid for it!
Did you get a refund?

Level 3
whats getting in your way of playing classic?

also no discussion of any kind of piracy

everytime i want to play im forced to download 20GB+ of assets for a game I DIDN'T EVEN BUY, how's that reasonable? they got rid of the original bnet and replaced it with bnet 2.0 with all its issues and classic graphics are gimped and look off anyways thanks to blizzard ineptitude, you need to have reforged to even have shadows on them wtf is that? also no ladder? are you serious? and the only reason i talked about piracy is because its the easiest way to play the game i want to play instead of this reforged crap, its not my fault blizzard doesn't give me any other option themselves

Level 34
And yet they're still fricking silent... Honestly, their modern PR tactics drive me up the wall sometimes, especially that - well, the last time Classic Team was silent, i.e. pretty much through the entirety of Reforged's development cycle, we got... uhm, this disappointment of a game. And now they're silent again, outside of a couple of unofficial tweets from one dev. This doesn't bode well for the future.
That is point! That is why people should not stop harassing Blizzard whenever they can and find fit. because Blizzard hope to remain silent until shortly everything outside become silent and we all forget it and move on. That is how companies and some individuals survive these days.

Did you get a refund?
No. I did not ask for one. Perhaps I want to have it for any case. And as reminder, same as you do.
I also want to be active customer so I can actively fight them whenever I can.

Level 6
everytime i want to play im forced to download 20GB+ of assets for a game I DIDN'T EVEN BUY, how's that reasonable? they got rid of the original bnet and replaced it with bnet 2.0 with all its issues and classic graphics are gimped and look off anyways thanks to blizzard ineptitude, you need to have reforged to even have shadows on them wtf is that? also no ladder? are you serious? and the only reason i talked about piracy is because its the easiest way to play the game i want to play instead of this reforged crap, its not my fault blizzard doesn't give me any other option themselves

so the problem is you. nothing physically stopping you, just a refusal of 20GB in a world where the common standard is terabytes 1000s of gigabytes, your machine can run it (if not say so and why, not complain about an update)

bnet 2.0 is better all of blizzard games use it, there arent any issues with it (got some list em, and they better be actual issues)

the shadow thing is kinda bullshit but assume its the updated system, and that for what ever reason classic is unable to handle the new reforged shadows system, (my best explanation im going to hope this changes in the future)

ladder is present, its called verses mode, clans are not currently active they are coming at a later date (i assume all the other ladder bells and whistles as well when clans go live) (the old clan system worked with bnet 1.0 thus being outdated, im guessing the new clan system is getting a complete overhaul for bnet 2.0)

you dont need other options, play reforged (classic), you'll enjoy it

Level 3
so the problem is you. nothing physically stopping you, just a refusal of 20GB in a world where the common standard is terabytes 1000s of gigabytes, your machine can run it (if not say so and why, not complain about an update)

in your world maybe, but it so happends that in my case downloading 20GB+ for absolutely no reason is something i cannot do, besides its 20 GB+ of stuff im not even gonna use and they are just there wasting my HD space, why am i forced to download it then? before this travesty released i was perfectly able to play this game, but now suddently i can't because i have to download a game i didn't even bought first? oh but its ok because 20GB+ of data is nothing for you and some other people so therefore i should be ok with it aswell? your logic is so flawed here

bnet 2.0 is better all of blizzard games use it, there arent any issues with it (got some list em, and they better be actual issues)

its not better in any way, you cannot make more than one account, crossrealm play is REMOVED for no reason so you can only play with people of your own realm, this is something the original bnet didn't do and now thanks to 2.0 there's even less people to fill lobbys with and the game population was already very thin to begin with, the TOS update is disgusting and the only real plus i see about 2.0 is the report system, that's it, and that can be abused to hell and back too

the shadow thing is kinda bullshit but assume its the updated system, and that for what ever reason classic is unable to handle the new reforged shadows system, (my best explanation im going to hope this changes in the future)

it still absolutely baffling that such a thing even happend in the first place, even if shadows were active for classic players, why do the classic models look more crappy than they did 18 years ago? why were none of these problems fixed before release? why didn't they delayed the game if it was gonna be released in such a messy state? they had to know these questions, budged shouldn't have been an issue for them, we are talking about blizzard here, not some random indie studio that has to make do with what little they have

ladder is present, its called verses mode, clans are not currently active they are coming at a later date (i assume all the other ladder bells and whistles as well when clans go live) (the old clan system worked with bnet 1.0 thus being outdated, im guessing the new clan system is getting a complete overhaul for bnet 2.0)

were are you getting this "they are coming at a later date" stuff from? do you work at blizzard or have any inside information about what they are doing? because so far they have been completely silent about this whole fiasgo, you know as much as what they are currently doing as me or anyone else wich is nothing, you are just assuming "oh they'll add those features later, they absolutely have to right?" just as they absolutely had to release this game in a working state and with all the features that they promised right? well they didn't do the latter so why would anyone believe they would add those things in a later patch?

besides its completely fair to judge what we got instead of what we will get 2+ years down the line, i cannot say "oh its a shit product now but it will be good later on so you should buy it" to anyone currently interested in the game, its a flawed logic, and these things aren't in any ways guaranteed, they never were

you dont need other options, play reforged (classic), you'll enjoy it

i need options because blizzard doesn't give them to me, i do not want anything reforged in my computer, i despise what they have done with this remaster and how they directly screwd up classic by developing it, that's why i want options, because i want to play the game the exact same way i used to do before this mess was released, just as i have been doing for the past 18 years mate, i don't want any of this nonsence shoved into my face and according to this shitstorm not many people do either apparently, but you and some very few others are just really complacent, and that's ok im not gonna judge you because you so happend to like reforged, but don't try to tell me how i should be playing this game or how i shouldn't, this is my favorite game ever and seeing how blizzard has handled things makes me genuinely angry

Level 5
Just look at this, those kids has no shadows, but my units have. This looks cringe.

a6cf33e7e8.jpg

And in original version they haу them and shadows were stronger
b6c206a305.jpg

Only what is I like about reforged is removed 60 fps cap.

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-1_6-18-37.png
    upload_2020-2-1_6-18-37.png
    5 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Level 20
You all do remember that War3 NEVER had a real time shadow system and it was all shadow map + blobs? It is not a matter of whether Classic can 'handle it' so much as if shadow blobs are even 'on'.

Level 6
no reason is something i cannot do
would you like to explain why you cannot do? or is this a personal choice?

you cannot make more than one account, crossrealm play is REMOVED for no reason so you can only play with people of your own realm
why would you want more than 1 account? theres not a single reason with good intentions why you would want a 2nd
you can change realms at any time you wish, drop down menu over the play button, you also have no idea if its hard to fill a lobby or not since you havent downloaded the 20gb, its not hard i never have any issues with it playing on americas or EU

t still absolutely baffling that such a thing even happend in the first place
i take back what i said with help from @DrTema pics, classic shadow, was just a blob under a characters feet, shadows even on the lowest setting in reforged have an actual outline of the character model although very blurry at the lowest setting, at the highest setting they are super crisp and well defined to the unit model, no circle blob shadows in reforged

were are you getting this "they are coming at a later date" stuff from?
the clan information is litterally in your friends area, "clans are disabled and will return in a future update" but again you wouldnt bother to know cause you dont want to DL 20gb for whatever reason

i need options because blizzard doesn't give them to me
you DO NOT need, you want other options

you dont have a single actual reason to not download it, so go get the update, play, and enjoy like every one else

And in original version they haу them and shadows were stronger
make sure your shadows are up to maximum mine are much much more defined than that

Level 3
i take back what i said with help from @DrTema pics, classic shadow, was just a blob under a characters feet, shadows even on the lowest setting in reforged have an actual outline of the character model although very blurry at the lowest setting, at the highest setting they are super crisp and well defined to the unit model, no circle blob shadows in reforged

buddy, if you have classic and try to active shadows you can't do it, the option is disabled, you have to buy reforge to enable them on classic models

would you like to explain why you cannot do? or is this a personal choice?

why would you want more than 1 account? theres not a single reason with good intentions why you would want a 2nd
you can change realms at any time you wish, drop down menu over the play button, you also have no idea if its hard to fill a lobby or not since you havent downloaded the 20gb, its not hard i never have any issues with it playing on americas or EU

this shows how little you know about this game, there's plenty of times were having more than 1 account is benefitial, after playing so many years with the old bnet you would know that, im not gonna bend the knee and download a bunch of unnecesary useless files for a game i don't want to have anything to do with either it just because i should according to you, in fact your logic is quite childish, so im not even gonna argue the rest of your points, from what i can gather you are just fixating on defending blizzard even tho they have done little to earn that, imagine just wildly defending a company product no matter its quality, i don't understand why you do this nor am i gonna try to, im off to play WC3 classic with my old CD installation instead of accepting blizzard shitfest they are trying to shove into my face

i genuinely hope it gets worse for blizzard from now on until they eventually stop existing, they deserve no less for threating their IPs like utter shit

Level 6
you have to buy reforge to enable them on classic models
yes and there not circular blobs like how classic was shown by drtema 2nd pic, and mentioned by razorclaw shortly after, a blob under a unit is not a shadow its just a circular blob

as for the rest of your comment you arent giving any actual reasons or explanation (this whole this is starting to look like another troll who does not care or want help and just wants to flame the situation), you have no need for a 2nd account

im off to play WC3 classic with my old CD installation instead of accepting blizzard shitfest they are trying to shove into my face
and plainly with your attitude, good riddance

Clearly under delusion if one think 20GB "unused addition" is no big deal "because it's age of TB". As a gamedev, it's ridiculous to enforce something to someone's throat and having zero means of reverting. Should've been careful when they really want to 'merge everything into one'.

I know the purpose of those 20GB is for synchronization of both HD and SD client, but the way they handle SD is garbage and now we have to suffer from it. Good heavens. A better solution is to have DLCs instead of this non-sense of a refunded. As much as one would hate DLC, it at least deal minimal damage in comparison to a full blown failing game.

Oh, and speaking space, not all parts of the world has that luxury for memory space. Some places would be lucky if one got their hands on 1 TB disk.

And guys, a new rant place would be at Hive Discord, a #rant channel is there.

Level 6
And guys, a new rant place would be at Hive Discord, a #rant channel is there.
i saw that, and thankyou for letting us know i dont mean to rant here i just saw some one having difficulty and tried to help, they didnt really want any help

i am attempting to unwatch this thread, it doesnt seem to be taking, sad panda

Level 8
Just look at this, those kids has no shadows, but my units have. This looks cringe.
Omg, omg, go kill those kids there are obviously vampires if they have no shadows!!!!
Panda if you want help take a hammer and bash skull of that kid.

But seriously speaking they probably just forgout about them in their rushed project since they are not main units...

Last edited:
Level 13
How can this be classic without custom campaigns, 3d main menu, 3d campaign screens, good Arthas v Illidan fight, original and iconic The Culling campaign level and many other features we lost? Its just Reforged's classic option. Not the game we loved.
Edit: omg RoC is also gone
No, the Culling is still there. Just turn off Reforged Campaigns, and enjoy the iconic Culling, as it pretty much was 17 years ago. Also RoC balance is not gone as well, it's still present in the SD Campaigns, and from what I've seen on youtube even the Reforged ones (priests having piercing attack, and footmen medium armor). I'm just speculating here, but it's totally possible that old Arths vs Illidan is in the SD Campaigns. The main menu is clearly based on RoC's and The Legacy of the Damn Campaign screen is based on TFT's main menu.
Classic model effects and shadows are all fucked + alot of other issues are in here is the list for you since I doubt you have played this game for years if you cant see the differences: List of Issues in Reforged SD graphics option
Yes I've noticed them and talked about them in my previous post in this thread. In short, I'm not bothered by them that much, and frenkly they aren't that noticable. All in all not that big of a downgrade. (WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES #263) The biggest problem are the new death sounds, but I don't mind them that much, cause they're just hilarious!

Reactions: pyf
Level 17
thanks for proving his point on how blizzard needs guillible and complacent people like you to sell their subpar products to, "oh its not TOTALLY shit so i still have a reason to buy it" is the most pathetic argument i have ever read for buying anything, you are just one of those people that barely values their money and don't care about the end product quality at all, i wish you were in the minority but if that was the case blizzard wouldn't even be as succefull of a company as it is today, i can only hope that this all eventually turns around and bite them in the ass and that your kind eventually gets some taste so we can start getting some good games again
I have to comment on this one because its driving me crazy. You are just hurtful and should be ashamed.

I bought reforged and i had fun with it in the editor. There are many games that i spent 30€ on which were worse. I decide for myself if it's worth the money or not, and for me, it is, because as i already said, i have fun with it messing around in the editor with the new assets. And that's all that counts. Having fun. Same goes for Chaosy probably.

Maybe you're not a modder and the rts experience is absolute shit (i can't tell because i didn't really play), so that gives you the right to complain and the right to evaluate the game to be not worthy of 30€ for your own purposes, but it doesn't give you the right to evaluate it for other people.
I do value my money, and your comment is just, uhm, pathetic.

Level 6
balance wasnt even brought up in your first sentence, yes balance is set to TFT the latest version of the game, since every one owns RoC and TFT, classic and reforged alike

and again no troll

I don't think you understand the meaning of "EXPANSION SET". Warcraft III has been ALWAYS two different games: Reign Of Chaos and The Frozen Throne. Different campaigns, different online matchmaking, different balance, different models and different players base. I've been myself, running a RoC website since 2011 until they killed it in that infamous patch before Reforged.

Don't talk more bullshit; you are missinforming readers with your ignorance.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
i would do that but i can't even play classic anymore so im always reminded of reforged shitty existance everytime i try to play because i have to go out of my way and use a torrented copy from the internet and a third party software to even play the game i have been playing for the last 18 years again wich has been taken away by blizzard for absolutely no reason
That's where CDs do wonders. Don't buy digital copies as it's like with banks changing contracts suddenly without anything you can do. Of course, games like those sold by GoG are different in that you're not forced to update and can always install the first version of the game unlike with Wacraft III (unless you have the CDs).

also no discussion of any kind of piracy
Censorship much? It in this discussion it's totally not out of context.

And now they're silent again, outside of a couple of unofficial tweets from one dev. This doesn't bode well for the future.
They're waiting for waters to cool and some oblivion to set in.

All in all not that big of a downgrade.
We don't want any downgrade, especially behind a paywall.

bought reforged and i had fun with it in the editor. There are many games that i spent 30€ on which were worse. I decide for myself if is worth the money or not, and for me, it is, because as i already said, i have fun with it messing around in the editor with the new assets. And that's all that counts. Having fun. Same goes for Chaosy probably.
100% subjective.

Last edited:
I'm not doubting but I think there's little to no chance that crackers can crack this game, I mean even SC Remastered and Diablo 3 were never cracked, and the fact that keeping your game connected online is part of the Reforged now makes it work like the rest of the Blizzard games (well you can still play offline with a click of a button but the game will still be forcing you to use internet from time to time now to check if you're actually playing a legitimate game), not to mention Blizzard's DRM is actually one of the best DRM out there (it beats the popular Denuvo), which is why Blizzard is confident with their game releases with little to no worries about their games getting cracked.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Diablo 3 was never cracked
That's because the servers for the gameplay are on ActiBlizz's computers and hackers would have to recreate such servers as they did with WoW.
but the game will still be forced to use internet from time to time now to check if you're actually playing a legitimate game)
As if I don't have my CD-Keys registered already.
which is why Blizzard is confident with their game releases with no worries about their games getting cracked.
Then they should be confident about LAN and offline custom games and campaigns.

Last edited:
Level 35
Okay, least just make something VERY clear here:

Those of you defending the change to EULA, launchers whatever - you are clearly failing the read my point from the previous post, they haven't just "changed it to look like Sc2" "Updated it with a slightly different wording" - No, if I want to play my old Wc3 game, play anything other than launching it from the map editor I will have to accept a changed EULA that states that I no longer own my game, that it is a subscription, I will have to accept that every model, every resource I ever made and used in Wc3 is Blizzards IP. The previous agreement was to accept that Blizzard could use our maps (with assets created from that editor) in Wc3 without our permission (made a lot of sense for say melee maps, or if Blizzard wanted to integrate it into something, like updating a popular map for Reforged) - The new one gives them all rights. It is not just my "online experience", it is not just installing extra data (Bethesda been having similar fun with the stupid creation club), no this is Blizzard trying to make damn certain that they are the ones in complete control, when Wc3 modding flourished thanks to said lack of control.

Let us just quote the old one:
The Program also contains a 'World Editor' (the "Editor") that allows you to create custom levels or other materials for your personal use in connection with the Program ("New Materials"). All use of the Editor or any New Materials is subject to this License Agreement.
Due note that it is only contend created with that editor or content made from content included in the game, like skin edits, model edits whatnot. Oh, and of course what we made was only for personal use - damn Hive, you been breaking the Eula for years.
Personal use only means that the copyright holder is giving free and unlicensed use of their work, but only for non-commercial and non-profit uses. You can make your own copies, but you cannot distribute them.

And now the new one:
Custom Games are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Blizzard, without limiting the foregoing, you hereby assign to Blizzard all of your rights, title, and interest in and to all Custom Games, including but not limited to any copyrights in the content of any Custom Games.

Not the same - not even close.

Another good one from the old license in regards to the problems we are seeing currently with the launch:
Blizzard warrants up to and including ninety (90) days from the date of your purchase of the Program that the media containing the Program shall be free from defects in material and workmanship. In the event that the media prove to be defective during that time period, and upon presentation to Blizzard of proof of purchase of the defective Program, Blizzard will at its option 1) correct any defect, 2) provide you with a product of equal or lesser value, or 3) refund your money.

And let us always remember how Blizzard took absolutely no responsibility for the Editor, could not help with it and so on - but now they want in on that sweet action:
Editor.jpg

Damn, I miss the old Blizzard made up by hardcore gamers and nerds - sadly most if not all have left the Activision Blizzard, and what we have left is the shell of what it was. Blizzard still has some damn talented, kind and hardworking people, but the leadership is not what it used to be - and it shows. It must be awful for the actual developers to see work they are passionate about get this kind of treatment.

Will I still play Blizzard games? Yea. But am I able to properly update old maps and make new ones? No.

That is my choice, just as Blizzard are perfectly allowed to make the choice they made (as they did ask before making the change, with my acceptance being a demand in order to play). That might not be fair, and in EU not entirely legal to deny me access to property I have bought, but they can rightly deny me access to new updates, online features and so on (It is nothing new in the software world, steam changed to subscription model, apple is doing it and so on - we kinda should have a law in place to protect consumers, but as with all things tech, things are moving fast - a law to protect us is the reason it is now subscriptions as otherwise we did actually have property rights). The Grey area is that it is kinda forced upon me, but then again, I would then legally be able to download an old version (read pirated) version of it and use it, as I do have a license to use one copy for personal use.

Ps. Just in case someone considers this: I am aware that in a strict legal sense, I can accept the Eula as going by Danish law it would not be binding to me, however that would also apply to Blizzard as they would have every legal right to then not offer the product to me nor offer any refunds as I would have accepted something I couldn't. However the reverse is also true, as Blizzard can do whatever they want and it is highly unlikely that I would notice or be notified of usage that came from their actions. That the whole thing about the Eula even the old one, speaks to the need for a reform on the electronic product marked is another thing. Just the fact that Blizzard can state that they take absolutely not responsibility for anything related to the program, but you as the customer are liable for any damage that Blizzard finds you caused them. If a chair breaks down due to faults and someone suffers from it, then they have a good chance of getting reimbursed, but in the software world, more so with a lot of games that would be a lot tougher.

Last edited:
Level 13
We don't want any downgrade, especially behind a paywall.
To clarify, what I meant to say in a replay to @YourArthas. What I meant is, that yes, visuals are downgraded. But the game itself actually, in my experience, has less bugs than it had in the last few patches. They returned all the stats to what they were in version 1.27, and the game seems, to me at least, to be better balanced. Now that was paid with a visual downgrade when the effects are concerned. If I was asked to choose between the buggy version 1.30 for example, but with perfect visuals, or the state that it is now, better balanced with a visual downgrade here and there, I'd choose the second option. (Though I personally think that Whisps actually look better now, they look kinda more spiritual)
I would acctually be thrilled, if they returned the visuals to the way that they were, but if they don't it's not a deal braker for me. To me at least, it's not that big of a difference. Will they return the visuals in SD to what they were? We have no clue. It's definitely not out of the question. We'll have to see.
Imo the more pressing matter is fixing the laggs in Main Menu. If they would fix the visuals it would be incredible.
I kinda don't care what they do with the HD. I simply see no reason to buy Reforged.

edit: To all people who talk how Blizzard is doing bad and how the game was received bad. Blizzard was ready for this all along. They've been expecting this outcome for months now. They probably choose the less of two evils, if they've just cancelled the game, the situation would've been even worse, I presume. They already have their way out of this mess ready for months now.
I've heard that business is basically like playing a Game of Thrones, you win or you die, there is no middle ground. And Blizzard wouldn't be a multi-billion $ company if they didn't know how to win.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
If I was asked to choose between the buggy version 1.30 for example, but with perfect visuals, or the state that it is now, better balanced with a visual downgrade here and there, I'd choose the second option. (Though I personally think that Whisps actually look better now, they look kinda more spiritual)
Choosing is one thing, paying another. They had no excuse to break the game at all, either in Reforged or pre-Reforged patches.

Level 19
To clarify, what I meant to say in a replay to But the game itself actually, in my experience, has less bugs than it had in the last few patches.
so lemme get it straight, adding bugs and fixing them afterwards counts as an improvement, got it

To all people who talk how Blizzard is doing bad and how the game was received bad. Blizzard was ready for this all along. They've been expecting this outcome for months now. They probably choose the less of two evils, if they've just cancelled the game, the situation would've been even worse, I presume. They already have their way out of this mess ready for months now.
how can you assume that?
how do you compare delaying the game, prolonging beta-stage further, and complete cancel of the project? nobody ever spoke about cancelling.
All what was needed is beta-test client for those who wants it right now AND classic for stable plays RIGHT NOW. And we have nothing to play with RIGHT NOW. thats the issue.
And oh my god, are there people who do some job, who think they're doing it badly? Or doing it wrong way? I freakin doubt it. Blizzard thought it would go straight. But it went straight to hell instantly. Even if they were aware of the possible issues, that wall of negative is definitely wasnt expected. It took them 3 days to get janitor to clean up their very own forums from hate speeches.

Last edited:
Level 16
They've been delaying Cyberpunk 2077 (newest rel. date is for September 2020) for quite sometime now, because Cd Projekt Red know that a finished, polished and min maxed product is better than say, a totally not even alpha'ed out product like Reforged is. Seriously, modders do a better job at making mods of various kinds, and most of them do it for free. Total fucking garbage.

I.e. If Blizzard delayed the release with clarification that it's far from complete, and they need more time, I wouldn't be mad at all. I've been waiting for this for 15+ years, I'd wait a bit more. All I wanted was, a complete experience, a total conversion to modern standards, without touching the original gameplay. How did they fuck that up? The game was 60%+ finished. It's not even a new game for god's sake.

Tl;dr Blizzcunt should learn from CD Projekt Red how to release quality games.

Level 13
how can you assume that?
how do you compare delaying the game, prolonging beta-stage further, and complete cancel of the project? nobody ever spoke about cancelling.
What we got is obviousely a rushed release. But Blizzard knows the longer they delay the game, the worse it gets. Cancelling the game, "reforge" of one of their most recognizable games of all time, would be another Hong Kong, Diablo Immortal PR disaster, and it's the last thing they need right now. Every company can recover from a terrible release, but a PR disaster is a thing much harder to recover from.
We basically all new what was comming, when they kept silent about the game for a whole year. And obviousely so did they. They also saw how people reacted to the game on their forums, after Blizzcon 2019.
And the thing that they keep being silent for days now, not a single word, even though pretty much every gaming media and youtuber trashed the game, makes you think that they actually knew what was coming, and have been preparing accordingly.

@knight26 this is none of my business, but it just makes me wonder. You've been trashing the game for days now. Why do you still keep a Reforged avatar?

Level 16
@knight26 this is none of my business, but it just makes me wonder. You've been trashing the game for days now. Why do you still keep a Reforged avatar?

Because I love the idea of it. Of what it could've and should've been by this point. Why do you think I'm mad? Had I not cared, I wouldn't be mad four days straight.

Now I won't be satisfied with Refunded anymore, if Blizzard wants to make up for this sin, they better give us Warcraft IV in the future. But we all know that won't happen. And so die the veterans of Warcraft 3, as we leave the game to new age players who somehow like Reforged, despite it being a trainwreck.

Level 34
This is not piracy this is desperate measure, because people are forced to download 20+GB of something they do no need and did not play to. So, while I would not support talk about piratebay, carcking and such, I believe this time that people are left no choice.
Someone wants to play Wc3 which was 1-2GBs, start immediatelly, quickly, no issues at all. Not to download 30GBs to get buggy main menu, being connected all time on internet unless ,,play offline". People did not want this, I mean on those whose played classic.
Blizzard forced them which had no right to do so.

That is my choice, just as Blizzard are perfectly allowed to make the choice they made
Exactly. As we have right to make choice to blast them for that. How long we wish, and how we wish. Just like people are doing this all time.

We basically all new what was comming, when they kept silent about the game for a whole year.
We knew, and maybe they knew too. But believe me, Blizzard was not prepared for THAT MUCH FAILURE. They expected heavy outrage and some videos here and there. But obviosly they did not expect mass worldwide rebellion, rage, downrating at 0.6! And mass refunds.

Level 6
I've been myself, running a RoC website since 2011 until they killed it in that infamous patch before Reforged.
shame to hear you lost time an dedication like that, my anxiety boils thinking of losing something long worked on
i know it was a separate game and an expansion set, but thats how blizzard did things back then, but even now with thier modern games, just seems blizzard intended them to be one all along?

Censorship much? It in this discussion it's totally not out of context.
site rule i wouldnt go against it

downgrade
100% subjective

shame to hear you lost time an dedication like that, my anxiety boils thinking of losing something long worked on
i know it was a separate game and an expansion set, but thats how blizzard did things back then, but even now with thier modern games, just seems blizzard intended them to be one all along?

site rule i wouldnt go against it

100% subjective

How much are you paid to write those comments by your Daddy Blizz?

Level 6
The Activision Blizzard share value rose quite a bit when Reforged was released.
By now, it is lower than it was prior to that release.
I've had an eye on that development.

I've too but there's a key factor here: YouTubers and official reviews did not publish anything till maybe Thursday. Only the real w3 community was raging at the very release.

So if the disaster is gonna affect Blizzard's shares, the dump should start on Monday.

Reactions: pyf
‘Warcraft 3: Reforged’ Is A Disaster — Here’s Why Fans Are So Upset
,,The Warcraft 3 reddit and Blizzard forums are war-zones at the moment, with gamers up in arms over the state of the game. The memes are out in force."
YEAH this is what I support! Just keep fighting people, do not surrender. Blizzard deserves all of this. And worse!

US Gamer Warcraft 3 Players React to Reforged With Refunds
Good! They deserve all of that. They never listened to the community and the modders. I just hope they'll learn from that now and correct this monstrosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.