• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I have been having issues with 1.28, so I'm just using 1.27b until I can get the game to update properly.

I have been out of wc3 for a few years now, but most recently, my kiddos (my son and my daughter) have really Picked up playing wc3, causing me to re-look at my old map projects, and they want me to finish the ones i never finished.

As I check out some new and interesting maps, you might see my unofficial map reviewing take place once more....

Level 8
New patcher goes to 64% then starts the game - OLD version. Then I did clean install roc+tft, again SAME thing. Just jumps straight to 64% and starts the game. I run as admin. Something broken is cached by new patcher, how do I purge it? I cleaned all appdata from any blizzard mention. This is insanity.

Last edited:
Level 4
BlackRangerXIII said:
I wonder why the 1.28 offline patch wasn't released?
bump!
Where to download the official offline patch for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne version 1.28 in german and english?

Currently official offline patch 1.27b can be found here:
Patching Classic Games
Why isn't it updated to 1.28?!
Also download rate seems quite disturbing: 30 minutes for 80 MB although my max bandwith is 120 Mbit/s = 15 MByte/s!

Edit:
It seems that Blizzard tries to push out a hotfix for 1.28a "very soon" since it has some major bugs. I could imagine that's why they do not offer an official offline patch for 1.28a. However, if Blizzard just had clarified that with a few words, people would not need to spend time in searching and not finding an offline patch for 1.28a!
Source for statement of "very soon hotfix" (post #179):
[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.28 Bugs & Issues
Notice that user "brad_c6" has a blue colored name and indeed is a Blizzard staff, proof (post #189, #198):

Last edited:
Level 19
Because of the new patching system, offline patches are no longer a thing (if you updated to 1.28 you should know this, since a blizzard app window opens). This also means that anybody that does not have the original game will likely need to make a more complex system (like the steam.api system) to get the new version.

Level 7
bump!
Where to download the official offline patch for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne version 1.28 in german and english?

Currently official offline patch 1.27b can be found here:
Patching Classic Games
Why isn't it updated to 1.28?!
Also download rate seems quite disturbing: 30 minutes for 80 MB although my max bandwith is 120 Mbit/s = 15 MByte/s!

Edit:
It seems that Blizzard tries to push out a hotfix for 1.28a "very soon" since it has some major bugs. I could imagine that's why they do not offer an official offline patch for 1.28a. However, if Blizzard just had clarified that with a few words, people would not need to spend time in searching and not finding an offline patch for 1.28a!
Source for statement of "very soon hotfix" (post #179):
Notice that user "brad_c6" has a blue colored name and indeed is a Blizzard staff, proof (post #189, #198):

He didn't in his first posts.

Also, I think the problem with the update is that Blizzard is trying to protect the original copies. I really don't know where they're trying to head towards, it looks like to me that Blizzard is using this technic to control that only the people with original copies can update it.

Level 12
Because of the new patching system, offline patches are no longer a thing (if you updated to 1.28 you should know this, since a blizzard app window opens). This also means that anybody that does not have the original game will likely need to make a more complex system (like the steam.api system) to get the new version.

Can someone tell me if paillian's quote is true?

Level 1
Please people someone has to help me
I have spent last 4 days trying to figure out what to do

The problem is simply that I cant connect to Battle.net, says that there is something wrong with the server after like 15 sec of waiting

So what I do first is:
Download official Warcraf 3 roc and then tft (via the official site)
Go to (Patching Classic Games) and download some kind of a patch (after I downloaded both games)
Then it updates to 1.27b
But then I cant play, because of this Battle.net problem

In addition, the only server that I can choose (for battle.net) is called
alkar teleport warcraft 3 server and I do not have any other normal servers like (US west or east / Europe, Asia)

I urge someone to help me please!

I recently solved the problem on my mac, after like 10h of research, but its air & too weak to play on, so I am tyring to install it on my windows 7

On Mac Air, once everything was fine and I successfully updated the game & solved the CD problem, the version it shows is: 1.28.0.7205 , while for the Warcrfat 3 on windows (even after I download the patch) the version is 1.27.1.7085

PLZ someone HELP!

Level 21
@Chelister
If you are downloading wc3 from battle.net it should be 1.27b already 0o!
Also make sure to properly uninstall wc3 before actually installing.
That would include purging the regedit (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III) entries, if somehow they did not get deleted. This will reset battle.net gateways also.

Reactions: pyf
Level 3
Anyone down to try playing the Standard Two vs Two Battle.net Tournament this Friday? They just released a new patch so no cheaters will be playing either. I miss the good old days of playing arranged team 2v2 and 3v3 on those big maps. More units more micro more skill.

Level 4
post #1:
"Patch notes:
Bug Fixes
Fixed command cards to be hidden again with special coordinates (0, -11) and (-2147483648, -2147483648) within CommandFunc.txt; invalid coordinates will now be ignored"

from post #7, #14, #15, #16, #18, #20, #24, #34, #46, #145:
Yeah it worked, but it also had the potential to crash the game. Ergo get rid of the thing that crashes game.

It would be pointless to have a hotfix patch just to whitelist some values. Given how shitty the WC3's patch system works, it would be stupid and pointless.

so, i'm asking this, because i need a way to hide the build button similiar to the thread "Repair Structures without Building/Repair?" where "Pharaoh_" says that it is not possible directly:
Repair Structures without Building/Repair?
indeed there is a way to hide icons when using (0,-11), but does the named fix got rid of the crashes on Mac? refering to the thread "Hiding any button!!! New method, please help me test it!!!" there were/are(?) serious problems with this technique:
Hiding any button!!! New method, please help me test it!!!
if someone can confirm that crashes on Mac through the usage of (0,-11) on buttons got fixed, i will use it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
indeed there is a way to hide icons when using (0,-11), but does the named fix got rid of the crashes on Mac? refering to the thread "Hiding any button!!! New method, please help me test it!!!" there were/are(?) serious problems with this technique:
Yes they get rid of the crashes as it now uses magic numbers instead of relying on memory structure to work. Instead of it just happening to work, the game is probably testing if it is such a value and if so hiding it in a safe, no crash way.

Level 4
Yes they get rid of the crashes as it now uses magic numbers instead of relying on memory structure to work. Instead of it just happening to work, the game is probably testing if it is such a value and if so hiding it in a safe, no crash way.
Perfect! Thanks for the insightful answer!

Wait, so hold on, what was once an exploit is now a legitimate part of the code? We can assign any ability to (0, -11) & it will be hidden from player view & interaction, no Spellbook needed??
Well, the button hiding functionality behind the exploit stayed, but the crash which happened on Macs seems to have been fixed finally! You can hide buttons easily with that trick, but keep in mind, this isn't working dynamically via triggers, you have to set it in the Object Editor constantly. Also Hotkeys won't work. If you used a spellbook only for hiding abilities, yes, I guess it can be replaced by just setting the desired ability's button position to (0, -11).

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Wait, so hold on, what was once an exploit is now a legitimate part of the code? We can assign any ability to (0, -11) & it will be hidden from player view & interaction, no Spellbook needed??
Yes. After they removed it people complained it broke so many maps that they added it back as a legitimate, but poorly documented, feature.

Level 2
This update gave me as a map developer cancer. NewGen doesn't work for me anymore ("can't locate warcraft 3") and I can't even import stuff to the map ("Import failed: cannot copy file to C:\Users\Dario\Documents\Warcraft 3"). All in all pure bullshit. Anyone that knows how to fix these things?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
What does that mean again?
If you are referring to...
Preloader
works now too.
Then it means that codeless save/load systems should be working again. These systems at least include ones which write out a save code to a file rather than the player having to write it down from their screen. It may include ones which can automatically load codes from a file.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
What's up with the data migration?
Required to fix non compliant application behaviour for earlier versions of WC3. Program Files must be read only for security reasons. WC3 was writing to Program Files which is non compliant application behaviour. This has been fixed by migrating the files to user folders.
Is it possible to just move the new warcraft3 files back to the old folder where the files were before the 1.28 patch?
No it is not possible. The game no longer expects them there.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Is it possible to just move the new warcraft3 files back to the old folder where the files were before the 1.28 patch?
For maps, you can move maps from documents to WC3 program files folder and do mklink /D "<documents maps dir>" "<program files maps dir>" in cmd.

Status
Not open for further replies.