• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Demo Multiplayer Restoration

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: GrapesOfWath
A few years back, the Warcraft III Demo was taken off battle.net.

It is understandable to not spend resources maintaining a very old and obscure version of a game when newer versions exist.
However I did enjoy playing the demo online even after getting the retail version. Its unique gameplay quirks make it a noteworthy part of the game's history, and so I felt it would be worth preserving.

So here’s a faithful re-creation of Warcraft III Demo's multiplayer mode.

Some extra features that weren't in the original War3 demo:

• 2v2 is possible.
  • Computers can play.
  • Can play in Classic or Reforged graphics.
  • You can change your name in-game with the -name [new name] command. In the War3 Demo, you could enter any name when entering battle.net, nothing was tied to an account.

Some differences from current War3:

• Demo-exclusive map: (4)Deadlock.
  • 1.01 balancing.
  • Orc and Far Seer Only.
  • Chain Lightning can target Mechanical units.
  • Creeps above level 6 are more powerful.
  • Items are not classified by type, just level.
  • You can't sell items.
  • Tomes need to be used from the inventory.
  • Missing items: Auras except Endurance & Command, Summons except Stone Token, Scrolls of Resurrection and Animate Dead.

Patch History
Previews
Contents

Deadlock (War3 Demo) (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
So while some might like the idea, it's just a melee edit. Substandard. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission Rules M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N BB CODES BB...
Level 21
You could just make the balance to match version 1.00 instead of 1.01.
Very little changes like increased hit points on siege units (mortar teams 380 hp, catapults 500, meat wagons 450 (ballistae 450 as well? not sure)) etc...
Mana Burn doing 100, 200, 300 mana drain but with longer cooldown etc...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
So while some might like the idea, it's just a melee edit.

Substandard.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Wazzz
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/