• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
This question has probably been asked to death but I can for the life of me not find a proper answer, or anyone who can confirm it. Will I get access to TFT and ROC if I buy the Reforged pre-purchase? I only find threads where people have bought it and then they didn't find TFT or ROC anywhere.

"Lee
39 posts
Dec '18
Hey i have pre-order and i dont have w3 classic why?

You have to download the Warcraft 3 installer by clicking on the link in this forum post:

We’re excited to release our first patch since announcement of Reforged! There are many great improvements, balance updates, and you can officially install classic Warcraft III if you own Reforged. The known issues will be patched very soon™. Installers can be found here:

Then in the installer you’ll have to verify your pre-purchase by logging into bnet on it."

This piece of information is taken from this thread :
Pre-purchase Access to Classic

So, basically, you are able to get access to classic RoC and TFT if you ONLY pre-purchase Reforged. It's just the process of getting them a little bit complicated.

Level 14
"Existing custom maps will be playable in Reforged, and players will be able to use the new matchmaker to find partners or opponents for traditional melee and custom games."

Alright I'm happy as hell to read this, but I do have one question about it though.
Will older maps automatically use the upgraded textures in the Reforged version?

Level 12
There is not a single game that has a malleable, flexible and powerful world editor as wc3 does. The graphical improvement will make wc3 renaissance happen.

Some people have hoped (including me) that wc4 will be made. Now its perfectly clear that there won't be a wc4, and I am cool with that because wc3 reforged is the substitute.

Last edited:
Level 18
Maybe in terms of community, fans (new people coming in). In other terms, mostly, it'll just be the same game with a fancier coat on.

Those are most of the games though, most of what is considered "new" and "cool" are just basically graphical improvements, not gameplay improvements.

Also we are getting some pretty important changes, including the ability to remove black bars, since game will be rendering on the whole screen when UI is gone now.

Level 18
Oh that... I though you meant UI customization.
Don't really understand what you mean, you can already remove the UI? they just need us to allow us to be able to remove parts of the UI, which is fairly simple seeing as how the reforged UI is modular-looking, and already renders stuff behind of it, anyways.

In the worst case scenario in which they don't add natives to create UI based stuff, Triggerhappy made a vjass based UI builder anyways.

Level 11
I was like... "'Black bars?' Dahell are they talking about?" :D Now I know.

Never been bothered by them to be honest.

So far I've only noticed the game will seemingly run much more smoothly with crispier graphics and models, as well as (a possible) "reforged" version of the original soundtrack and (HOPEFULLY NOT) storyline.

That and this one very ugly thing:
war3meme2x-png.314555

Level 28
Umm, Does anyone would recommended the W3 Reforged or no? Im curious btw.
Nobody can say for sure as I doubt anyone here has played it (other than some Blizzard employees). For what I have seen and heard I think it's the evolution of WC3. If anyone's interested in WC3 than there is no way to ignore Reforged.

Personally I am not 100% happy. Terrain needs more more and I don't like the current AI pathing which they are likely to keep, but I will get it. Looking forward to the new graphics, additions ot the campaign and new possibilities for the editor.

Level 3
Nobody can say for sure as I doubt anyone here has played it (other than some Blizzard employees). For what I have seen and heard I think it's the evolution of WC3. If anyone's interested in WC3 than there is no way to ignore Reforged.

Personally I am not 100% happy. Terrain needs more more and I don't like the current AI pathing which they are likely to keep, but I will get it. Looking forward to the new graphics, additions ot the campaign and new possibilities for the editor.
Is reforged will update patches same like the old W3?

Level 2
Is reforged will update patches same like the old W3?

Yup; I think as far as I know; WAR3 classic and reforged can play together. If like Starcraft Remastered, I hope WAR3 classics goes free to play; We'll need some players for the custom maps :D (I mean SC and SC2 are F2P already)

Level 13
I pre ordered it because i wanted to vote with my dollar. I don't care about campaign and i only care a little bit about nicer graphics, but i think it's important to show some appreciation to Blizzard for keeping wc3 BNet updated and running all this time, and to try to convince them and other game companies that it's still worth it to release games that are not on a subscription model.

Level 3
Would be nice to have at least some info on the new Editor features. I think I read somewhere they promised an Editor beta on February but it's long past that.

Would be nice to have at least some info on the new Editor features. I think I read somewhere they promised an Editor beta on February but it's long past that.

Huge update should be in Spring according to one of interviews.

Blizzard should give us more info or release beta soon to get feedback form players. They have only 9 months left to release.

Last edited:
Level 11
I'm sorry for those who are excited, but, according to a reliable source, and because Blizzard said that "we are preparing something completely new for the Warcraft franchise", Blizzard will not get anything more, including what has already been announced, in the entire course of 2019, so we'll have to wait for Reforged, and for anything else. I would love to pass the link to the source, but it is a video in the Spanish language, so it would be useless and frustrating.
On my opinion, I consider that the most pessimistic are right. Hive will be fragmented. Unfortunately, I will not be able to obtain the Reforged until much later than its release on the market, so I will experience in the first person an abandoned and desolate Hive.
But that does not have to be the end. After a while, and due to the functionality of the economic currents and the decrease of the offer, all, including myself, will be able to buy this game, and we will be able to enjoy a reborn Hive, the powerful improvements to the editor, that will open us a endless of new possibilities, and, more importantly, an empowered and amplified community, as united and active as when Hive was created, due both to the new people and to the union that separation always brings with it.
In summary, I believe that, at the beginning, the reforged will harm us, but if we manage to survive, it will allow us to evolve and empower ourselves as never before, being beneficial in the end.

Level 11
I'm sorry for those who are excited, but, according to a reliable source, and because Blizzard said that "we are preparing something completely new for the Warcraft franchise", Blizzard will not get anything more, including what has already been announced, in the entire course of 2019, so we'll have to wait for Reforged, and for anything else. I would love to pass the link to the source, but it is a video in the Spanish language, so it would be useless and frustrating.
On my opinion, I consider that the most pessimistic are right. Hive will be fragmented. Unfortunately, I will not be able to obtain the Reforged until much later than its release on the market, so I will experience in the first person an abandoned and desolate Hive.
But that does not have to be the end. After a while, and due to the functionality of the economic currents and the decrease of the offer, all, including myself, will be able to buy this game, and we will be able to enjoy a reborn Hive, the powerful improvements to the editor, that will open us a endless of new possibilities, and, more importantly, an empowered and amplified community, as united and active as when Hive was created, due both to the new people and to the union that separation always brings with it.
In summary, I believe that, at the beginning, the reforged will harm us, but if we manage to survive, it will allow us to evolve and empower ourselves as never before, being beneficial in the end.

Pass me the link, I'll translate it

Level 11
I just don't remember the Youtuber.
I am subscribed to 7 youtubers of the warcraft theme, and I saw the video 2 months ago.
I understand that you do not trust the source, and I am perfectly in agreement, since the youtuber might even be deceiving me, but, until I find it, I can not give them more proof than this.

Warcraft® III: Reforged - Warcraft III | Blizzard Shop
  • Pre-purchase: Warcraft® III: Reforged releases on or before December 31, 2019.
99.999% sure it will release this year
also, Hive won't be harmed because the majority of modders/mappers/modelers/etc will continue to use old assets until there is a large enough selection of updated assets, by which time the Hive will definitely have caught up

Status
Not open for further replies.