• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged: Defense of the Plaguelands Intro (Blood Elven 2 Player Campaign)

260022-6f4eb30e0a2da56abe81c263ae85bae3.png

WARCRAFT III REFORGED
INTRO MAP FOR CAMPAIGN
DEFENSE OF THE PLAGUELANDS

FEATURES
  • This is only the first map and it is in finished state, other maps will be uploaded in the future.
  • Two Player Custom Campaign for Blood Elves. Story will take just after Arthas merges with the Lich King right after Warcraft III Frozen Throne and Illidan's defeat.
  • Standard Melee Warcraft III Campaign with few RPG maps.
  • Cinematics with Face Animation in Reforged Style.
  • Voice lines for Cinematics and Quests are all done by AI.
  • Warcraft III Reforged Campaign with World of Warcraft style of Quests. Some Quests are optional but with bigger Rewards.
  • Secrets with twists and turns all scattered around the campaign.
  • Beautiful simple Blood Elven City at the Edge of the Plaguelands.
  • Max level for the Heroes is increased from level 10 to level 18.
  • There will be Lore accurate secrets and Characters from World of Warcraft.

278095-62b03af167dd442bd3b9b594374ead10.png
278094-7e3b252c8a05c987e0581cb78be56672.png

STORY

• Azara Sunwing and Aralana Sunwing, two sisters, are coming together after years of training and travel. United after long-standing disputes, they are ready to defend their homelands with their newly acquired powers. As they set out to reconquer the land and rid it of the foul undead that plague it, their determination and strength grow even stronger. An epic tale of redemption and triumph as the Sunwing siblings embark on their quest to cleanse the land and restore peace.
  • While the Blood Elves are fighting of the Scourge from their lands The Burning Legions has it's own plans. After Burning Legion lost control of Ner'Zhul's Scourge they are trying to get them back. After the Blood Elves kill The Scourge's forces they can be resurrect into their own bidding.

CREDITS
InsaneMonster
Tamplier - Lumber Stash
Vulfar
Zenonoth
liptonite
Malmgrev
Mwas
Mr.Goblin, ShadiHD, Tamplier - Elven Runestone Reforged
handclaw - Hawkstrider Reforged Pack
Ardenaso, Flinn, Mr Ogre man, VictorZ - Thalassian Ballista 1.5
Barorque, Tamplier - CSW - Doodad Pack
TheJassy - Forest Troll Rack
Sapprine - Ground Vines
Mr. Smite - Human carriage
Mr. Smite - Lots of decorations and doodads
Tamplier - High Elven Lumber Mill Reforged
SADGASM - Misc. Doodads
Barorque, Vibe - More styles of StrahnbradLargeTree
vindorei - Arcane Golem
chopinski - Illidan, Turalyon Hero Concept

UPDATES
  • All of the dialogs texts in the whole map have been changed
  • All of Voice Characters were changed -
  • Went from Cheap AI to Elven Labs Pro AI Voice to Text
  • Cinematics updates
  • Lo'thul model change
  • Blood Elven kids change from Cheap wow ones to much better ones Blood Elven Kids. Thanks to Mwas.
  • Changed Demon Hunter to Fel Rogue
  • Changed Main Character story, model and spells
  • Paladin - 2 new spells
  • Fel Rogue - 3 new Spells
  • All Quest - Rework

• Demon Hunter - Three changed spells
  • Paladin - Two changed spells
  • Quest 2 rework
  • Arcane Golem return to guard fix
  • Luzran and Corrupted Druid rework
  • Silvemoon Music when entering the city for the first time

• Memory Leaks
  • Terrain Changes
  • Boss phases changes

CAMPAIGN PROGRESS

Bloodelf01 - 100%
Bloodelf02 - 50%
Bloodelf03 - 5%
Bloodelf04 - 2%
Bloodelf05 - 0%
Bloodelf06 - 0%

Please do report any bugs!
Feel free to give your opinions, questions and suggestions!
First time posting a map that I made by myself so I'm not that aware of all the rules.
Please try to be kind.
Don't need review's from people that clearly are not artists and have not made many maps, models, tutorials or other.

Contents

Blood Elf Chapter 1 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Aralana has two abilities mentioning Turalyon. Ability descriptions should be consistent in the way they are written (text colour, formatting etc.). Luzran has no hero glow. It could be simply added: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling Same Cold...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Please understand that alphas go here: Map Development
Do not use the resource threads for unfinished works.
Also, please don't spam tags. It's not a campaign yet as it's just one map. Only choose the most fitting ones. I presume RPG and Co-op work best, not Footman Frenzy. That's an entirely different genre.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Intro is finished (The first map)! Why would I post something that is finished into Map Development?
Because you wrote that it's only one map and it's not even finished, i.e. in alpha state:
1685899549581.png

EDIT: also, this is not true:
1685899748651.png

Level 11
Because you wrote that it's only one map and it's not even finished, i.e. in alpha state:
View attachment 436232

EDIT: also, this is not true:
View attachment 436234

Thanks for the answer. Not an Alpha. Issues in text resolved!

Last edited:
Level 11
Hello, boss! Can I translate this campaign into chinese? I wanna share it with chinese players
Map is going massive through changes from Demon Hunter model changed to Fel Rogue model. Changed some core spells from both main Heroes and will be posting finished second map that will be Altered Melee with Blood Elven Tech Tree. After that you can translate it.

All voice lines were changed, every single one and many more changes. Now using Elven Labs and it's much better experience.

You will have to wait few more months.

Last edited:
Level 5
Map is going massive changes from Demon Hunter model changed to Fel Rogue model. Changed some core spells from both main Heroes and will be posting finished second map that will be Altered Melee with Blood Elven Tech Tree. After that you can translate it.

All voice lines were changed, every single one and many more changes. Now using Elven Labs and it's much better experience.

You will have to wait few more months.
OK! Thanks for your making.

Level 11
OK! Thanks for your making.
Blood Elven Chapter 1 has been updated my friend. It has been changed so much that you should play it again!
You can translate it but give credits to me! Need feedback too.
  • All of the dialogs texts in the whole map have been changed
  • All of Voice Characters were changed -
  • Went from Cheap AI to Elven Labs Pro AI Voice to Text
  • Cinematics updates
  • Lo'thul model change
  • Blood Elven kids change from Cheap wow TBC Blood Elven Child ones to much better ones Blood Elven Kids. Thanks to Mwas.
  • Changed Demon Hunter to Fel Rogue
  • Changed Main Character story, model and spells
  • Paladin - 2 new spells
  • Fel Rogue - 3 new Spells
  • All Quest - Rework

Blood Elven Chapter 2 that is Altered Melee will take a bit more time, but soon.
Blood Elven Chapter 1-7 is planned!

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. Aralana has two abilities mentioning Turalyon. Ability descriptions should be consistent in the way they are written (text colour, formatting etc.).
  2. Luzran has no hero glow. It could be simply added: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling Same Cold Wraith.
  3. Feel there should be less undead at the gates message spam. Have a triggered timer before the text can appear again, once in x seconds or so.
  4. Had 11 items to use on Runes and used one on the runestone near the corrupted keeper of the grove resulting in all 11 items to disappear from the inventory.
  5. Undead Unrest doesn't tell you how many you should kill but the requirements update with how much you've killed. Same with The Sanctum of the Light.
  6. The orb quests says the bandits are north in the woods but they're actually southeast.
  7. Reaching the cemetery you get the message that the elite undead will attack the elf base. I assume it was Luzran. But he/it was dead already.
  8. Pressing ESC after Tannia tells of the "wonderful news" will get you that message again and camera moved to her location; runestone quest completed too.
  9. Kaedanis' "!" mark remains after finishing the quest with ghosts. Keel's was not visible anymore though, not even the "?".
Overall, a very nice co-op RPGish map which can definitely become a lovely campaign.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/