• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Warcraft 2: The remake

Level 20
As the campaign is getting tested, i'm releasing a few more screenshot of the completed work. ;)

Campaign screens from Warcraft 2: The Dark Saga, for both progression and Act Interludes

wc3scrnshot_010921_005650_01-jpg.371999

wc3scrnshot_012021_122201_02-jpg.372236

Original cutscenes remade

wc3scrnshot_010921_010116_02-jpg.372000

wc3scrnshot_010921_162807_02-jpg.372002

Custom ported tilesets for Grasslands and Dirt maps

wc3scrnshot_010921_162951_03-jpg.372003

wc3scrnshot_080819_002328_01-jpg.372237

Cinematic cutscenes for every mission briefing for a greater plot-involvement

wc3scrnshot_011021_205830_01-jpg.372004

wc3scrnshot_012021_122254_03-jpg.372243

All original musics and screens ported

wc3scrnshot_012021_121202_01-jpg.372239

Enjoy and explore the Enhanced Mode, which adds more plot content to the campaign and custom material to play

(A group of Stromgarde Rangers use their custom "Poison Arrow" ability to slow down a group of Black Tooth Grin Grunts, safely taking them out)

wc3scrnshot_100920_185348_01-jpg.372006

(A Dalaran force advances supported by a group of Footmen, with their signature Mana Shield ability active)

wc3scrnshot_011721_170049_02-jpg.372240

(A squadron of damaged Elven Destroyers advances relentless towards its next objective)

wc3scrnshot_011121_190907_01-jpg.372005

Level 20
I really like how faithful it looks to the original! But might I suggest removing the environmental doodads since it kinda clashes visually? I can't quite place it.
I thought they would add a bit of terrain variety since otherwise the maps would look totally barren and there's people who might not like it nor enjoy it.

Last edited:
Level 14
I thought they would add a bit of terrain variety since otherwise the maps would look totally barren and there's people who might not like it or enjoy it.

I think you are right to add doodads and give it more variety. If you are remaking an old game with a newer game you might as well update it to look nicer otherwise you might as well play the old game.

Level 20
Is there a release date so far?
Hi. Unexpectedly, the two original testers have been inactive for the latest 15 days, so i had to send the map to an alternative tester about 8 days ago. Thanks to him i'm discovering stuff to correct and polish up, so it was a good decision to delay it to the public after all. Can't tell a date just yet. Could be in a week, could be in 2 weeks, etc. Not sure.:peasant-thinking:

Level 20
Sorry for having not reported in a while(it's actually over 2 months!). Unfortunately Loktar and Stormshock haven't been active since January and I had to give the campaign for beta-test to a different source. The tests are revealing very fruitful and productive, as we're discovering imperfections, errors and the AI being quite hard to manage :xxd: The release is unfortunately going to wait some more, BUT... in the mean time i'm working on the Orc Campaign, with both normal AND enhanced mode proceeding at the same pace! At the moment I'm on to map 6 and counting! As you may(not) have noticed i've updated the Bleeding Hollow Clan panel with its stats. It's becoming a quite interesting subfaction and i'm having a lot of fun in developing more and more ideas around this Enhanced Mode. Keep yourselves tuned in for more updates! :wink:

bleedinghollow-jpg.376974

Level 4
Nice to see this is still going! Can't wait to play :D

One question though (so sorry if it has been answered before): what version of the game is this going to release for?

Level 4
Human Campaign is out now, HERE: WCII - Tides of Darkness - Humans
I am playing it now, it is LOVELY! I have reached Act 2 and finished the first mission there. I like how you've implemented a lot of features from Warcraft 2 (for example, the naval system) and the gameplay is great. I struggled a bit in the mage scenario. I didn't know how to use my invisibility to get to the elves without being seen by the tower, and when I finally did (through the left path), the three units I had weren't enough, so I used the houses' mana regen thing and put invisibility on 6 units and they were enough to break free my troops, and I also left a few extras at home because I get attacked afterwards., but the challenge is welcome and the new faction system works wonders (though it was a bit difficult to understand at first that differently coloured workers build different things, I got that eventually). Really fun stuff, great mapping and amazing work on recreating Warcraft 2, which is one of my favourite RTS games of all time. Some things could be improved upon if you wanted, like using original WC2 sound effects perhaps, but nothing major.

Level 20
Some things could be improved upon if you wanted, like using original WC2 sound effects perhaps, but nothing major.
You mean original voice sounds? Because other sounds are already there.
Original voices do not mesh good with the quality of Warcraft 3 voices and general effects, plus they don't have any "attack mode" sound. I might do an exception for heroes(later on) but nothing for units. Also i did put original warning sounds. ;)
I'm glad you're having fun so far. If you like it already, you're gonna love it later! :D Much more to see yet!

Level 11
If anything, i would suggest ai upscaled cutscenes out of War 2 as a bonus version, but that i can do with DgVoodoo2 AA and anisotropy with a CRT filter.

It finally OUT!

also, do you have plans to update the Warcraft 1 mod?, the recent War 1 models released here at hive are great!

Level 4
You mean original voice sounds? Because other sounds are already there.
Original voices do not mesh good with the quality of Warcraft 3 voices and general effects, plus they don't have any "attack mode" sound. I might do an exception for heroes(later on) but nothing for units. Also i did put original warning sounds. ;)
I'm glad you're having fun so far. If you like it already, you're gonna love it later! :D Much more to see yet!
Yeah, I did mean the voice lines, but I understand that it doesn't make much sense. Can't wait to see the rest of the stuff :D

Level 20
If anything, i would suggest ai upscaled cutscenes out of War 2 as a bonus version, but that i can do with DgVoodoo2 AA and anisotropy with a CRT filter.
Why bothering with the pixelated low resolution cutscenes when i did replicate ALL of them myself with the editor? ;) Play the remake and check them neat Act cutscenes!
also, do you have plans to update the Warcraft 1 mod?, the recent War 1 models released here at hive are great!
I did actually update that remake quite a while ago by now with the latest wc1 models from the Hive.

Level 20
(though it was a bit difficult to understand at first that differently coloured workers build different things, I got that eventually).
The tabs explaining all the new units you get in each mission should help you getting a general idea of what you have. Have you checked them out?
Also, in that 2nd map there is a suggestion in the mission objectives tab that helps you getting an idea of which path to choose best.

Level 4
The tabs explaining all the new units you get in each mission should help you getting a general idea of what you have. Have you checked them out?
Also, in that 2nd map there is a suggestion in the mission objectives tab that helps you getting an idea of which path to choose best.
Yeah, I have seen those, I was very keen to see the different factions in action, I just expected there to only be one per mission.
I did see the hint, but (from what I can recall) it said to take the right side, but it's walled in and next to a tower.

Level 20
Yeah, I have seen those, I was very keen to see the different factions in action, I just expected there to only be one per mission.
I did see the hint, but (from what I can recall) it said to take the right side, but it's walled in and next to a tower.
Is it??? I recall having written "west path" or something! :eek:
EDIT: yup, i just checked, it does say "western path" (phew!)

Last edited:
Level 4
Is it??? I recall having written "west path" or something! :eek:
EDIT: yup, i just checked, it does say "western path" (phew!)
Ah yes, my bad. Also, I am stuck at Grim Batol (spoilers for the mission): I managed to get to the enemy base, destroy it and create my own, made some knights etc. Either way, I can't make ships with Stromgarde, my transports and destroyers are on the other side of the sea where the enemy refineries are and I can't get through the rocks at the bottom of the map with my Demo Squads. I can destroy the first few boulders, but the big ones seem to not go down even after 3 Demo Squads and I have basically run out of juice. Is there a bug there or something in particular I have to do? Also, I noticed the green orcish shipyards that are indestructible and I though that maybe I can turn them into my own shipyards, but I could not find a way to do that either :(

Level 20
Ah yes, my bad. Also, I am stuck at Grim Batol (spoilers for the mission): I managed to get to the enemy base, destroy it and create my own, made some knights etc. Either way, I can't make ships with Stromgarde, my transports and destroyers are on the other side of the sea where the enemy refineries are and I can't get through the rocks at the bottom of the map with my Demo Squads. I can destroy the first few boulders, but the big ones seem to not go down even after 3 Demo Squads and I have basically run out of juice. Is there a bug there or something in particular I have to do? Also, I noticed the green orcish shipyards that are indestructible and I though that maybe I can turn them into my own shipyards, but I could not find a way to do that either :(
It must be a glitch due to the height variation along the hill with the destructible rocks. Try to place your Demo Squad as close as possible to the rocks before detonating them. The rocks' health itself is set so it blows with a single blast. I recall we had a similar isue within the testings but it went ok after another try i think. I'm gonna double-check it tonight anyway.
BTW You're not supposed to have any naval unit in this map, so nothing wrong there.

Thanks for the report.

Last edited:
Level 4
It must be a glitch due to the height variation along the hill with the destructible rocks. Try to place your Demo Squad as close as possible to the rocks before detonating them. The rocks' health itself is set so it blows with a single blast. I recall we had a similar isue within the testings but it went ok after another try i think. I'm gonna double-check it tonight anyway.
BTW You're not supposed to have any naval unit in this map, so nothing wrong there.

Thanks for the report.
Alright, I've made a few more attempts and to no avail. I have made a (very sloppy) video of me trying different angles, I thought it might help to see exactly what boulders are causing the problem:
. In the mean time I'm going to cheat to win and try the rest of the maps, and will come back to it later :)

Level 11
Why bothering with the pixelated low resolution cutscenes when i did replicate ALL of them myself with the editor? ;) Play the remake and check them neat Act cutscenes!

I did actually update that remake quite a while ago by now with the latest wc1 models from the Hive.
but without the based footman loktar did Footman (Kul Tiras, WC1, WC2)
Also, with the gog release, its easier to config dosbox using the ECE fork at vogons to get the Audio briefings, plus the high quality CD music which is from the MAC version.
Though i feel that war1gus extracts the voice audio logs and converts them to high quality when used to run war 1.
Edit: it's mostly a suggestion if you update the War 1 campaigns again

i'll see if i can look into War2 later, it got my neck with something skyrim related.

Last edited:
Level 4
Just finished Act 3 and I must say it has been probably the best Warcraft 3 gameplay I have ever encountered before. It is so much fun! I absolutely loved the Paladins and the Spellbreakers (which are one of my favourite wc3 units, though obviously very different to those). The paladins are insanely powerful with the auto-cast heal, it is beautiful to see an army of them rampage through the enemies. The challenge was definitely there (scarcity of gold, but most importantly wood caused me to rethink my strategy several times), but it is highly rewarding. The skin for Uther is a bit strange imo, but other than that it's been amazing. I have found another bug by the way: on Betrayal of Alterac, my already existing (white) knights didn't turn to paladins, though the knights I made after the upgrade were indeed paladins. Idk what happened there.

Level 20
but without the based footman loktar did Footman (Kul Tiras, WC1, WC2)
The model from @Deolrin for the Azerothien Footman is the best i've ever seen and i'm not changing it for the gold of the whole Alliance.

Also, with the gog release, its easier to config dosbox using the ECE fork at vogons to get the Audio briefings, plus the high quality CD music which is from the MAC version.
I said I don't care about the voices. The original musics are the one from Glenn Stafford, which marked my childhood for life. If they might sound a bit cloudy in my remake is because i lowered their quality to the brim of acceptance to save filesize preserving their quality at most.

Edit: it's mostly a suggestion
Yep. Duly noted.

The skin for Uther is a bit strange imo
lol i know, but i couldn't find anything better.
I have found another bug by the way: on Betrayal of Alterac, my already existing (white) knights didn't turn to paladins, though the knights I made after the upgrade were indeed paladins. Idk what happened there.
I know and good thing you noticed that too. I don't know why it does that but i have an idea to fix it and will do it straight away.
Alright, I've made a few more attempts and to no avail. I have made a (very sloppy) video of me trying different angles, I thought it might help to see exactly what boulders are causing the problem:
. In the mean time I'm going to cheat to win and try the rest of the maps, and will come back to it later :)
Thanks for the video. Damn. I will check it out. Strange though, as we didn't have such issue in the testings.

Last edited:
Level 20
I can't get through the rocks at the bottom of the map with my Demo Squads. I can destroy the first few boulders, but the big ones seem to not go down even after 3 Demo Squads and I have basically run out of juice. Is there a bug there or something in particular I have to do?
Alright, i've tested it and the exact same thing happened as you told. What i did was turning the camera around in a way so that i could make sure the Demo Squad was sticking to the rock without any more room to go on to it and detonate, and it did manage to blow the rock up, as the remaining ones ahead. Unfortunately i cannot expand the blast area because if i do so the Demo Squad will be able to blow more structures in one blast, so what i suggest is just saving before that point and have a few attempts of VERY point-blank blasts using camera rotation. Ii do believe, though, that the problem might come with the height of the hill, so i lowered that rocky part to "almost" ground zero. I did it overnight, along a bunch of other fixes so i didn't have time to test it. You may already have gotten past the Crestfall mission and noticed the Mana Storm not working. I fixed that now, along with many incorrections from tooltips and subfaction unit tab descriptions. Sorry again. Please bear with me. Thank you!

For everyone else:

There is a glitch with the Enhanced mission objective on Grim Batol map, which suggests you to destroy rock boulders in the southern section of the map in order to reach the enemy base. The problem comes most likely with the height of the hill the rocks are on, and the range of the Demo Squads Kaboom ability, as shown in this video.
What i did was turning the camera around in a way so that i could make sure the Demo Squad was sticking to the rock without any more room to go on to it and detonate, and it did manage to blow the rock up, as the remaining ones ahead. Unfortunately i cannot expand the blast area because if i do so the Demo Squad will be able to blow more structures in one blast, so what i suggest is just saving before that point and have a few attempts of VERY point-blank blasts using camera rotation. Ii do believe, though, that the problem might come with the height of the hill, so i lowered that rocky part to "almost" ground zero. Still haven't tested it though, but please bear with me and use the foretold method with some save/load attempts if necessary.
Thanks to @LordDxl for the report!

Last edited:
Level 4
I am glad I could be of help there. I am currently in the first mission of Act 4, with the turtles. The hints say to hop from island to island with the Archmage's Blink skill (he doesn't have one, but I assume you mean the Dimensional Door. Either way, that doesn't really work because the Door transports the archmage way too short of a distance. The only way I can think of getting him on the top-most island for oil is to use a transport ship, but it gets shot down by turtles on the way. Speaking of Dimensional Door, it shares the shortcut of Recall, so you cannot use the shortcut for the Door.

Level 20
I am glad I could be of help there. I am currently in the first mission of Act 4, with the turtles. The hints say to hop from island to island with the Archmage's Blink skill (he doesn't have one, but I assume you mean the Dimensional Door. Either way, that doesn't really work because the Door transports the archmage way too short of a distance. The only way I can think of getting him on the top-most island for oil is to use a transport ship, but it gets shot down by turtles on the way. Speaking of Dimensional Door, it shares the shortcut of Recall, so you cannot use the shortcut for the Door.
Get it on the first one north of yours with the transport, then scout with Flying Machine and Blink around.
How annoying the shortcut bs. I got everything changed just slightly before release, that's why we missed stuff like this during the testing. Thank you again, keep it up.

Level 20

Other than fixing those few tooltips problems mentioned above, together with the Archmage's command card, i thought of adding some more taste to the Enhanced Mode.
Since Stromgarde is a subfaction which you play only in the middle of the campaign, and you won't get to see the Bleeding Hollow Clan ever again after Grim Batol, i thought of giving the possibility to use Inquisitors, with the addition of being able to face the Bleeding Hollow's Orc-Shamans. You only get to see the developed Bleeding Hollow subfaction as you play the Orc Campaign so it wouldn't have made much sense to leave it like this. Plus, there are Paladins already scheduled to unlock normall in the following map(Tyr's Hand) so the idea would fit perfectly with the logical tech-flow of the campaign.

EDIT: changes tested and update now uploaded.

EDIT2: Regarding a recent report from a player, i went through the whole campaign, and guess what? I found several irregularities here and there. Most notable of all, AoE spells not affecting any unit at all!(targets boxes were not ticked correctly).
It would have taken you towards the last maps to notice it(expecially in the Enhanced Mode) but it's been fixed now. ;)
Also, adjusted some tech availabilities, buildings icons repositioned within construction tabs, and more stuff!
Tested and re-uploaded.
Apologies once again.
I hope it's the last one, but something else might come up, expecially as i'll start working on the secret campaigns.

Last edited:
Level 4
Alrighty, I have finished the game (well, I have to go back to that archmage mission and try finishing it). It was amazing! Great gameplay all around, and I love that you can choose which faction to play as in the last mission. I picked Azeroth for the paladins (though I did the second half of the map with gryphons exclusively). I absolutely love the custom units and the many differences between the playable factions (and the enemy factions too, what's up with those axe-throwing grunts lol). I can't wait for the Orc campaign and perhaps Beyond the Dark Portal, if you will do that. I will be on the lookout :D

Level 20
and I love that you can choose which faction to play as in the last mission. I picked Azeroth for the paladins (though I did the second half of the map with gryphons exclusively).
You mean Lordaeron* ;) Yes, Lordaeron has the best defence factor, which makes their paladins extremely durable, expecially with Healing.

I can't wait for the Orc campaign and perhaps Beyond the Dark Portal, if you will do that. I will be on the lookout :D
You won't be disappointed! :)
P.S. Please don't forget to leave a feedback for the campaign!

Level 4
You mean Lordaeron* ;) Yes, Lordaeron has the best defence factor, which makes their paladins extremely durable, expecially with Healing.

You won't be disappointed! :)
P.S. Please don't forget to leave a feedback for the campaign!
Lordaeron, yes, my bad xD

I have left a review (5 star baby, well deserved), if that is what you mean :)

Level 20
Lordaeron, yes, my bad xD

I have left a review (5 star baby, well deserved), if that is what you mean :)
Oh, snap, we're in a different thread here. Sorry if i missed it. I thought I'd see it on your posts in here! '^^ Thank you so much!
One last thing: you might have seen a post-ending Turalyon/Uther dialogue if you finished the game with Lordaeron. Finish it with other subfactions to unlock their own "secret ending"! ;) (it's not cumulative, though)

Last edited:
Level 4
Oh, snap, we're in a different thread here. Sorry if i missed it. I thought I'd see it on your posts in here! '^^ Thank you so much!
One last thing: you might have seen a post-ending Turalyon/Uther dialogue if you finished the game with Lordaeron. Finish it with other subfactions to unlock their own "secret ending"! ;) (it's not cumulative, though)
Alright, I have taken your advice and played the last map with Azeroth (actually Azeroth this time). I found another shortcut bug: Azeroth has both the Shipyard and the Blacksmith in the Advanced Tab, but both of their hotkeys are 'S'. Also, I wasn't attacked whatsoever when playing with Azeroth. Not by the goblins on my island, not by dragons from the north, nothing.
I did the good ol' allyourbasearebelongtous for Stromgarde and Dalaran, because I didn't want to play the map again (for now), but was way too curious as to what the cinematics were. Speaking of which, they were really nicely made and I loved seeing different bits of lore depending on the played faction. I would love to see a video edit of all the parts Khadgar with Antonidas, Uther with Turalyon, the blue castle talk and the stromgarde talk, along with the common ones on YouTube or something :)

Level 3
Here's a weird bug, when I build the Elven lumber mill in the enhanced mode, suddenly my peasants stop returning any lumber. At all. It makes the missions very hard.

Level 20
Here's a weird bug, when I build the Elven lumber mill in the enhanced mode, suddenly my peasants stop returning any lumber. At all. It makes the missions very hard.
Well, i don't think anyone ran into this, as it would be easily noticeable, so my advice is for you to play the game in the version foretold in the description, which you can find in my signature.

Level 3
Well, the remake is undoubtedly cool. So, thanks for your work.
However, in my estimation difficalty is too easy - i know that warcraft 2 had no normal AI, and in some missions its nesseserry that enemies don't react when you destroing their base, netertheless - it is too easy (in original WC2 - it feels OK just because the player cant control units that easier). Adding AI to some missions, especially in enhanced mode would be great.
The second thing i want to add - the only mission where you can choose faction is the last one, it is a little sad. Moreover, Alterac, Kul'Tirus, Gilneas are unplayable, although their forces participated in that campaign according to the lore.
The last thing: factions customisation - some ideas a really good, but as for me different approach is better... For example, Lorderon Knight with 3 armour upgraids vs Stormgardian Knight with 3 attack upgraids - aren't their equals in combat? Stormgardian should be more powerful even without any upgraids, but only in a fair combat. Lorderonian should be more powerfull standing its ground and protecting the base, making the player playing defensivly, rely on defensive structures, using positioned war tactics. However full stack of Lorderon Paladins can wipe enemy base even easiar than full stack of inquisitors. Appart from that, ships are not customised at all, although it would be great, especially introducing Kul'Tiras. Artillary can also benefit from customisation (Lorderonian have to enroot to attack, Stormgargian has quick movement spead but cannot attack closer then 600 distance, Kul'Tiras has cannons (mightiest artillery in the game?)).
Of course, that's just my vision. The remake is great and i know how difficult to make it( started a lot of projects but didnt have patians to finish any of them). So thanks for keep working on your project. Good luck with it.

Level 20
However, in my estimation difficalty is too easy - i know that warcraft 2 had no normal AI, and in some missions its nesseserry that enemies don't react when you destroing their base, netertheless - it is too easy (in original WC2 - it feels OK just because the player cant control units that easier). Adding AI to some missions, especially in enhanced mode would be great.
Well, i had to adjust it during testings. You might be just really good. :) who knows?
The second thing i want to add - the only mission where you can choose faction is the last one, it is a little sad. Moreover, Alterac, Kul'Tirus, Gilneas are unplayable, although their forces participated in that campaign according to the lore.
What you mean is a little sad? It's a choice option in the end to try it with different techtrees at full capacity.
Alterac, Kul Tiras and Gilneas are unplayable because, as you say, their forces participated in that campaign according to the LORE, but not with actual forces in the Warcraft 2 game. Alterac was just standing back, as its contribution to the Alliance was minimal and its forces weak. Kul Tiras supplied ships and naval support(we only see it on the field during Beyond The Dark Portal). Gilneas fought in the battles of the first chapter and then went neutral real quick, or so i heard.
The story lore-wise changes a lot from Warcraft 2 times to Warcraft 3 times. i downloaded a book which narrates the events from a Warcraft 3 perspective and it syntetizes Warcraft 2 events much briefly compared to how they played. Like it depicted Perenolde to just have stood at Alterac's mountain pass waiting for Doomhammer to transit, telling him "hey don't attack my nation and i will grant you safe passage, k?" and that's it, while we all know that Perenolde had a major scheme and actions that influenced the events of the second war. However, Blizzard dug a lot of plot-holes in their warcraft stories anyway, so that's not big news.

For example, Lorderon Knight with 3 armour upgraids vs Stormgardian Knight with 3 attack upgraids - aren't their equals in combat?
But you are implying that they would fight against each other like they're the only 2 human subfactions, while there are others that would require different strategies according to the subfaction they'd face. A good example is Dalaran, whose magical arsenal requires you to use more brain than just muscle.
However full stack of Lorderon Paladins can wipe enemy base even easiar than full stack of inquisitors
You're obviously talking about late game factors here. Inquisitors can steal a large amount of health when fully upgraded AND Fiery Spirit researched. Their soft resistance makes them bad in defense, but at that point all you have to do is let them loose and attack.
Lordaeron, yeah, their Paladins are strong and even stronger with the Spiked Armors. I could have given them a Medium armor to compensate for the resistance, but then they would have been weaker defensively so i had no clue at that point how to really balance that, because medium armors take less damage from piercing attacks, and you already have Footmen with Defend, etc.
Appart from that, ships are not customised at all, although it would be great, especially introducing Kul'Tiras.
That's the point: Kul'Tiras is not introduced as a custom faction simply because it didn't show up in the original Warcraft 2 game. The campaign would have been even tighter showcasing more subfactions by then. Besides, as i said, they supplied ships, and that's the reason you see Destroyers icons as Green.

Artillary can also benefit from customisation (Lorderonian have to enroot to attack, Stormgargian has quick movement spead but cannot attack closer then 600 distance, Kul'Tiras has cannons (mightiest artillery in the game?)).
Of course, that's just my vision.
It's an interesing one and you'll see that i went for that option in the Orc campaign. I couldn't see how to custom Balistas in any way so i just left them like that. Besides, they are supplied by Kul Tiras, another faction which is not featured in the actual Warcraft 2 game. I wasn't even going to customize the Elven Archers in the first place, but had to do so when i realized the custom material was looking too poor. I had but much fun in exercising the many ideas i had during development, though. That i can tell. :D
Also, i need more custom models if i have to invent something for the custom Artillery units. I'm still in time to add further things on later updates. Never say never.

Level 3
They don't serve any useful purpose. Especially the spies, which as a unit are just a paying attention check.

I really don't understand why they're in the campaign at all

Level 20
UPDATE ON ORC CAMPAIGN:
As many of you know i've been working on the final map of the orc campaign. As i'm testing the Bleeding Hollow Clan i'm encountering some serious bugs i never seen or heard before, and that's all related to one of their key units: the Spy.
It turns out if i use the "militia conversion" mechanic as i originally planned to (in order to temporarly sacrifice a Peon for a Spy run that would last 60 seconds before turning back to a Peon again) the Peon will no longer build structures??
So i tried a permanent conversion based on the Acolyte-Shade mechanic. Ok first of all there is no field to modify in order to change what's coming out of the Sacrifice ability, so i thought of replacing the Shade with a Spy. First of all the Shade icon still shows up within the structure training's progression bar, then of course it comes out with "The return of the damned" line before being replaced, but what happens if i train other units after the process? It is no longer possible to queue units in that structure and the game crashes at the end of the training. Weird stuff, in a few words, that i was NOT minimally expecting to run into, and that will most likely make me have to abort the idea of such unit as an actual option for the Bleeding Hollow subfaction, whose key aspect is primarily a more focused scouting in order to locate and disrupt enemy forces, expecially within the late game phase.
I may have a few other things to fix before wrapping this up and working on the Finale.
Job is taking me a lot of mental space, and other hobbies are also something that gets in the way but rest assured; this is all coming to an end. :)