1. Join Texturing Contest #30 now in a legendary battle of mythological creatures!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

[Campaign] Warcraft 2: The remake

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by LordPerenoldeII, Apr 9, 2017.

1. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright, i know few people will care at this point but, just FYI, i'm officially announcing that

Warcraft II Remake
    HAS COMMENCED

Updates might be shown, might be not. If you know who I am you should know what i am(and what i've been) capable of. This time i have data, stats, experience and, most of all, help; so it won't take 6 years like the first remake. What will be more time consuming is of course the AI and the many cinematics. Terraining is on the go, at a quite remarkable pace. At the moment, @Cuore and @Stormshock are the ones taking care of it.
    Maps will have custom terrain tiles from warcraft 2(a joy to watch) over grass and dirt scenarios. Snow maps will have the standard one, and Draenor maps will have a slightly modified blight mixed exquisite set.

BOTH ToD AND BtDP HUMANS AND ORCS WILL BE REMADE

There are a lot of dead projects around, so what i did was get in touch with their makers and asking them if i could get material from their project. So far every response was kindly positive, so what i'll be doing will be trying to fuse the best between what i've got. Stormshock himself, @Helldoom, @Znoopy and also @viktor1995 have agreed. I will but take just a few stuff from them anyway; mostly some cinematic cut and right-working mechanic, like oil system(still very hard to figure out though) and maybe a decent armor/damage system.
    As for the global mechanics, it will be possible to select between "normal" and "enhanced" version at the beginning of each campaign.
    Normal mode will set the standard campaign playthrough, with common cinematics and briefings.
    Enhanced mode will show more lore-wise detailed scenes and will allow the player to choose few of the many factions to play the campaign with. Each nation/clan in this mode has their weakness and power, something less and something more compared to others, but their techtree won't be twisted like it was intended to be in my concept/ideas thread.
    This mode will also unlock selectable heroes and much more for BtDP.
    Below is a small set of images(like the ones from Znoopy) just to tease a little bit, and to give a kind of hint about "what lies and what may lie ahead".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (i know this is Lightbringer's face, not Greymane's, but the look is typical of his character, and the icon itself has a kind of a neutral aspect)

HOW WILL THE ORCISH HORDE REACT TO THE ALLIANCE STRATEGY? ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

2. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What's the difference between normal and enhanced? Will you play the same missions? Will you choose the faction or it will be selected depending on the map?

3. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In normal mode you play the same identical game as the original warcraft 2.
    Enhanced mode activates extra cinematics, selectable factions(you choose one throughout the entire campaign) and their advantages/weaknesses.

4. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And you play the whole campaign with same faction?

5. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes. It was the same in the original ToD. I don't see why it shouldn't be here as well.

6. WarcraftLiterature

WarcraftLiterature

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am loving the idea! There are a few remakes of Warcraft 2 around, but not one of them has this mode where you can pick a faction. In any way I can't wait to see how it's going to end.

7. mewgon2

mewgon2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will different factions have their unique models or just different stats? If it is the former, I have the following resources as a contribution for the project. They belong to paladinjst so give him the credit if you use them in the project. Keep up the goodwork;)
    Ps: They are Footman skins.

Attached Files:

8. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hey thanks. I've seen the skins but i'll think i will use something else i already have.

9. Supernickman 32

Supernickman 32

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finally, we will have qualitative remake of Wc2 ToD & BtP. I've been waiting for it, for years.

10. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is the most important project to come across the hive and has a go from all that have attempted it.

I pray this see completion. All 4 campaigns as opposed to your orig8nal 2 intent is more then anyone could ask for.

You and your team are our only hope to have a definitive edition of Warcraft 2. Do not lose drive no matter what life throws and keep everything backed up so hard drive death doesnt end the dreams of everyone that wishes to see this work come to fruition.

Blizzard has no love for their early games but you have lovingly presevered warcraft 1 and its enhanced mode. And hopefully we have warcraft 2 to longingly play again and again.

You deserve the millions blizzard would make just for adding these old games as an unoficcial wc3 expansion. But then across warcraft 3. Starcraft. TES ect its apparent that passionate dedicated modders preserve and keep games great decades later.

We will never get a game like warcraft 3 again but thanks to everyone on hive the game has at least 50 on par campaigns to the vanilla game.

Thank you so much for your past work and future work to come lordperenolde

11. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    And when do you expect to see this finished?

12. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
    If these get really well made I think Hive should host this project.

13. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How can i even determinate how long it will take?
    Have faith.

14. AnnaManiac

AnnaManiac

Resources:
    Resources:
    I BELIEVE!

15. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    updates?

16. All_Time_Pro

All_Time_Pro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This seems really cool! I can't wait to play some BETA maps!

17. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm texting the team now. First updates in the first week of August.

18. salvadorc17

salvadorc17

Resources:
    Resources:
    What are you missing in team, some extra help for map making?

19. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The team already did what they had to. The rest of the job comes to me. Like placing triggers, building ai, cinematics and so on. The problem is not time, as i can actually make time. The problem is that i have tons of things that are taking away my attention from the project. That's why I thought of the second half of july, where I'm in holiday and where I'd normally get bored when I'm home away from the fun and other things that concern a holiday time.
    Once i get started with that i might have enough data in a way that i can copy and paste it to other maps, so that the job would flow faster and easier.

20. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Are you saying the terrain mapping is already finished for all 4 campaigns?