• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft II:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Warcraft II: Return of the Horde

Inspired by Warcraft: Dawn of Chaos

I have been a great fan of the Warcraft Series, and have played everything from Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, to the Warcraft Trading Card game, and even WoW. I surfed the web looking for mods of WC3, and found the Dawn of Chaos. It gave me an idea, if they could recreate Warcraft I, why couldn't I recreate Warcraft II? I started the project as a Warcraft I mod, but soon abandoned it and started to recreate WCII. But lately, it has been merged into both. My intentions are to retell the stories of the First and Second Wars, everything from the Beginning of Orcs and Humans, to the End of Tides of Darkness. I intend to make this a team project, and will have openings for the following. I will be in charge of main Map Design, Main Concepts, the Script/Dialogue, Units & Structures, Upgrades, and a bit of Voice Acting.

Needed
Female Voice Actor
Cutscene Creator
Trigger Creator

Last edited:
Level 9
sounds interesting, the only thing that bugged me was the font size, a lil too big.

Level 2
Thank you for the offer, and I may use it as a reference (along with WCII) but I would like to do it without having a base, just from scratch. At the moment, I've been using existing models, especially the WCII Structure Models. The rules are pretty much the same as on most forums, so I'll give them credit when I release the 1-level "melee" demo soon.

Level 2

Map Design is coming along, at the moment the demo map is a recreation of the "Regent" map (not scripts) from Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, in which you can build and create only:

-Town Hall, Chicken Farm, Barracks, Lumber Mill
-Peasant, Footman, Elven Archer

The goal is simple, put a stop to the Orc base before they eliminate the town. You start with 2 Peasants, 1 Footman and an Elven Archer, along with either 'Sir Lothar' or 'Alleria Windrunner.'

Other updates: For the most part in the single player campaigns, Elven units can be trained at Human structures, such as the Barracks, and Trolls at the Orcs'. However, Elves and Trolls in some parts of the Campaign and in melee maps are separate, and are a full playable race. Elves use magic and archery, so Night Elves are ideal for a base. Trolls use cunning and voodoo, so the Undead would be a good start. Now a few other updates. Death Knights are finished, along with all of their spells, including Haste and Unholy Armor. Goblin Sappers are now Orc units, and the Eye of Kilrogg is coming along great.

ORCS VS. HUMANS
Ever since the very first Warcraft, Orcs and Humans have struggled for dominance. But what will the main differences between them be?

ORCISH HORDE

The Orcs deal with Death and Darkness. They are powerful beings that can cause chaos and destruction in less than a second. While they are powerful and destructive, they cannot compare to the humans when it comes to defense and heavenly magicks. Their Orc Grunts are powerful and ruthless, and deal more damage then Footmen, but have less armor and vision. Their Death Knights can empower their troops with Shadow Armor and eliminate the enemy armies with Raging Winds. Their power is nearly unrivaled on the battlefield, bested only by the tactical prowess of the Alliance.

HUMAN ALLIANCE

Humans command the powers of Light and Protection. The Humans have the best defensive troops, along with something essential...healers. They are very lawful and good, and while great guardians, cannot compare to the raw power that the Horde controls. Their Human Footmen are loyal and swift, they don better armor superior to Orcs, but have power and speed at a loss. Their Conjurers can help their troops sneak by undetected with Stealthy Magic and decimate the armies with Raining Shards. Their dedication goes untested on the fields of war, rivaled only by the foulest of daemons and Orcs.

Last edited:
Level 17
Thank you for the offer, and I may use it as a reference (along with WCII) but I would like to do it without having a base, just from scratch. At the moment, I've been using existing models, especially the WCII Structure Models. The rules are pretty much the same as on most forums, so I'll give them credit when I release the 1-level "melee" demo soon.
, I understand. If you need anything, just ask ;). This website is also a nice reverence for your mod http://www.wowwiki.com/Warcraft_II_units.

Level 2
Boogah. I finished the icons and descriptions, and you can expect a few screenies and a map soon. Anyways, I really need someone for my triggering, the map is done, except for the triggers, anyone want to help?

Level 17
Boogah. I finished the icons and descriptions, and you can expect a few screenies and a map soon. Anyways, I really need someone for my triggering, the map is done, except for the triggers, anyone want to help?
, please decrease the size of your texts. Why make icons for warcraft 2 when blizzard already made them? And why do you need Voice Actors for your map? Well good luck with it anyway, I just hope you're making this because you enjoy it cause it will cost you a hell of a time if you remake every piece of it.

Level 2
1. Text size will be changed in future posts.
2. What I meant was importing the Warcraft 2 Icons...
3. I want to bring a unique feel to the voices, being similar, but not direct rips.

Changing it around, it's a mix of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and Warcraft: Tides of Darkness. So, it starts with the defense of Grand Hamlet and ends with the closing of the Dark Portal. However, not all levels will be recreated, I got this idea from the "Fall of the Lion" campaign. That was my main inspiration.

Level 2
Main Map Design, Main Concepts, the Script/Dialogue, Units & Structures, Upgrades, and a bit of Voice Acting. I will be doing most of the voices. I'm learning modeling and such, so....yeah.

I no longer need: Modeler/Skinner, Advanced Map Design, Terrainer.
I still need: Trigger/Cutscene Creator, Voice Actor for Female Voices.

Also, I've abandoned the Troll Race. The Elves are a secondary race (using the Naga as a base, as they are for campaigns) and the other two races are the Brigands and the Legion.

Level 17
Changing it around, it's a mix of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and Warcraft: Tides of Darkness. So, it starts with the defense of Grand Hamlet and ends with the closing of the Dark Portal. However, not all levels will be recreated, I got this idea from the "Fall of the Lion" campaign. That was my main inspiration.............
..........Also, I've abandoned the Troll Race. The Elves are a secondary race (using the Naga as a base, as they are for campaigns) and the other two races are the Brigands and the Legion.
, I like that, this will make your map more original than if you'll do just a wacraft 2 remake. How will the battles be? (Will they be like warcraft 2 where units have less hit points or warcraft 3 like where units a lot of hit points?, or something else?)

Level 2
Update!

Hero System
Heroes are the champions of the battlefield, the leaders of the squad, the bravest and the boldest to join you on your journey. They come in all shapes and sizes, with unique abilities that seem as though the gods themselves gave them their powers. Heroes generally have a base unit, such as Lothar has a Knight, Khagdar has a Conjurer, Grom has a Grunt, Gul'dan a Warlock, Alleria a Ranger, and so on. However, their statistics will be enhanced and their abilities may be substantially different from their base unit.

Example:

{Conjurer}
Health: 80; Mana: 250; Speed: Medium; Attack: Magic, 12-16; Range: 20 Ft.; Armor: None;
Spells: Rain of Fire, Polymorph, Summon Scorpions, Summon Water Elemental

{Khagdar}-Hero-{Archmage}
Health: 125; Mana: 300; Speed: Slow; Attack: Magic, 18-24; Range: 25 Ft.; Armor: Small, 1;
Spells: Slow, Thunder Storm, Teleport, Flame Shield, Blizzard, Rain of Fire

Anyways, I have the demo nearly finished, still need someone for triggering, and the 'One-Level Demo' can be released!

Level 17
{Conjurer}
Health: 80; Mana: 250; Speed: Medium; Attack: Magic, 12-16; Range: 20 Ft.; Armor: None;
Spells: Rain of Fire, Polymorph, Summon Scorpions, Summon Water Elemental

{Khagdar}-Hero-{Archmage}
Health: 125; Mana: 300; Speed: Slow; Attack: Magic, 18-24; Range: 25 Ft.; Armor: Small, 1;
Spells: Slow, Thunder Storm, Teleport, Flame Shield, Blizzard, Rain of Fire
, summon water elemental, the most devasting spell in Warcraft 1, will it have the same model as that from wcr1? I like the hero system, but how do you get heroes? Do you train them?

Level 2
First off: Yeah, Conjurers have a similar model that resembles the WC1 Conjurer. And hero training....No, since heroes are only in campaigns (As far as you know.....) they will come by during missions to lead a helping hand. During the first level, you will command a new hero, Lyonel Stoutmoore, who is a fully upgraded Knight with the new Stealth ability. Alliance Heroes finished are:

King Llane Wrynn: Noble
Anduin Lothar: Lion Knight
Lyonel Stoutmoore: Assassin
Uther Lightbringer: Paladin
Khadgar: Elder Archmage
Alleria Windrunner: Ranger

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.