1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Medieval II: Total Warcraft [?!]

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by BloodStorm2262, Mar 2, 2008.

?

Do you own Medieval II: Total War?

1. Yes.

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. No.

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Plan on getting it.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Don't plan on getting it.

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BloodStorm2262

BloodStorm2262

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The Proposal...
    {Everything within this thread is subsequent to change if need-be}

A complete map of Azeroth (Warcraft) featuring over 50 regions (propably more around 70), 7 completely new "Races" spanning 8 Factions. This will feature a grand campaign and new custom battle maps, as well as hotseat gameplay. The timescale for the Grand Campaign is yet to be decided, and your input is certainly appreciated.

Races List...

Fullscale:
    Orc
    Human
    Night Elf
    Undead
    Blood Elf
    Dwarves
    Burning Legion [NPC]

Smallscale (1-4 Units):
    Bandits [Merc/Rebel]
    Tauren [Orc]
    Centaur [Merc/Rebel]
    Troll [Orc]
    Draenai [Night Elf]
    Gnomes [Dwarves]
    Murloc [Merc/Rebel
    Naga [Merc/Rebel]
    Chaos Orc [Burning Legion/Rebel]
    Goblins [Steamwheedle Cartel]

Factions List...
    The Alliance: Humans
    The Alliance: Night Elves
    The Alliance: Dwarves
    The Horde: Orcs
    The Horde: Forsaken
    The Horde: Blood Elves
    The Scourge (?)
    Steamwheedle Cartel
    The Burning Legion

Now what may happen is the broad factions listed now may be broken up into smaller more specific factions, for example... The Alliance: Humans may become Humans: Gilneas, Humans: Stormwind, Humans: Lordaeron, etc. This is most likely to happen if a second campaign is made highlighting a specific region.

My goal is to get together people from both the Medieval II: Total War modding community and the Warcraft 3 modding community and have them working together on this project. I need help mostly in Skinning, Modeling, Artwork, and I certainly will need help in the later stages with technical whatnot and coding as I have done little modding myself in Total War.

I am going to begin work on this project immediatly, doing as much as is possible for me to do alone.

If you are interested in this, want to see something I've done in the past, or wether you simply want to ask a question or you wish to help... Please don't be afraid to reply or PM me.

Attached Files:

2. Fluff

Fluff

Resources:
    Resources:
    So this a Medieval 2 mod, rather than a Warcraft map, correct?

If you have some progress made and a team of skilled modders, I may be able to help with some texturing work you need. Do you have a thread at TWCentre?

3. BloodStorm2262

BloodStorm2262

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
  4. BloodStorm2262

BloodStorm2262

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Due to lack of support atm, I'm going to convert this from my original plan into a much more realistic idea. I am going to recreate the Second War [Warcraft 2] between the Orcs and Humans using the Total War engine. This will entail having only 2 full scale races, and about 5 small scale races. I will though center on Warcraft 2's various factions instead of races in general, meaning there will be deep stories and goals behind each faction and I will be making them as unique as possible when it comes to play styles.