• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medieval II: Total Warcraft [?!]

Do you own Medieval II: Total War?

• Yes.

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • No.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Plan on getting it.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Don't plan on getting it.

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
The Proposal...
{Everything within this thread is subsequent to change if need-be}

A complete map of Azeroth (Warcraft) featuring over 50 regions (propably more around 70), 7 completely new "Races" spanning 8 Factions. This will feature a grand campaign and new custom battle maps, as well as hotseat gameplay. The timescale for the Grand Campaign is yet to be decided, and your input is certainly appreciated.

Races List...

Fullscale:
Orc
Human
Night Elf
Undead
Blood Elf
Dwarves
Burning Legion [NPC]

Smallscale (1-4 Units):
Bandits [Merc/Rebel]
Tauren [Orc]
Centaur [Merc/Rebel]
Troll [Orc]
Draenai [Night Elf]
Gnomes [Dwarves]
Murloc [Merc/Rebel
Naga [Merc/Rebel]
Chaos Orc [Burning Legion/Rebel]
Goblins [Steamwheedle Cartel]

Factions List...
The Alliance: Humans
The Alliance: Night Elves
The Alliance: Dwarves
The Horde: Orcs
The Horde: Forsaken
The Horde: Blood Elves
The Scourge (?)
Steamwheedle Cartel
The Burning Legion

Now what may happen is the broad factions listed now may be broken up into smaller more specific factions, for example... The Alliance: Humans may become Humans: Gilneas, Humans: Stormwind, Humans: Lordaeron, etc. This is most likely to happen if a second campaign is made highlighting a specific region.

My goal is to get together people from both the Medieval II: Total War modding community and the Warcraft 3 modding community and have them working together on this project. I need help mostly in Skinning, Modeling, Artwork, and I certainly will need help in the later stages with technical whatnot and coding as I have done little modding myself in Total War.

I am going to begin work on this project immediatly, doing as much as is possible for me to do alone.

If you are interested in this, want to see something I've done in the past, or wether you simply want to ask a question or you wish to help... Please don't be afraid to reply or PM me.

Attachments

• totalwarcraft1dg9.jpg
    totalwarcraft1dg9.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 577
Level 4
So this a Medieval 2 mod, rather than a Warcraft map, correct?

If you have some progress made and a team of skilled modders, I may be able to help with some texturing work you need. Do you have a thread at TWCentre?

Level 8
Due to lack of support atm, I'm going to convert this from my original plan into a much more realistic idea. I am going to recreate the Second War [Warcraft 2] between the Orcs and Humans using the Total War engine. This will entail having only 2 full scale races, and about 5 small scale races. I will though center on Warcraft 2's various factions instead of races in general, meaning there will be deep stories and goals behind each faction and I will be making them as unique as possible when it comes to play styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.