• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Azeroth - Total War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm sure loads of you have heard of the total war games. They are very strategic games with a campaign mode, where you try to take over the world. I for one played Rome - Total War a lot and thoroughly enjoyed it. Recently I had a wonderful idea - why not make a total war game for wc3 that's set in Azeroth!

This campaign will include a world map level, with various cities around the world, well-known WoW towns. The regions will be as they are in WoW (but no Outlands) - Darkshore, Felwood, Moonglade, Tanaris, Silithus, Badlands, Western/Eastern Plaguelands etc, each with their respective main towns/outposts to take over. Also included will be a terrain-based menu screen, allowing you to load your game / start new ones very easily.

The aim of the game will be to take over at least 20 cities/towns/outposts, which must include Orgrimmar and Ironforge. The 'factions' or races playable will be Dwarves, Gnomes, Humans, Night Elves, Draenai, Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Undead and Blood Elves. Each will start with their respective capital cities, and Dwarves and Gnomes will be bound at the beginning (like the romans in Rome - Total War), as will the Orcs and Trolls. Each Race will have unique soldiers, though they will, of course, be very balanced, each race with cavalry units, such as Tauren Kodo Riders, Night Elven Huntresses, Humans on Horseback, Undead riding Skeletal Mounts etc.

I hope to include some great terrain showpieces in this project, from the icy hills of Winterspring, to the barrens deserts of Tanaris, to the tropical jungles of Starnglethorn Vale, which each will be a seperate map inside the campaign. I am, at the moment, not a very good terrainer, but I hope creating this campaign will improve my skills. I am a very good JASS system designer and I also hope to include some great systems, like a town layout auto-generator which will be needed to generate the maps for those great city siege battles.

Unlike the Total War series, I also want to include sea battles, maybe in the style of the popular wc3 Battleships mods.

As is obvious, this project is going to require a lot of custom models, from giant stone walls and gateways, to massive palaces, to average houses, to just a lot of units. I will not request these models yet, as the campaign is still in early stages of development, but if you have or have seen a model which you think will fit into my project, please PM me.

Happy modding!

Status
Not open for further replies.