• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer War of the Old World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Inspired by some guy i decided to make a warhammer styled map. Ive just started making the terrain and we'll see how far it gets (perhaps il even finish it lol)

The map will be spawn based like the Battle for Middle Earth games on Warcraft. Instead of the basic using of both The Old world and the New World i decided to focus on the Old World, including Bad Lands and the South Lands.
Spawn points will also be captureable and will then spawn units according to the race that owns the spawn. (Dont know if this feature will stay as the game progresses.

Races:
Empire
Brettonnia
Wood Elves
Skaven
Dwarves
Vampire Counts
Orcs & Goblins
Chaos Dwarves
Tomb Kings
Araby
Dogs Of War (Tilea and Estalia)
Ogres

Most races start with 3 cities or spawning points. Furthermore there are many neutral holds ready for capturing. In total there will be well over 50 spawn points.

Every races will have their strategies and weakneses, and one will be far harder to play (but perhaps more rewarding) then the other.

Its still in a very early stage and alot of things can/will be changed as the project goes on. Perhaps it will even turn out to be something different then spawn based.

More Screenies will be posted.

Attachments

• x Warhammer War of the Old World 1.jpg
    x Warhammer War of the Old World 1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 5,235
Last edited:
Level 31
Yeah, sure. I released all my Rat models, so you can use them. If there is any other models in my gallery you want, tell me and I'll give you one.

General Frank's models would work well to, like his new Dwarf Warrior model. Dion and Mechanical man also are fans of Warhammer, and both have made some models, so those would be helpful.

http://hilton.vs.oiccam.com/showthread.php?t=83416
Mdx squisher, to save space. You can run a model through it about 3 times and it'd still look good.

Level 31
Araby is not part of the Empire, what the hell are you smoking? Araby is to far south and east to be even close to it. Bretonia, Tila, and Estala are all inbetween them, and Araby is distictly differnt. And the Empire and Araby have fought eachother at least once.

I think your thinking of Kislev.

Level 3
Sorry, but I have to argue about a few things...
This is a great injustice !!! you put a race that is barley mentioned in the Warhammer world (Araby, wtf? just heard about in 1 costum scenario in a old edition of Wight Dwarf... unapproved race btw...), and you didn't put up the Dark Elves and Kislev (who ARE part of the old world...). If you have problems like for locating them, if you have red ANY story in the big fat Warhammer rule book (if you are making the map according to the tabletop game) to the you would see the Dark elves come to the old world to pillage, kidnap people, get slaves... blah blah blah
And, one rly important thing... where the hell are Chaos and Beastman (part of the old world too!)?

Criticisms appart... It's good to have a Warhammer inspired map ^^
Keep up the good work...
not that I want to disencourage you :p hehe
(p.s.: Go go Dark Elves !!!!!!!!)

Level 9
Lets see, i wanted to add kislev but then again i need to replace it with some other important race without disbalancing the game. Beastmen wont be there, they will be replaced with ohres to stop chaos dwarves from imbaness.
reason: cant add them there is simply not enough space for their bases. Chaos. There bases aint in the old world. perhaps il drop khemri and araby and then add chaos and kislev, then il have to remake to remake the map. but i didnt progress very far. so vote for it.
considerering DE i wanted a game without the over popular high and dark elves do bring light to the lesser popular races of warhammer.

And no i have never read a white dwarf. i just visit the site every once in a while.

Currently the progress is very slow, i had some important tests last week, had to do alot of basketballing and on top of that my grandpa died two days ago :(

Level 3
Chaos. There bases aint in the old world.
Sorry 2 disagree, but chaos IS allover the world (old and even in the new one), It's correct that the strongholds are at the top (and bottom) of the world, but, they are allover, the same as beastman

perhaps il drop khemri and araby and then add chaos and kislev...
That woud be a great idea, but you will piss-off al those khemri-lovers... :-/
True that kislev and chaos are far-more popular

Why the hell use a non-approved race (pfff... senseless-use chaos dwarfs and not use chaos) instead of one far more interesting (beastman)

reason: cant add them there is simply not enough space for their bases.
Well, that's a good reason I guess .... :wbored:

Anyway, suit yourself, just get it on working !
:wthumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.