• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer Fantasy Risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Started on a risk map a few days ago, been playing with the idea of making one for a while and just decided to give it a go.

The map is based on the Warhammer Fantasy game, and after finding a Warhammer map decided I will have most of the Old World, the chaos wastes, ulthuan, Naggaroth and whatever parts of Lustria I can fit in after I'm done.

Gameplay is normal risk (starts with random number of provinces, and have to conquer the world)

What I have made:

-The Empire (10 provinces) (considering dividing it into 2 regions)
-Kislev (3 provinces)
-Norsca (6 provinces)
-The Chaos Wastes (divided into eastern and western of 4-5 provinces each)
-Marienburg (2 provinces)
-Sylvania (2 provinces)
-Albion (3 provinces)

And finished 47 custom units.

And this is what I plan to make:

-Brettonnia
-Ulthuan
-Naggaroth (most likely will be divided)
-Tilea
-Possibly Border Princes, or they will go to Tilea and Estalia regions.
-Estalia
-The Badlands
-Lustria as far south as I can get.
-Possibly Araby if I got room.

I'm not entirely sure how many extra units I will have to make, but total amount will most likely be at least a hundred.

Each area would naturally have a lot of unique units, and of varying sizes.

Also, I plan to implement a "Realms" mode where each players chooses a single faction to play as (the empire, norsca, chaos, etc). In this I will plan to balance between regions more, so that The Empire wont just take Sylvania and Marienburg immediately for example.

I'll also make (in the Realms mode) that when you capture foreign provinces, you won't be able to recruit all units from them (with some exceptions, like Marienburg/TheEmpire/Kislev), but instead the units that might have been for hire (everything in Tilea, for example) and 1 basic, weak unit from your own faction (Slave for chaos, Auxilary Levy for The Empire, Zombie for Sylvania, etc)

It will also remove the normal way of taking provinces (step into circle of power) and instead you have to get its hp down to 500 or something like that.

Also would possibly unlock some super units (greater daemons of chaos, heroes, etc) and have more diplomacy (trade deals and such).

Screenshots (Note, these were made before The Empire, Marienburg and Sylvania were added so you cannot see that landmass in the minimap):

Albion
AlbionScreenshot.jpg

Western Chaos Wastes
ChaosWastesScreenshot.jpg

Chaos Gate (In Western Chaos Wastes))
ChaosGateScreenshot.jpg

Norsca
Norscascreenshot.jpg

Kraka Drak (In Norsca)
KrakaDrakScreenshot.jpg

WH%20Risk%20Screens

Status