• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kingdoms at War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
This is the map I'm currently working on. It will be strategic with a world map and provinces which can be taken over. Every province has a population which pays 1g per inhabitant. The population is displayed as the mana of the Province. e.g: 13/25 means that 13 people live in that province out of max. of 25. Every round the inhabitants of a players province will pay their taxes and with a 33% chance the population will increase by 1. Then you can hire soldiers at that province, where every soldier needs to be taken off the population and has to be paid a small wage. Players can take over provinces to increase the Greatness of their Kingdom. Every round players receive Action Points, which are very important to win. Action Points are needed to take over Provinces and move armies over great distances, as well as use special skills of units, which are vital for victory. Players will have to choose between 3-5 different races, with different units and strengths, and one special skill, which will give an important bonus to their game, e.g. Treasury Master gives additional taxes, overpopulate gives a higher birth-rate and Call of Duty reduces the wages you have to pay your units. At the moment the game is 70% finished and I hope to finish it soon.

Here are a few screenshots of the terrain, which is 80% finished (tell me what you think of it, Circles of Power are Provinces):

Last edited:
Level 10
1. You will have Races to choose from
2. You will have Action Points which are needed for all kinds of actions
3. 'Countries' have a population. Training soldiers will have to be paid and taken off the population. This means you have to have a big pop. to have big army, and if your soldiers just die away, so does your income and pop.
4. There will be more modes, like Ritual mode, where a city has a sacred artifact in it, and owning the city will give Ritual Points. And the first player to get enough Points wins with the power of gods, as well as democracy mode, in which a team wins, when they have more population then all others.

Level 10
alliances are of course going to be included, i mean what kind of game would this be were you can't ally? allying can be disabled by host, but is on by default. all players will only be able to ally 1 player at a time to prevent people from making to big teams, or the host can choose to make two big alliances of 6v6. trading system i didn't think of yet, but it could be possible for me to add a system where different cities have different resources...

Level 10
hmmm i would love to see other building types, but i dont know where to find doodads that are small enough and fit into the scenery...if anyone knows, post link please
the terrain indeed is small and is supposed to be that way, since the units sizes are reduced by about 30%-40% to fit into it and give a feeling of the world being bigger than it is. also with tighter spaces the massing of units is to be discouraged.
atm i am pausing my work for about 3 days, since i need to update my old map Historic Wars

Level 10
Alright, after several days of not working on this map, I am proud to say, that the terrain is 100% finished, as is the world map for the map. It has ~50 Provinces, and 13 Islands, varying strongly in size. I also decided, to reduce the number of units per race, but instead increase number of special units and races. Also army sizes will be from 5 to 25 units, to keep battles clean and giving the ability to have more control. Units will progress in level and get stronger, giving the game a 'don't let your units die' element, since experienced units will overpower new units easily. A special Machine is in the middle which will be used in the Apocalypse-Mode. It contains the imprisoned Goddess of War, and owning it will enable the player to release her, given that he owns it long enough, which will result in Victory for that player, given the Apocalypse-Mode is on.

New Screenshot: World Map
New Screenshot: Apocalypta

Last edited:
Level 10
I got a bit of a dilemma here, I can't decide what kind of system I am supposed to use...
1.) Hire units from Provinces of the Population
2.) Build special buildings, that spawn specific units every round
3.) Every province spawns a unit, depending on the province

Please consider these options, they will greatly impact on the game play. I currently am thinking about option 2, but the other ones seem good too.

Level 10
Alright, update on the game:
1. 2 Races are finished: The Human Empire and the Dwarven Kingdom
2. The game is playable, but not complete
3. Units will spawn by system 2

Infos on the 2 races:
Humans
-The human race is a rather weak race compared to other races
-It makes up its lack in force with the strongest Leadership in game
-It has incredible support units, better than any other race
-Relies strongly on the use of Leader, Healer and Supporter Units
-Units: Soldier, Archer, Knight, Healer, Mage, Lieutenant, High Priest, Prophet

Dwarves
-Dwarves are technologically the most advanced race and use machines
-They are tough to kill with higher HP and Armour than other races
-They have elite units like Flamers and Snipers, which are extremely strong
-Dwarves are unable of casting magic and don't rely much on leadership
-They got strong units, but no supporters, healers or leaders
-Units: Thunder Trooper, Axe Thrower, Sniper, Flamer, War Wagon, Mortar Team

Last edited:
Level 10
im sorry to announce that work on this map has been canceled, as it was fundamentally flawed and rather boring. instead me and my Clan, Clan AoM @ US West are working on a promising project named Eternal Tournaments, a map like WoW Arena, and the first Open Arena to be made, with unique game-play.

Status
Not open for further replies.