1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Warcraft 2 campaign (reforged)

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by ShadiHD, Jun 18, 2020.

1. ShadowGamerXXX

ShadowGamerXXX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wish you the best of luck, at least they will make Reforge less abhorrent to many people (which is ENOUGH), every time I think about it more, but I get excited... but then I get depression, because I know I don't own Reforge for certain... "Reasons"

2. ShadiHD

ShadiHD

Resources:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    I'm glad you liked the voice acting, yes of course you'll see the accent, but I think it's an added flavor hahaha, I was happy to realize that I share a similar voice to the original narrator, and I'll voice a lot of characters and units alongside the rest of the team..

as for the scope of the project, you're right, a lot of people fall under the heel of their hubris and ambitions, but luck is in our side, most of the work is laid out, models and storywise, we have a plan, we have an outline and we know exactly the road and the expected time to finish, so keep your eyes and ears on alert!

3. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    awesome! I hope the models will be published I would definitely have use for them in my future "Actually Reforged" campaign like Cry of the Warsong and such

I wish I could donate but I'm poor :(

4. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wish you the best of luck, guys!

5. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This project seems to be full of lofty ambitions, but I very much hope you are able to pull it off! The assets shown in the trailer are a great hook and I'm very eager to see more. I've seen the other resources uploaded by the artists contributing to this project and I'm really delightfully surprised with the quality that I've seen. I don't doubt that you will be able to maintain the same standard as you progress through this project! I want to echo the sentiments of others in this thread and encourage you to prioritize the features that will present a playable experience over the smaller supplementary features that only add a superficial level of polish. Regardless of what you are or are not able to accomplish, I hope your team gets a lot of enjoyment from working on it and I hope you keep us in the loop as you get more done!

6. ShadiHD

ShadiHD

Resources:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    thank you all for your kind support, yes I'm fully aware of past screw ups and project drop-outs, but believe when I say this, no amount of work that was put into this project will go to waste

7. antontama

antontama

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Watching thread closely, @ShadiHD, you are awesome with all that work done!

8. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is rather exciting. Everything shown so far looks fantastic! Honestly, even if the project never sees the light of day, all of those Reforged assets provided by the team to the community already suffice to put a smile on my face. I'm a sucker for faction-specific variations on basic units. :)

I wish you the best of luck and am looking forward to seeing more of this kick-ass project!

9. Standhaft

Standhaft

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds super cool. I really enjoyed the video (which was what alerted me to the project). Do you plan on sharing the custom models and stuff for others to use? Making a map with the different kingdoms models sounds awesome fun.

10. Goffterdom

Goffterdom

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really loved the video presentation, and I can't wait for the Orcish ones.

Warcraft 2 is my first video game and I'm really eager to play a campaign with the Warcraft 3 standards, with the Reforged graphics (and the amazing graphic work you seem to be doing).

I remember a vibrant cast of characters and many different factions and I can only imagine how awesome it is to re-invent the Warcraft 2 campaigns with the current tools (and years of gaming experience).

Keep up the good work, I'm freaking eager to the rest of your work.

GG, GL HF!

11. Standhaft

Standhaft

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hadn't really thought about this (because orcs suck!), but as many WoW expansions have shown us from Burning Crusade to Warlords of Draenor, there is actually a lot of aesthetic range for the orcs depending on their clans, magic, armour, etc.

Honestly, something I've always thought would be good is some variety among grunts. I don't know if it can be done using the WC3 engine, but unlike the human footman counterpart, the orcs are more rag-tag and so should come out with various helmets, no helmet, axes, swords, maces, shields, etc. (Only being different visually, still having all the same stats, and still being recognizably grunts.)

However, that's probably more work than it is worth. Especially for this project. It would be cool enough just to see different models for different clans in certain cases.

12. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:

check out the various Orc Grunts here:

Skins | HIVE
    Models | HIVE

13. Standhaft

Standhaft

Resources:
    Resources:
    What's the difference between models and skins?

At first I thought you forgot to link, but then I realised those model/skin links were not in your signature. However, are you just telling me to search for orc skins/models?

14. Goffterdom

Goffterdom

Resources:
    Resources:
    It could be done way easier within Reforged using the "skin" feature.

You could have like 4 different grunt skins and give trained grunts a random one on spawn.

But yeah, it sounds like a lot of work for no other benefits than visuals.

15. Standhaft

Standhaft

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I think that's what I meant, but I am not sure if I understand the difference between skins and models. However, I have seen this done in other games such as Dawn of War 1 with Imperial Guardsmen squads.

16. Goffterdom

Goffterdom

Resources:
    Resources:
    I meant "skin" as the new Reforged feature, not "skin" as texture recoloring.

"Custom skins" (downloadable here) are just a modification of the texture applied to a model.

"Custom models" is a custom 3D models with or without custom textures (skin).

"Reforged Skin" is the ability (in the Editor) to switch a unit cosmetics (icon, sound, model etc.) for another one while preserving the previous unit gameplay data.

These "Reforged Skins" could be used to have a grunt army which is similar in terms of gameplay but have several model variations.

17. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    also will there be some extra interludes? like Alleria begging Anasterian to help the Alliance of Lordaeron, the Alteraci Pirates kidnapping Uther, and the Alliance of Lordaeron holding Aiden Perenolde on trial?

I apologize, here's more direct links of cool Orcish custom models from different people

High Overlord Varok Saurfang
    Mok'nathal chaman
    Mok'Nathal Warrior (3 variations)
    Shattered Hand grunt
    Kargath Bladefist
    Laughing Skull Grunt
    Mogor
    Warsong grunt
    Shadowmoon Grunt
    Ner'zhul reforged (green and mag'har skin)
    Dragonmaw Grunt
    Thunderlord Grunt
    Frostwolf grunt
    Bonechewer Grunt
    Twilight Hammer Grunt
    Blackrock Grunt (reforged)
    Blackrock peon (reforged)
    Blackrock Warlock (reforged)
    Warchief Orgrim Doomhammer (reforged)
    Ogrim Doomhammer Young Reforged
    Kilrogg Deadeye (Reforged)
    Orc Spearthrowers Pack Reforged
    Orc Clan Banners Reforged
    Orc Weapon Rack
    Orc Blacksmith Reforged
    Reforged Second War Orc Deathknight
    WC2 Altar of Storms Reforged
    Orc Temple of the Damned Reforged
    Troll Lumber Mill Reforged
    Ogre Mound and Derivatives Reforged
    Spiked Barricade Reforged

18. anduin lothar

anduin lothar

Resources:
    Resources:
    will this need reforge to play?

19. Standhaft

Standhaft

Resources:
    Resources:
  20. Thaddoam

Thaddoam

Resources:
    Resources:
    Act III is when you actually play as Lordaeron, and you'll see that the faction color is white.

[​IMG]