• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Warcraft 2: The remake

Level 10
UPDATE ON ORC CAMPAIGN:
It turns out if i use the "militia conversion" mechanic as i originally planned to (in order to temporarly sacrifice a Peon for a Spy run that would last 60 seconds before turning back to a Peon again) the Peon will no longer build structures??
I remember running into a similar issue in an old project.

You can try adding the structures to the Spy's build menu, and it should work. Don't worry, he won't actually be able to build stuff. The 'Call to Arms' ability appears to be hard-coded this way.

Level 20
I remember running into a similar issue in an old project.

You can try adding the structures to the Spy's build menu, and it should work. Don't worry, he won't actually be able to build stuff. The 'Call to Arms' ability appears to be hard-coded this way.
Sorry, i wasn't entirely accurate: The Peon is able to build structures, but when prompted to do so, he will stop at the targeted building point, "canceling" the order, somehow. Like, you order to build a barracks, place it, <bam> "okey dokey", walks there, arrives, stops.
Also, the converted Spy is supposed to have the "ghost" ability, but it doesn't, while it does have it when converted through sacrifice.

Level 20
yeah, that's the same issue i had. In my case, adding the structures to my 'militia' unit worked for me!
You mean that a Militia in your case is given structures to build? Well, spies aren't supposed to be able to build structures in my case. UNLESS you mean that they can but you script them to hide their structures tab?

Level 10
the militia had the same 'structures built' list as the peasant. But war3 itself hard-codes 'Call to Arms' (and any abilities based on it) so that the militia can't build regardless of if there are structures in its build menu or not.

You can verify this yourself. If you look in the Object Editor, the standard Militia lists the human structures in his 'Structures Built' field, but of course in-game he cannot build anything.

Level 20
You can verify this yourself. If you look in the Object Editor, the standard Militia lists the human structures in his 'Structures Built' field, but of course in-game he cannot build anything.
I shall definitely check this out and if this will make it work, man, you saved my life!(or at least my brain xD)
The only problem to solve would then be the not working "ghost" ability. That's probably part of the hardcode too, suppressing any ability?

Level 3
Well, there are lots of other ways to modify units, at least permamently: obsidian statue's sphinx or druids shapshifting. Or even replasing with triggers in some extreme case...

Level 20
the militia had the same 'structures built' list as the peasant. But war3 itself hard-codes 'Call to Arms' (and any abilities based on it) so that the militia can't build regardless of if there are structures in its build menu or not.

So, this actually worked, but i realized that a worker unit has to have exactly the same abilities as the counterpart converted into Militia otherwise they won't transfer between units. In my case, a Peon should have Ghost, Sabotage(which is an alternate version of Frost Breath on buildings), plus two buttons for Basic and Advanced structure tabs, and a Peon can't obviously be permanently invisible by itself, nor have "Shadow Step"(an alternative version of Wind Walk which i created specifically for Spies, which makes them invisible for 15 seconds without backstab or bonus speed) because it already has the slots busy for Pillage and Ensnare(ground units only), an ability which i kept giving and removing as i was getting more ideas for the Bleeding Hollow techtree.
Anyway, in the end i created a separate trainable unit as for the Spy, with said abilities.

Speaking again about the Bleeding Hollow, i created a new aerial unit for them. Wanted to give itShadow Walk to allow them some stealth superiority, but I didn't know that Shadow Walk forces an aerial unit to "walk"(it flies but can't traverse obstacles or water lol). :goblin_wtf: I'll have to think about something else.
Apart from what i said above, i didn't manage to find a 1.28f version of Warcraft 3. I found but a 1.27 with the editor ver.6059(which is the one i've always used for the project) so i'm back working on it.

EDIT: or if you're talking about the campaign release, it's out already.

Last edited:
Level 20
Sorry for being out of touch. I haven't stopped working on the Orc Campaign. Tests are finally over and release is expected for Tuesday afternoon.
There is a lot i need to explain about it, as I will also release an updated version of the Human Campaign. See you soon.

EDIT: Unfortunately I'm missing a final important component and the release will be delayed hopefully for next week. Sorry.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hello LordPerenoldeII,

I just finished playing through the Haman Tides of Darkness campaign - I found it very enjoyable and really liked the extra dimension the expanded campaign option added! One thing I did experience in Mission V. Tol Barard on the expansion campaign once the blue peasants arrive they cannot build a shipyard... is this on purpose? I was still able to win as the reinforcements came with two battleships and transport ships but it it did make the mission very difficult. I am suing Warcraft III v 1.27 if that helps.

Also will we see the next amazing part of your campaign come out next week?

Level 20
One thing I did experience in Mission V. Tol Barard on the expansion campaign once the blue peasants arrive they cannot build a shipyard... is this on purpose? I was still able to win as the reinforcements came with two battleships and transport ships but it it did make the mission very difficult.
Once you build a Town Hall with the blue Peasants, the red ones should get their own techtree available again, including naval structures. Blue Peasants are not supposed to be able to build Shipyard, so that's fine.
Also will we see the next amazing part of your campaign come out next week?
Hopefully🤞

Thank you for your feedback!:peasant-thumbs-up-cheers:

Level 3
Hello Again LordPerenoldeII,

I just wanted to ask for some help or guidance please on act 2 chapter 3 Grim Battol - I am playing on expansion mode (the best mode in my opinion :) )

I've go to the point where I destroy the orc base and need to build a shipyard but the red peasants can't seem to build it. The icons to build the shipyard are not there at all! I built all the land buildings but this still didn't unlock the ability to build ships. I can see some broken shipyards nearby but can't seem to repair or use them (error saying you can't repair debris).

Have I missed something? I can't seem to complete the mission without ships... I am using Warcraft III v 1.27 if that helps.

Level 20
Hello Again LordPerenoldeII,

I just wanted to ask for some help or guidance please on act 2 chapter 3 Grim Battol - I am playing on expansion mode (the best mode in my opinion :) )

I've go to the point where I destroy the orc base and need to build a shipyard but the red peasants can't seem to build it. The icons to build the shipyard are not there at all! I built all the land buildings but this still didn't unlock the ability to build ships. I can see some broken shipyards nearby but can't seem to repair or use them (error saying you can't repair debris).

Have I missed something? I can't seem to complete the mission without ships... I am using Warcraft III v 1.27 if that helps.
Hello. A text informing you of a mission tab update should have popped up. Anyway no, you can't build any naval stuff in the Enhanced mode of that map but instead you need to train Demo Squads to break through a section of the mountains to the south in order to attack Grim Batol via ground.
If you're wondering, the amount of gold in the expansion mine gets "transferred" to the one in the mainland(although I need some other way to let players know about this detail) to make up for the impossibility of reaching the island in Enhanced Mode.
The only problem with breaking through the rocks is that you'll need to squeeze the Demo Squads against them as much as possible, otherwise the explosion won't destroy them. Try rotating the visual to increase the effectiveness of the "squeezing".

Level 20
Sorry for being out of touch. I haven't stopped working on the Orc Campaign. Tests are finally over and release is expected for Tuesday afternoon.
There is a lot i need to explain about it, as I will also release an updated version of the Human Campaign. See you soon.

EDIT: Unfortunately I'm missing a final important component and the release will be delayed hopefully for next week. Sorry.
Sorry everyone. I said it would have taken a week or so, and now that i'm back for updates I noticed that exactly ONE MONTH has passed since then!:peasant-shocked:
I just managed to gather the remaining components I needed(had to sort it out myself). I shall run some final tests, wrap it up and release in the next 24 hours top.:peasant-waving:
EDIT: Orc campaign released. New update to the Human Campaign also released.

Last edited:
Level 20
Updates to the campaign, I ask becuase I just re-downloaded them.
Further updates won't come out till the secret campaigns are complete. I'm adding some new units, balancing stuff, gathering new models and correcting maps as well. The problem is I'm also being very busy with my job, along with other hobbies too. Orc campaign plot was hard to develop, and it drew me back off the most. After I managed to get new ideas to fully develop it, I went further with the works, nevetheless it's difficult to keep up with.

Level 20
Since the main project has been released and completed I updated the main post. Here's the modified part.
Warcraft II Tides of Darkness Remake
IS COMPLETE AND AVAILABLE

Warcraft II Beyond The Dark Portal Remake
IS ON HOLD

It's been quite several years now. Took longer than expected and yet, despite the original Warcraft 2 Campaigns have been successfully remade, this is but half-way till the end of the journey, as the expansion has yet to see its start. The reason is

PROJECT IS NOW FOCUSED ON
SECRET ToD Remake CAMPAIGNS

Featuring the Nations of Alterac and Gilneas

There are still few minor bugs. Unfortunately I had to rely mostly on myself for the beta-testing of the Enhanced Orc Campaign, and I was lucky I had some help for its Normal Mode.
Fixes for said imperfections will be released along with the Secret Campaigns, and the update will also include new units, some added abilities and several adjustments on some maps.

The rest of the post is the same as before, with the panels describing the Clans and Nations, along with stats summarizing their distinctive gameplay traits.
Head back to page 1 if you wish to read it again. ;)

Level 20
Hello everybody and a belated Merry Christmas and festivities to all! Sorry for my long absence. I have some news to all of you and this is going to be a (black)rocking post.
First off let me tell you all that this winter time has gotten already taxing for me, as work got increasingly busy and will stay this high till new year's eve and slightly beyond. Will try to stay on track but spare time is short, and I also have other stuff in life to keep on track with.
I had a sudden fault on my laptop some few months ago, and I had to send it in assistance. Unfortunately I also had to erase all data in the process but fortunately I've been able to back it all up. Yet it took me a while to reprise the backlogs.

There were supposed to be some major updates within the Secret Campaigns release. There are but some imperfections in the actual campaigns plus some new ideas and I've decided to work on them and release it now. You'll find everything down below in the patch log, and as you'll see it's something I really couldn't wait for!
The hardest part is that I have the project split in 4 campaigns files: 2 standard campaigns and 2 extended campaigns where I have the work in progress of the secret campaigns. The problem is that when I need to update something(especially for this final update) I need to do it twice: one time on the original and one time on the expanded version, and this is a time-consuming factor which causes some annoyance, as you can imagine.

Also, I've been tinkering on these alterations for quite a while over the past few months, time to time & baby steps. The list of updates may not be full, but only a few elements may have been left unmentioned. Apologies in advance.

COSMETIC CHANGES

• Changed Dragons Fireball attack model with the one I originally had from the project Rebirth. This one has a sparkling effect upon hit like the Gryphons' one. Same model has been set to the Fireball spell.
  • Swapped Gryphons/Dragons target effects' Death animation with Stand, so that the "clap" happens upon impact and hence without abnormal delay. Also, replaced the "clap" sound with the original fire explosion from Warcraft 2.
  • Added new models for Doomhammer, Turalyon, Khadgar(from Tauer) and Lord Perenolde(Khadgar_Young by Stefan.K) with due credits.
  • Added portraits for Gryphons and Black Tooth Grin Ogres. Gryphons' portraits have a bit of static lips when talking, and Ogres' portraits bug a bit(play not corresponding talking animations) due to the 2-headed Ogre voiceset, but they're both cool nevertheless.
  • Fixed tooltips for subfactions Mage Towers not displaying the correct name of mages to be trained.
  • Added a new skin for Dragons. This one looks even more like the one seen in Warcraft 2.
  • Added a new model for Death & Decay effect. This one looks more like the "boiling" effect seen in Warcraft 2. Also added a customized debuff effect for said spell.

GENERAL CHANGES

• All artillery units(except cannons) "small damage AoE" increased from 70 to 100.
  • Some maps show some excessive text croppings within their Subfaction Unit list tabs, so I made some fixes to make them readable.
  • All AoE spells should now work correctly, being able to damage building and units(friendly or enemy) alike, with Monsoon and Mana Storm only able to attack enemy units.
  • The "Khaboom!" ability couldn't target walls. Fixed. Also, damage increased by 410(total 810). In this way it should one-shot Farms like in the original game. Farms with Upgraded Masonry may still survive a blast.
  • Silver Halo and Healing Salve visual effects were accidentally swapped between each other. Fixed.
  • Added firing sound to the Ballista model.
  • Unholy Armor removed from Enhanced Mode. The spell is scripted and thus can't be dispelled nor spell-stolen. The "remade" version of Exorcism, though, may dispel the buff, but the script will still keep the spell active till its duration.
  • Added wc2 sound for Runes cast, Shipyard and Eye/Ward of Killrogg cast. Also, by popular demand: "I got the flying machine!".
  • Due to the fact that Stromgarde can no longer build Cannon Towers from this patch, all the Orc maps which feature them have their Cannon Towers swapped with Guard Towers.
  • Human maps 5 and 6 now have Black Tooth Grin Guard Towers swapped with Goblin Towers.
  • Enemy Lordaeron or Black Tooth Grin subfactions will have their signature Masonry/Barricades upgrades researched according to how far you are progressing in the campaign.

MAP CHANGES

• Reworked rogue prisoners mechanic in Enhanced human map "The Prisoners". Now the attacking Peasants will not turn into neutral, nor hostile, but will periodically engage player's units whilst remaining "friendly" and will count towards the required number for map completion objective.
  • Reworked cinematic in human intro map1. Human coastal town is now black teamcolored. Instead of depicting an orcish onslaught on a doomed human outpost, now the scene will better portrait what the narrator mentions as for "orcish marauders raiding coastal towns", showing a Gilneas outpost struggling with defenses, yet about to receive backup from a nearby party of Footmen.
  • Reduced number of Footmen in human intro map2 to reflect the starting force of Enhanced Human map2. Same done on Enhanced Human map6, adding two Stromgardian Footmen joining Turalyon and the newly acquired Knight on their way to the Dun Algaz outpost.
  • Enemy tankers weren't gathering oil in Orc map4. Fixed.
  • Objective completion on Classic Orc map10 wasn't terminating the map. Fixed.
  • Objective on Enhanced Orc map12 wasn't working as intended. Fixed.
  • Lordaeron Knights are no longer available in Enhanced human map "The Prisoners".
  • In Enhanced human map "The Dark Portal", the Blackrock Clan shows Warlocks in the intro but standard Death Knights in the actual map. Fixed.
  • Removed a bunch of unused stuff from the Grim Batol building tabs in the orc map "Badlands".
  • Repositioned enemy Troll Destroyers in Enhanced human map "Grim Batol". They will not patrol the river any longer, but will remain stationary within its inner section, so that none of your ground units can kite them from the shoreside.
  • Removed unused trainable ships in Classic orc map "Fall of Lordaeron".
  • In Enhanced "Betrayal of Alterac" the sun rises when the Archmage is rescued. This will now occour when the Archmage is teleported away at the Circle of Power.
  • Removed pre-placed Demo Squads, Destroyers, Battleships, and Shipyard from Enhanced map "Battle at Crestfall".
  • All Blackrock Clan's Guard Towers and Cannon Towers replaced with Frost/Hellfire Towers in Enhanced maps "Battle at Crestfall" and "Assault on Blackrock Spire". Improved Blackrock AI upon Burning Blade's defeat in the latter one.
  • Gryphons and other flying enemy units now have their map patrolling patterns in both Classic & Enhanced version of the orc map "Fall of Lordaeron".

ARMOR & ATTACK TOOLTIPS COMPILED
Since the first release of this remake, armor types and attack types have been set to a different standard than Warcraft 3. But how? This is a list which you will also see in the game, from now on, by moving the cursor over the corresponding icons on every unit within the game.
"more/extra damage" is about 1.25 to 1.40 of the indicated amount.
"reduced damage" is about 0.75 of the amount dealt by the mentioned type.

CHAOS ATTACKS (i.e. Dragons, Gryphons) do more damage to Medium, Large and Fortified Armor. Other top-tier units in enhanced mode(including Archmages and Storm Knights) also have Chaos type attacks, mostly due to the fact that there are units whose abilities may make them immune to magic attacks. Note: This tooltip appears unexplicably cropped off in game, terminating at "Chaos".
NORMAL ATTACKS (i.e. Footmen, Knights) do extra damage against Medium armor.
PIERCING ATTACKS (all ranged non-spellcaster units, with few exceptions) do extra damage to Small armor, Heavy armor, Fortified armor, and reduced damage to Medium armor. Note that damage from Piercing attacks can be reduced through abilities.
SIEGE ATTACKS (Artillery units and few melee units within the Enhanced Mode) do extra damage to Normal armor, Heavy armor and Fortified armor.
MAGIC ATTACKS (i.e. spellcaster units) do extra damage against Heavy armor, Fortified armor, Normal armor, and reduced damage to Medium armor.
TORPEDO ATTACKS (submarines) cannot hit ground units. This was set before I decided to make submarine able to target ships and naval structures only. Being able to attack land units, even with a next-to-zero damage factor, simply couldn't stand up.

NORMAL ARMOR (standard troops) takes extra damage from Siege and Magic attacks.
FORTIFIED ARMOR (i.e. buildings) takes extra damage from all but Normal attacks. This is due to buildings having an average of 17 armor points(50% damage reduction) by default. Some have 11, also Lordaeron and Black Tooth Grin can upgrade their armor, etc.
HEAVY ARMOR (ships) takes extra damage from Chaos, Magic, Piercing and Siege attacks. Same as above, the standard armor of ships has a high damage resistance percentage factor.
HEROES (in Beyond the Dark Portal, will) take reduced damage from Magic, Piercing and Siege attacks.
LIGHT ARMOR (unused?) takes extra damage from Magic and Piercing attacks.
MEDIUM ARMOR (Flyers, some artillery units and some other units(i.e. Genbu) which encourage a melee response over a ranged one) takes extra damage from Chaos and Normal attacks, and reduces damage from Piercing and Magic attacks.

NEW ENHANCED MASTER TRAINING MECHANIC
Upgrading spellcaster units for each subfaction in the Enhanced Mode will now unlock multiple advantages. These upgrades will not only grant additional spells for the corresponding unit, as usual, but will also stack up permanent stat benefits according to the type of unit, depending on which faction they belong to. The researches' tooltips will give you an idea.

SUBFACTIONS CHANGES

H U M A N S

AZEROTH
  • Added independent Armor and Attack upgrades to the subfaction, with corresponding icons from Warcraft 1.
  • Crossbowman: Armor reduced from 2 to 1. Point per upgrade reduced from 4 to 3. A large Crossbowmen/Clerics team proves an incredible wall of defense, nevertheless, and this subfaction shouldn't excel in defense, anyway.
  • Conjurer: Increased attack range from 338 to 450. Replaced Fire Shield with Entangling Roots. This ability binds single targets in place for 6(3) seconds for 50 mana and 5 seconds of cooldown, also dealing 2 hit-points of damage per second.
  • Cleric now has passive "True Sight", with range 600(submarines/Scout Towers/flying Machines have 300, Gryphons have 600). Reason to give them this ability is that without being able to build Flying Machines or Scout Towers the Azeroth subfaction would be pretty penalized by only having to rely on Holy Vision or Water Dragons to scout invisible units. It's the same reason of why I decided to give them their own Destroyers with a small innate detection radius. However, this ability won't be unlocked before the last map and for the only reason of showcasing since the Orcish subfactions featured there do not have any invisible unit whatsoever. It will but play a small key role in the Alterac Campaign. ;)

STROMGARDE
  • Added independent Armor and Attack upgrades to the subfaction. Sword Upgrades have a balanced cost between each level. 800-1600-2400 instead of 800-2400-3000(which should have initially been 800-2400-4000, had I not made Level 3 a custom separate upgrade).
  • Peasant: Battle Hunger removed.
  • Cannon Tower removed.
  • Ballista upgrades removed.
  • New siege unit: Manticore(by Mechanical Man). Replaces Ballista. Deals double the damage of a Guard Tower in a small area. Medium armor type. Has two dedicated levels of Attack Upgrade at the Blacksmith.
  • Inquisitors were mistakenly given less base armor than Knights. Fixed.
  • Ranger: Poison Arrows bonus damage removed. Now the ability will only slow down enemy targets for 3 seconds.
  • Fiery Spirit can now be researched from the Barracks instead of the Church, with a Castle as Tech-requirement.
  • Pyromancer: new spell added: Rain of Fire. Channeling spell. Casts 3 waves of fire, dealing 13 damage on all units in a 400 radius area.
  • Phoenix: Tech requirement changed from Fiery Spirit to Pyromancer Master Training.

LORDAERON
  • Added independent Armor and Attack upgrades to the subfaction.
  • Peasant: Spiked Armor removed.
  • New siege Unit: Cannon(by Khazmo). Replaces Ballista. Damage of a Cannon Tower. Medium armor type. Shares attack upgrades with Ships and defense upgrades with Footman and Knights(up to level 3; 2 points per upgrade).
  • Cryomancer: new spell added: Blizzard. Channeling spell. Casts 3 waves of ice shards, dealing 13 damage on all units in a 400 radius area.

DALARAN
  • Added independent Armor and Attack upgrades to the subfaction.
  • New siege unit: (runic)Catapult(by Em!). Replaces Ballista. Passive Magic attacks and Spell Immunity. Cannot be upgraded.
  • Iron Golem: changed model to JesusHipster's Siege Golem, which features teamcolor shoulder pads and a "Spinning Lariat" animation which inspired me to give it a new passive ability called "Whirlwind Attack", all and all matching the "Pulverize" ability from the Tauren.
  • Archmage: Damage increased from 6-8 to 8-14. Changed Attack Type to Chaos(bypasses units with Spell Immunity). Training time decreased from 60 to 40 seconds. Added minor passive health regeneration.
O R C S

BLACKROCK
  • Added independent Attack upgrade to the subfaction. This dual-level upgrade increases base damage of Grunts and Raiders by 1 point(as opposed to common 2 points).
  • Cannon Tower removed.
  • Warlock Tower: tech requirement changed from Stronghold to Blacksmith.
  • Hellfire Tower: Damage increased from 2-6 to 5-9. The incinerate ability doesn't seem to stack damage, hence this building has never been that effective in Defense, yet it still caused explosion at the target's death.
  • Grunt: Attacks now upgradeable.
  • Raider: Base damage increased from 6-12 to 7-13. Armor upgrades reduced from 4 to 2 points per level. Blood Frenzy changed to a new ability which doubles attack damage and changes the unit skin to red(Fel). The reason is: Whether or not the Blood Frenzy could have been dispelled or Spell-stolen(it wasn't supposed to be but apparently it is in the Orc Campaign for some reason), a TRIPLE attack speed on top of a 2-levels attack/defense upgrade simply overshadows the rest of the subfactions' features for a unit of this tier, and the player would obviously cease training Grunts in favour of Raiders. In this way the player might still see some usefulness in the Grunts' Demolish ability in case of having to attack fortified locations.

BLACK TOOTH GRIN
  • Spearthrower: Armor reduced from 2 to 1. Point per upgrade reduced from 4 to 3. "Defend" still makes it a good unit for ranged defenses. Not to mention that it can always be healed by Ogre-Tinkers, or buffed by Goblin Sorcerers.
  • Troll Destroyer replaced with Goblin Destroyer(Goblin Steamboat by kellym0 & MiniMage). This clan really wants no Trolls, does it? Just a separate model without any difference in stats. And no, I won't call it Steamboat, because it's got to require Oil to be built! ;)
  • Catapult specific armor upgrades removed. Now the unit will benefit from defense upgrades for Grunts & Ogres(2 points per upgrade). Sharpened Tusks Upgrade still remains.

STORMREAVER
  • Storm Knight: Attack Range increased from 336 to 567. Damage increased from 6-8 to 8-14. Changed Attack-Type to Chaos(bypasses units with Spell Immunity). Added Vampiric Drain ability.

BURNING BLADE
  • Added independent Armor and Attack upgrades to the subfaction. Attack Upgrades have a balanced cost between each level(overall cheaper, considering you can only upgrade Grunt's weapons with it). 500-1000-1500 Gold and 100-200-300 Lumber instead of 500-1250-2000 Gold and 100-300-500 Lumber.
  • Grunt model replaced with a variation from johnwar (sorry Tauer), which in my opinion has a closer look to a classic Wc2 Grunt(whose orange teamcolored pouldrons always seemed somehow bulkier to me). Also, the previous model showed a glitch which pasted some of its parts onto an enemy after being killed by it.
  • Ogre/Fel Ogre: Base Armor reduced from 11 to 7.
  • Fel Ogre now has a new spell called Fel Overdrive. It works as an Unholy Frenzy: increases attack speed by 300% but inflicts 4 hit-points damage per second.
  • Commander's Ward renamed into Commander's Battle Vest. This upgrade now increases Ogre/Fel Ogre hit-points by +10 on top of the additional defense upgrade.
  • Famine Knight: Increased attack range from 338 to 450. Added new Abilities called Vampiric Drain and Acid Web. Vampiric Drain restores life equal to 50% of the damage dealt by attacks; Acid Web binds single targets in place for 6(3) seconds for 50 mana and 5 seconds of cooldown, also dealing 2 hit-points of damage per second.
  • Hatred: Tweaked the combination between standard armor and Gelatinous Skin ability. Now the unit should be properly tanky for its designated role.

BLEEDING HOLLOW
  • Shadow Dragon: Decreased hit points from 100 to 70. Decreased training cost from 2500 to 2000. New animation for its breath attack. Passive ability Fel Breath renamed to Void Bolt.
  • Spirit Walker: Added Vampiric Drain ability. Removed health regeneration during Ethereal form.

I'm going to run a final sweep of checks now and I shall release the updated campaigns in the next couple of days.

Last edited:
Level 2
Created this account just to say how much I enjoyed the enhanced campaigns and am looking forward to the secret missions and hopefully beyond the Dark portal campaigns in the future. You've done a marvelous job.

If I had a wish-list for the further campaigns it would be to see fully fleshed out Gilnean and Quelthalos factions.

I am curious to see how you implement the Draenor clans.

Level 20
Created this account just to say how much I enjoyed the enhanced campaigns and am looking forward to the secret missions and hopefully beyond the Dark portal campaigns in the future. You've done a marvelous job.

If I had a wish-list for the further campaigns it would be to see fully fleshed out Gilnean and Quelthalos factions.

I am curious to see how you implement the Draenor clans.
I am right now in progress of updating both campaigns with some new material. The problem is that every sweep of test I do there are tons of stuff I keep finding that need fixing, and on top of that new ideas I'm getting, creating and developing. All of this will stack up together with future campaigns as well, like the secrets and beyond the dark portal. I should be almost done with this one, by now. I think I'm this close.🤏
Anyway thank you very much for your feedback! :)

Level 11
I am right now in progress of updating both campaigns with some new material. The problem is that every sweep of test I do there are tons of stuff I keep finding that need fixing, and on top of that new ideas I'm getting, creating and developing. All of this will stack up together with future campaigns as well, like the secrets and beyond the dark portal. I should be almost done with this one, by now. I think I'm this close.🤏
Anyway thank you very much for your feedback! :)
i would still suggest for you to use the wc1 footman and the lordaeronian crossbowman since it fits with the portrait you chose, though the later would need standalone textures due to the changes made for vanilla textures.
in fact since you still insist on using the old footman model.

someone here may help with the portrait animations, in fact, a tweaked Knight/Garithos/Bandit Lord anim would work with the head's proportions, that model is still good for its release at that time.

Also, the enhanced orc refineries mission forced me to open a path through the trees to attack the orc base, since the catapult was really wiping out all of my troops with AoE damage.

i really liked how the mission went on.

Last edited:
Level 20
Also, the enhanced orc refineries mission forced me to open a path through the trees to attack the orc base, since the catapult was really wiping out all of my troops with AoE damage.
Which map again?
i would still suggest for you to use the wc1 footman
I don't know, man. The textures of their shields also blend with the ones of the wc1 knights; That's a bonus. All it takes is that portrait to talk, unless, as you suggested, I might employ something "Garithos lookalike" that may do the trick. Possibly with a black beard & mustache.

EDIT: I think I realized which model you mean. I saw you posting on that same thread. I'll tell you what: If I can manage to merge the skin of the other footman with this one, 100% I'm going to swap it.
EDIT2: no can do. :(

Last edited:
Level 11
Which map again?

I don't know, man. The textures of their shields also blend with the ones of the wc1 knights; That's a bonus. All it takes is that portrait to talk, unless, as you suggested, I might employ something "Garithos lookalike" that may do the trick. Possibly with a black beard & mustache.

EDIT: I think I realized which model you mean. I saw you posting on that same thread. I'll tell you what: If I can manage to merge the skin of the other footman with this one, 100% I'm going to swap it.
EDIT2: no can do. :(
Grim Batol Mission, i sent the peasants to open a path through the lumber mill area so i could attack and stay away from the catapult, since the ogres and towers wiped out most of my knights

Level 20
Sorry for double posting:
Another TON of stuff fixed!! Hopefully tonight I shall have a LAST sweep of tests and MAY upload the campaigns thereafter. Cross the crossable and wish me luck!

P.S. will update this post with the links.

EDIT: Links updated! Go get'em boys!

Last edited:
Level 16
Sorry for double posting:
Another TON of stuff fixed!! Hopefully tonight I shall have a LAST sweep of tests and MAY upload the campaigns thereafter. Cross the crossable and wish me luck!

P.S. will update this post with the links.

EDIT: Links updated! Go get'em boys!
Does this mean you'll be working towards the expansion?

Level 16
I'd like to finish this first, as the "global attention" is still on ToD.
Absolutely, I'm just not sure what you have left, and I only ask because I been playing your campaign, but I don't want to keep replaying it after every update just to see the differences. I was asking if your working on the expansions so i could go through your campaigns once again and be complete.
you have by far exceeded any expectations I had for a wc2 remake myself. I just wish to see a Melee version where i can really test out their resolve.

Level 16
Yeah a pvp version, where players would also team up to explore combinations of subfactions, was something I also had in mind, but I'm not sure how to do it as there seems to be just too much data for a single map to release.
right now I'm more focused on you finishing the campaigns, and then playing the expansions.