• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[UME] Goldrush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8

presents...

logohive.jpg

» download
...download not yet available

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• mapdata ++

Author: Vitosimba ............
    Players: 5 vs 5 ............
    Tileset: Barrens ............
    Language: English ............
    Perspective: Normal camera ............
    Heroes: 15 ............
    Mapsize: 128x96 ............

» description

• Goldrush takes place in an ancient Dwarven mine where numerous battles occur.
    Driven by their insatiable greed the Blood elves attacked the mine, their eyes set on only one thing: they want the Dwarves' gold!
    873_Goldrush05b.png

The big bridge in the middle of the map is the spawning point of the gold waggon and is surely going to turn into a battlfield soon.

The main target of the map is to gain control over the gold-laden waggon which can only be moved over a railway system.
    The attacking Blood elves try to get a hold of it whereas the Dwarves do everything within their powers to stop them from doing so.

goldrush06.png

A brutal battle for control over the waggon has started

» features

• 2 different modes
    ~"Push it, move it" and "Move it, stop it"

Waypoint-system
    ~special system to limit battles to a smaller area; works in combination with the revive-system

Herochoose-system
    ~Fullscreen-Herochoose-system to give the player a more detailed view on each hero and their respective abilities

Innovative terrain
    ~Terrain which is truly perfectly fit for a Dwarven mine

Neutral heroes
    ~5 neutral heroes which can be hired by both sides

Custom heroes
    ~Innovative heroes with ~95% triggerspells
goldrush07.png

Neutral heroes like Goblins and Kobolds can be hired by both factions

• credits ++

Terrain: Vitoisimba ............
    Lead scripter: Spong3bob ............
    Concept: Vitoisimba ............

473_vitoisteinkiddyhihihih.png

A big 'Thanks!' to Tyra31 for creating the gold waggon's model

» progress

~Terrain: 100%
~Gameplay-Trigger: 90%
~Spell-Trigger: 10%
~Concept: 90%
~Bugfixing: 0%

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

»editor-screenshots

Last edited:
Level 8
Wow....pretty awesome project at all, very interesting gameplay, terrain and also this thread is cool :p
Can´t wait to play it!!

Finish it!
Good luck at all. :smile:

Level 11
ahhh u cheeky monkey. How the hell you use lightsources! I know only one map pack that gives you lightsources and I cant find it. Spill the beans!

Level 8
» Heroes

So, let's have a more detailed look at one of the heroes: the Bloodmage.
This bloodelven spellcaster is a master of healing and supporting his allies which makes him the one who bears the full responsibility of keeping his teammembers alive. Anyway, although he's a healer he's nothing like a pacifist. In fact, his healing magic is most effective when the Bloodmage himself is engaged in battle, so he'll gladly take any chance to crush some dwarves!

bloodmage.jpg

>Life Leech

The selected foe will immediately lose a certain amount of his vitality which will be given to the Bloodmage instead.

>Blood bond

The Bloodmage will drain the selected unit's life force. Instead of using it for himself he will heal the most critically wounded ally within his proximity, restoring even more of said ally's life force than he actually took from the enemy.

>Retribution (passive)

Every time the Bloodmage attacks there is a certain chance he will release energy which will heal a allied unit within the area.

>Path of the Benefactor [Ultimate]

As soon as this spell is activated the Bloodmage will register all the damage dealt to his allies within a certain range. After a certain time span he will heal all his allies in the area, the amount of the healing depending on how much damage he registered. All the while, the Bloodmage can act like usual.

Level 8
yeah we allready finished a lot
just the spells are a problem cause of the motivation ^^

If the remaining Spells are ready, the first version would be finished.
After that there comes the other mods, new heroes and the biggest problem: Bug-fixxing

Level 8
Hey guys, some of you wanted to help me, now is your chance!
Its not very important buy i think it would be nicer and more stylish ;D

If you want to help me, a concept for an UI would be really nice :D just a little sketch..

The UI should represent the Goldrush Colortheme, also Mineflavor, Dwarves and _maybe_ Bloodelves but thats not necessary

Would be nice if anyone help me/us ;D

Level 8
Okay some people thought that Goldrush is dead -> no!

Goldrush is still allive but my triggermen are lazy...
Atm the Status is:
37/60 Spells are ready (no ones like to do Spells -.-)
annd... the old Gameplay-Triggerer Spong3bob left, maybe i got a new one but at first he must understand the old script but i think if he understand them, theres even not somuch to do

Ehh yes... after all that trigger shit ill rework the terrain and add 2 new extra Terrain Parts for some new modes :>
And i allready planed 5 new heroes, theres just the problem that someone should do the spells...

Level 9
Great first post, looks awesome.
The game also looks pretty interesting, im looking forward to the end result.

Level 8
okay:

I got 3 men working on the trigger x)

gameplay is still buggy but would be finished soon if the triggerer dosen't leave.
There are still a lot of Spells to do but we'll go on x)

working on other mapparts like a noteam part and some special challanges but theres one problem, we're using a custom minimap and we need for every part a new map.
Someone told me about an animated minimap that could change the pictures by changing the daytime? someone knows how that works?

Level 6
If this game is still alive, will it have AI? I hate the pompous people in Dota rooms in Garena, and b-net that think that everybody should be masters at Dota like games.

Level 14
I did not mean that.
Just wanted to tell, that it's too bad such a nice-looking project has been frozen. Too bad.
Anyways, I hope someone will want to finish/remake them, and make all the skills. :p

Level 8
Im sorry if _this_ is necro posting but i think some guys really liked this project and maybe the want to know whats going on, the answer is: nothing.

The project is frozen because of the missing trigger... i got no one who wants to continue to work on them and i got no one who wants to remake the old leaking trigger... thats the problem concepts and terrain are very advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.