• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Ultimate Terraining Map, Volume 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

For less loading time's sake, I'd suggest optimizing the textures as to greatly reduce the file size (from ~200 Mb to ~25 Mb)

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Yes they would, I am using optimized versions of B2M's doodads in my map and there is absolutely no difference.

Level 36
I haven't read the thread, so it might have already been posted, but I've got a few essentials I'd like to see on there. Basically stuff I find myself importing every single time I make a terrain.

Alpha tile, already set up etc (Outland Abyss?)
Circular water plane
Tile-based rock/land formation doodads (can change the path of the main texture to any tile, I know I've seen things like this before)
Waterfall/rapids doodads of different shapes (flat straight, left/right turn, etc, saw some Chinese terrainer using them)
Felsen/felswand.mdx doodads from B2M's pack
steinlords2b.mdx (or whatever it's called)

I'd also like to see an editor mod which would allow you to check off which models to import before creating a map (not sure how this would be done), so you can reduce lag when creating new objects etc.

Also on a similar note, don't include too many hi-res models or it'll take an hour to make anything in the object editor. Trust me, that's the only reason I've only made 50 or so terrains and not 1000.

Level 3
Then just make Warcraft IV.
Add all your imaginations and ideas to it.
Presto.
*Make an unlimited resource for map editor.
Lol.
imgres

Level 23
Then just make Warcraft IV.
Add all your imaginations and ideas to it.
Presto.
*Make an unlimited resource for map editor.
Lol.

Stop it about Wc4 already.. sick of people talking bout' that.. blizz already ruined wc3 with WoW..

-------
More variations of houses would be nice.. haven't read the thread but maybe include these in the v4?

Door by Tranquil, Another door by Tranqul, House 2 by communist_orc, House by communist_orc, Weapon stall, Fruit Stand,

we also need some small decors for RPG's..(not just because I'm working on one)

Bow Decor, Sword Decor, Staff Decor, Weapon Box, Armor Box, mug

and what about some Lava?

also some of these night elf stuff? Chimaera statue, NE Bridge, NE Platform, NE Bridge wood, owl statue, owl perch, NE moon bowl, Latern, Lamp, Bench, Bed..

Level 11
I think lowering the filesize of some high resolution models wouldn't hurt, people barely notice it on FHD screens and higher resolutions wont be standard for another couple of years. :p

And the lack of simple walls in UTM is something that should be fixed so I suggest these:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/wall-48715/?prev=search=elven%20wall&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/.../?prev=search=elven%20wall&r=20&d=list&page=2
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/.../?prev=search=elven%20wall&r=20&d=list&page=6

Level 4
Stop posting your suggestions. It Does'nt help and those doodads are sooooooo ... Warcraftish i don't like it and ould you request for high quality models like Born2Modificate Creations or Some of Ogre's Made (xgm.ru).:thumbs_up:

Stop posting your suggestions. It Does'nt help and those doodads are sooooooo ... Warcraftish i don't like it and ould you request for high quality models like Born2Modificate Creations or Some of Ogre's Made (xgm.ru).:thumbs_up:
So Warcraftish ?
How can something be too much Warcraftish when you do a Warcraft map ?

Level 16
How about some models from my map "Oveer the Hills", no I'm not necessarily promoting it but I did mention that I want to upload models from it and have no time for it so I want other members to do it! I also realized i forgot to modify some ripped textures and I don`t have any more time for that hope the map won't get rejected.

Level 14
The old UTMs were quite useful, especially for new terrainers. However i disagree with making a UTM 4.

Suggestion:

By now there are so many good models for wc3 that packaging them all in a UTM would result in a huge map, which:
  • takes ages to load
  • makes it hard to find the right model
  • will kill the objecteditor on slow machines

But since there are different classes of models and most of the terrain projects only make use of one class, why not define the most important of these classes and create a UTM for each of them? For example:
  • warcraft 3 comic-style models
  • realtexture models
  • science-fiction models
  • modern (20.-21. century)

If i want to create a fantasy rpg i wont need any of the science-fiction models, il only use either the comic-style or the realtexture UTM.

€: Maybe as a side effect this could even increase the quality of future terrains if it makes people stop combinding models/textures that just dont fit.

Level 14
You have to do that anyway, since the UTM should be very structured and ordered. And decisions concerning this project should be made in respect of the result, the required time and effort are of secondary importance. You dont create a UTM every day...

Level 11
right, i mistook it for this map:
which is probably more popular amongst triggerers than terrainers.

But it contains great models/tiles, you should check it out.

€ the models in refuge in ruins are still great, id love to see them in a UTM

Yes, they are indeed, this map is also nice ;)

I am curious thought, who will set all this up... I mean the maps (map) and stuff?

Level 4
Understanding to wait the release, that would depend on all possible assistance? not much of this world have always used the standard edit, did not even know existed a better 3.0, I hope someone will help me in my doubt.

Thank you.

Level 14
sorry for this lack of respect towards the threads suggested rules of format, but i am inactive (and came to this site today because of some bastard necroposting) and really lazy and at the same time i want to help people:

so without any further introduction i wanted to point you to my very old post on UTM3.0, because i still find it very useful: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ning-map-3-0-a-45316/index14.html#post1519065

Status
Not open for further replies.