• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Please give credit to the models creator when possible, not DungeonM, although he can never be thanked enough for updating this map.

Level 11
Lol, sure. If your an egoistical bastard, don't. C'mon, that map has like 5439 imports, the guy wasted a lot of time just to make it for us. The least you could do for him, is show him gratitude or something.

Level 36
A second try, you mean dear Deathcom3s. Dont think we have forgotten that you tried once at that forum of yours, of which died. And I have to say, I was never told why you killed it. >.>

Anyways, yeah. We should rep him. Even though reping a person that isnt active anymore is quite useless, still, its more for the symbolics of it than anything :p

Level 8
sorry i'm a bit noobish, i don't understand what this is for/how is works. What does it do?

Its designed for 2 things:
1: Cinematics. You use everything given and make a cinematic out of it.
2: Exports. You find something you like, and export to use in other maps. Doing it this way rather than downloading from the site is in a way better, because you don't have to spend ages trying to customise walls to stop units coming through, and connecting properly, as all the properties are set.

Level 7
This is a map containing many great doodads for making terrains; nothing more nothing less^^

Level 10
Ofcourse it can be used for playables. The no-pathing and non-cliff placable doodads just hint at that it may have been created with cinematic use in mind. But ofc, people who use USWME can use pathing blockers with no fear of destructible limitations.

Secondly, it's a good idea to remove the imports you don't need in your playable map to make room for other imports or simply to decrease dl time, so you might as well export from the UTM if you don't need a lot of the models.

I guess that's why ppl say it's designed for cinematic terrains and export.
Btw I discovered that some doodads that include fire (burning craters specifically) are not placable on water... I wonder if this was done because we mustn't make unrealistic terrains with it, or we're expected to terrain in a specific manner. Also few or no doodads are placable on cliffs, which may be another way to say: Don't use Blizz-cliffs; terrain the right way only.

Level 11
Im sorry to send notifications to many people for this, but does anyone have a good strategy for importing models out of this? Like any ideas on how to get models out with their blp counterparts?

Im specifically interested in the flat doodad tiles.

Level 18
well here is the thing anti body.

You can either :

A) Use the UTM as ur Base map and make whatever map you want with it, and at the very end, delete all the files you dont need... However, this is one of the most impossible methods of getting rid of unused imports.

B) Export ALL files by going to > File > Export ALL . It will export all the Files into a folder of ur choise. Since most of these models are ONLY MDX and use ingame textures, you wont really need the BLP's. however there are only about 25 BLP files anyway, so might as well use them to use ALL files you want.

?? confusing ? i know lol if u want i can go into better detail...

Level 8
I'll get u a few pics soon. I really must get back into this. I left wc3 to play WoW, and my comp wont let me play WoW now, so I should get back to this.

Bel

Bel

Level 2
Does anyone know who made the [Framework]WallBlank model/skin ? i really love it but i want to get creators permission to edit the stone out of the base, because it causes problems when trying to create an Interior for a role-playing project i am working on.

I will give full credit and w/e in the map i am making...

Level 8
Somethings messed up with the new ultimate terraining map, whenever I try to rise up the water by one to make a shore, a boarder of land surrounds where I clicked.... whats up with that?

Hmm... I havn't had any problems with the map so far. Maybe try alternatives (if there are any).

Level 12
Might be because you use Newgem, cant say for sure. Best thing to do is to use the normal editor >.> That is guaranteed to work.

Its worked the past couple years until now...

And you can't change all the tiles or add as many with normal editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.