1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Do you have good ideas for new contests? If so, please open new threads in the Contest Submission sub-forum to discuss them.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Black Road v1.38d2

Submitted by Av3n, MindGazer, Unholy0ne
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
The Battle for Athens
The Black Road

Terror reigns in ancient Greece. Hades has led a rebellion against the other gods and created the Black Road that runs from the mouth of Hell all the way to the gates of Athens, and demonic horrors have been set loose to ravage Greece.

In an effort to retake the world of mortals from the Olympians, the ancient Titans have sent their avatars to stake their own claim in the conflict. The warriors of Athens grimly dig in to await the coming of the dark tides of war, but turmoil is brewing on all sides. Beneath the shadow of this darkest evil, twilight seems to have fallen upon the fathers of the West

Yet hope remains. A dawn of war also heralds a dawn of Heroes, and mighty champions have arisen in Greece to stand against the seas of evil that flow from the mouth of Hell along the Black Road. As a player in The Black Road, you assume the role of one of these heroes to bring salvation to ancient Greece and--ultimately--to all of the West.

• Features

• Heroes: Select one of twelve heroes and begin your journey to Level 200!
    • Bosses: Fight against the mighty Titan Avatars on your journey to defeat Hades. Hopefully there's no greater threat..
    • Quests: Complete a variety of different quests all over the realm of humans.
    • Itemization: Collect Crafting Materials, Components and Items to craft and combine them into even more powerful weapons, armor and relics.
    • Crafting Professions: Choose between Weaponsmithing, Armorsmithing, Goldsmithing and Alchemy.
    • Endgame Challenges: Defeat Hyperion to craft the most powerful olympian relics.

• Authors

Version 1.38 Mind_Gazer, Unholy0ne and TheGreatGospel (Av3n)
    Version 1.37 Mind_Gazer, Unholy0ne and TheGreatGospel (Av3n) with Aunvre, afis, Brutusjk, GurkenKinG and SexYPopCorN
    Versions 1.35 - 1.36 Mind_Gazer, Amok.ak47.5, KySoto, Idontneedaname and Exodium with Aunvre and muzzel
    Versions 1.30 - 1.34 WaterMolecule and FatherTime
    Versions 1.00 - 1.23 WaterMolecule (aka PwncakesnRofles)

Testers

Dooms-Touch, supercoolguyo.o, drewdude, Clan TBRE on U.S. East, a[B, Weapon_Strife, cheftain, Play_Doh, jewpwnu)pl(, EyeOfTruth, Computer(EviL), Lorceru, Beregond27, Blasterixx, Brownie, CB2, dbK, Zorl, Sheepsaurus, Obscure, elumatec, GiveMeAName, h00bs, Hoser, imasecret, Immortalhope, Jesse Owen, Jubei, Kenny, menglongzzz, monstr1, mr.terrance, Rakou, Strahotski, woin

Credits

[​IMG]
Contents

The Black Road v1.38d2 (Map)

1. MindGazer

MindGazer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright, so this is the first draft of my upload of our project TBR RPG 1.38d2

I will keep working on improving the looks and description and give some SS and maybe even a video later on!

Thank you for your time as you review this upload for approval..

/Mind_Gazer

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Av3n @Unholy0ne can you confirm this is being worked upon by you guys?

If yes, credit the original author(s) and add a credits list:
    Resources in Use by The Black Road v1.38d2 | HIVE
    That includes models, skins, icons, custom spells, systems. Also, sounds, music and everything outside this site.

There's been a lot of silent uploads last year.

3. MindGazer

MindGazer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright, I've added all the essential credits of the involved..
    I'll keep updating and improving the bundle as time goes by - Thank you!

4. Unholy0ne

Unholy0ne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, we've credited every asset creator, former contributor and the original author in the F9 information, as well as mentioning the original author in the maps loading screen text.

Edit: @MindGazer is adding the requested credits to the map thread.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's great only that the rules specify it's mandatory to do it in the map thread description.

6. MindGazer

MindGazer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't seem to get the BB-Codes of the "Hidden" function to work properly - It seems to create its own codes whenever I update the edit (I've already tried to remove those auto-created codes several times in different ways, but can't seem to fix the issue there).. Help?!

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think you might be doing something wrong or have some [/hidden] or [hidden] leftovers. Check your BB code top to bottom carefully.

8. MindGazer

MindGazer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will do, yet again..
    But other than that - Is there anything else you feel I've missed for approval ?

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, a reviewer has to first test the map to see it works properly and stuff. That might take some time. Right now, the map is in Pending which means it can be seen and played by everyone.

10. MindGazer

MindGazer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes indeed - Enjoy our map while I improve and add more content to the description and all that !

11. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sorry for the late response... Yes, this is being worked upon by us three at the moment.

12. MindGazer

MindGazer

Resources:
    Resources:
    On a side-note, there's a couple of unofficial versions of TBR on your site already, are they approved and accepted by the Hive?
    One of them is even an unauthorized hacked version of our map that we've worked super-hard to improve and update - We're curious about your stand-point on the matter!

I would like to ask you to take that down if you wouldn't mind, thank you in advance!

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Links please.
    Also, use https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/ or the Report button for such matters.

14. MindGazer

MindGazer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I first provided a link but then decided to edit that out and posted it privately for Hive-staff only - Because it's a sensitive link and matter!

15. MindGazer

MindGazer

Resources:
    Resources:
    The situation has been resolved - Our version is the only version available on Hive Workshop now!
    Have you guys test-played the map properly yet? I know it's a big map and a lot of content to get through but would still like to hear an update about your process with the approval of our map, thank you!

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can ask the staff to add more authors to the map thread if you want. Now it's only MindGazer.

Since it's no singleplayer, it will be pretty hard for me to test it properly.

17. MindGazer

MindGazer

Resources:
    Resources:
    There are several ways we can resolve the matter:

1. There are TBR games being hosted at more or less 24/7 on at least one of the regions, search for them and join one of them.
    2. Host one yourself and wait a little for others to join, then start playing (even better if you post your hosted TBR game on our TBR discord hosting channel so others in the community can see the game and join you).
    3. PM me personally and we'll sync up and I can host and play with you (you can then get the opportunity to get a full-on dev-walkthrough of the game )

18. safakhan

safakhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks but which W3 version need to play? I have 1.26 and could not see map when i tried to create new LAN game...

19. Av3n

Av3n

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Last I checked, you'll need at least Wc3 1.30+.