• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #15 - Futuristic

Status
Not open for further replies.
281f1qt.png

I think I'm done with the body. Time to start working on the weapon.

Level 13
Okay, the Druid of the Claw is mine! >= 3

EDIT: I've marked the colors.
Gonna work on it tomorrow... I think.

PreviewColors.png

EDIT²: Ok, I've started to work on it.

WIP#1
AlienPreview.pngDOCWorkProgress.png

Last edited:
My submission:

Renegade Cyborg Mutant

Nickname: Squidhead

Screenshots

preview.png
screenshot.png

Lore

In the year 2131, at the end of the great water war, the US started performing experiments on their soldiers somewhere in California. During December, the armor experiments have began and Corporal Zach Tomasi was the first one to don the newly crafted armor. However, to actually equip it, one would require the amputation of all limbs. Reluctantly, he agreed, and was placed into the sturdy exoskeleton. The shock when he saw his crippled body made him insane, but he was sent into a coma. Unexpectedly, the chinese launched a nuclear missile without warning which detonated above Los Angeles. The nuclear fallout reached the labs, and contaminated the food. During a feeding session, Zach's skin started to turn to a sickly green hue, and his artificial arms exploded when he started to grow tentacles. He instantly awakened, with his eyes glowing a warm orange, and with a bellowing roar, he tore the feeding tubes and fled the laboratory, leaving many people behind him dead. Regretting what he had accepted, he lost what remained of his sanity. He roams the land, ravaging everything in his path. He received his nickname for his helmet looking like the body of a squid.

Download

View attachment FacelessOne.blp

Resource section links:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/facelessone-blp-146661/

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnsquidhead-146662/

Final Submission

Screenshots

Poster.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_101209_182050_02.jpg

skins_3728_screenshot.jpg

Info

Several disputes about who technically owned North America happened from 2019 to 2054 eventually, President Gaelen ordered Mexico to hand over their land or a missile would stain it. Eventually, the Canadians ended up in this dispute. It was on September 11th 2060 that the Americans then completely lost their minds in madness and let off an Ununquadium Bomb along the Mexican Coast (America had several scientific breakthroughs with the unknown elements, ununtrium, ununquadium, and ununpentium. Ununhexium and ununoctium are still unknown). The bomb chemically altered certain species and the others it killed (humans being one of them). It killed around 3,000,000 Mexicans that day. Realizing what they had done, they sent a Bio Team into Mexico to see if there were any survivors.

It turns out that one of the altered species was Insects. These insects had developed a superior instinct and agility. But they had also developed minds... The Americans then had to lay peace to these creatures. In 2065, President Gaelin had arrived to commune with the creatures of which he decided to call, Narcainians. But when he arrived, they had developed weapons and a small nation. When Gaelin ordered them to stand down, They ripped his head off.

They then dumped the Narcainians into a secluded area in Mexico, where they could be watched constantly. It was called Section 6. But with the Narcainian minds developing faster than the humans could, there was no telling what they could do.

On this specific class, the assasin was trained in stealth and agility. it has the power to maintain long distances and can run up to speeds of 80mph. With its Naracinian Diamondblade at hand, it can easily take down a group of enemies, in a matter of seconds.

Download
View attachment SatyrTrickster.blp

Resource Section

NarcainianAssasin.blp
BTNNarcanianAssasin

Last edited:
Pyramid_he@d, your skin is epic, the concept is epic.. tought.. there's to much stuff in that skin..

Like we get lost in each diffrent colors, wich makes the skin looks very blury when it's not,

You should simple remove the green veins from the arms, that would help alot. and like remove these lights on the helmets (Tuskarr moustache).

Because seriously, most people will mist all the details you added. D:

Pyramid_he@d, your skin is epic, the concept is epic.. tought.. there's to much stuff in that skin..

Like we get lost in each diffrent colors, wich makes the skin looks very blury when it's not,

You should simple remove the green veins from the arms, that would help alot. and like remove these lights on the helmets (Tuskarr moustache).

Because seriously, most people will mist all the details you added. D:

i am a detail obsessed freak :)

Level 13
Pyramid, I could never get such original Idea.
l0w, yours is just awesome, can't say anything more about it.
Dent, I really like the sword 'n eyes, also your poster is awesome.

I've looked only at the last WIP's/submissions, I'll look at the others another time.

Anyway, here'z my second WIP =3
AlienPreview2.png DOCWorkProgress2.png

I really have to change the hair with something else...

i don't think thats allowed. and theres more than 4 entries. lets see,

Dentothor
bigapple
l0w_kwaliti
pyramidhe@d
supertoinkz
A.R.
The_D3eth
and Revolve.

which is 7. so thats decent for the comp. not the best but ts ok.

But other than that this has been excellent and very improving on my texturing skills. i feel so much better at this than i had before. and i hope you all shared that same experience. May the Best Skin Win.

Level 9
I am a bit late and missed the contest but anyways.

Here is my early first WIP just to sorta show what theme it will be. (Only a little bit of the head is edited so far tho.)

PS: CAn anybody tell me how to sorta make the eyes glow (I use Photoshop CS3 now) :D

Attachments

• Mix1.png
    Mix1.png
    248 KB · Views: 190
Level 38
If at least three people promise to submit a skin if the contest is extended I'll extend it. As for the poll that will take me a bit to get up, I have to write a 4 page essay tonight anyways. If one of you wants to start a thread about the theme of the next skinning contest, go ahead. It would be nice to have it decided upon before the poll ends ;)

Level 9
If at least three people promise to submit a skin if the contest is extended I'll extend it. As for the poll that will take me a bit to get up, I have to write a 4 page essay tonight anyways. If one of you wants to start a thread about the theme of the next skinning contest, go ahead. It would be nice to have it decided upon before the poll ends ;)

sure , I ccan submit my skin, if u extend iiiiiiiit. But how long whould you extend it?

Status
Not open for further replies.