• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Texturing Contest #15 - Futuristic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Here's an image example I found of brushes in use. As you can see, they give off different textures and feels

Photoshop_Custom_Brushes_by_zhuzhu.jpg

Level 16
There are different kinds of custom brushes.
Some are like... pieces of art in each brush, and some brushes are just.. Pretty much the regular photoshop brushes but different.

As long as you're creating your own stuff with "simple" brushes it should be fine to use em. As long as you're not just applying some shit grunge brush, edit it with some colors and then call it freehanded.

Level 9
@dentothor that looks awsome, but maybe some of that cool light that you find in his eyes on some other parts of him? And on the side of his...waist there is just plain black :p.

And hey, in my opinion you make that eye light (same color as the eye) on some of his sword and the rest of the sword black.

But he is realy awsome :D

BTW can anybody send me a murlock skin (from the start) bcuz I dont have wc3 on this computer and I dont want to bother downloading it :p

yesh mah satyr is da best.

@dentothor

the face looks way better than the rest imo. it's just a clearer definition, try to achieve that on the body as well.

yeah thats one problem. the problem is the head is the same size of the body on the unwrap. so its always going to have the better quality. but ill try and work on that.

The Satyr looks like a Helghast.

is dat a good thing? :p

~EDIT~
Here's Mah Final.
Here we go!

Unwrap
attachment.php
Wrap

attachment.php
Icon
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 370
  • SatyrTrickster.png
    SatyrTrickster.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 333
  • Narcanian Assasin.zip
    597.7 KB · Views: 93
  • BTNNarcanian Assasin.jpg
    BTNNarcanian Assasin.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 326
  • Narcanian Assasin.png
    Narcanian Assasin.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,530
Last edited:
Level 15
Worked a bit more on the shadings, but decided to keep the same theme. Redid the flames. Gonna post this in the skin section now.... the... Finished...

Close-Combat Guerilla Veteran :D
Hope you like it :)
Will prolly make an Icon later on :p

Attachments

• SpaceBMskin.jpg
    SpaceBMskin.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 1,544
  • SpaceBM.jpg
    SpaceBM.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 133
  • SpaceBMlow.BLP
    79.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
Update, near-final version.

If there's time I might consider doing The Major or Batou as well :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Fuchikoma_screenshot0.png

attachment.php

EDIT: Uploaded texture and ingame shot.

Attachments

• Fuchikoma_Posed.jpg
    Fuchikoma_Posed.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 1,846
  • Fuchikoma_Wrap_2.jpg
    Fuchikoma_Wrap_2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 465
  • Fuchikoma.blp
    27.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Fuchikoma_Ingame.jpg
    Fuchikoma_Ingame.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
@A.R.
nice man. a bit too simple for my likings but the final product looks very nice! :D

@Supertoinkz
i like the idea but that whole model in general was futuristic anyway... so i really dont know what you attempt to achive of it other than a zombie cyborg... :D

@Revolve
nicely done. im not a fan of the unwrap all that much as you can see a LOT of black lines around most of the objects but its still very good looking. i'd just add a bit more shading around everything at the moment. to make it really pop out. im still a big fan of the sword tho.

Level 38
Wow, only 8 days into the contest and everyone is churning out some pretty sweet skins :D

@ AR - that looks pretty sweet, with your skill level I sort of expected you do do something with more surface area to work with, but that looks cool nonetheless.

@ supertoinkz - Looks OK, but considering the theme that has got to be the single most un-creative decision for a model. I expect a dramatic difference from the marine if your going to skin that model XD

@ everybody - keep up the good work :D

Level 24
Wow, only 8 days into the contest and everyone is churning out some pretty sweet skins :D

@ AR - that looks pretty sweet, with your skill level I sort of expected you do do something with more surface area to work with, but that looks cool nonetheless.

@ supertoinkz - Looks OK, but considering the theme that has got to be the single most un-creative decision for a model. I expect a dramatic difference from the marine if your going to skin that model XD

@ everybody - keep up the good work :D

dont you enter :( ? we need an awesome skin from you ;)

Level 9
L0w kwality is actually kicking asses, until some1 posts other good Wip
i was kinda bored, so i decided to make some thing for the contest, may never be finished or maybe it wont take even 15th place, but i still post the W.I.P

EDIT: this may be the last screen, another day i will keep working on a way to improve it but this could be my final.

Combat Enforcer Screen.JPG
Combat Enforcer.png

BYe Bye

Last edited:
Level 7
Are you going to add more golden stuff? Because right now I don't really think it fits the rest of the skin :/ (But it still looks damn awesome)

Status
Not open for further replies.