• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #17 - Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
entry.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ArcaneVault.blp
    35 KB · Views: 97
  • comp buildings.jpg
    comp buildings.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 2,476
  • ss0000.JPG
    ss0000.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 2,610
Level 23
M0rbid's Futuristic Towers

My entry for the Texturing Competition #17.

A Transition of the Dalaran Towers into futuristic Towers.
This skin applies for the three models that are shown below, so they can be used to build up a complete futuristic city.
I hope this will turn out to be a useful doodad building for many terrainers, even in days of SC2.
The skin does not include Teamcolour, because the standard does not too (is it even possible?) and the best use for it seems to be as a doodad anyways ;)
Enjoy!

184486-albums3456-picture31186.gif

184486-albums3456-picture31184.jpg

184486-albums3456-picture31185.jpg

Import the skin to the following path:
Textures\DalaranBuildings.blp

The skin will replace the following unit/doodad/texture/interface:
Dalaran Buildings

Attachments

• DalaranBuildings.blp
    76.2 KB · Views: 140
  • DalaranTest.w3x
    85.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
The houses with weird chimneys

Here's my entry!

Houses_Screenie.jpg Houses_Ingame.jpg

Well, what more can you say that these building are just regular houses, but with weird looking chimneys. Yeah, yeah, I couldn't come up with a more creative name.

This entry is just one skin that applies on all the elven houses. Too bad these models have lazy-assed wraps and normals.

Texture path:
Textures\ElvenFarm.blp

YOU MUST GIVE ME CREDITS IF YOU USE THIS SKIN IN YOUR MAP!!!

Please DO NOT distribute and/or modify this resource without my permission.

Attachments

• HouseWithWeirdChimneys.blp
    57.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Oh sry for double post I don't want to edit my last one, just to show that above texture is mine (rules)...

Ok here it is my submission!
Human Farm building into New Age House!
Textures used ingame: buildings\human\Farm\House.blp

*note:
-Some houses are doodads (no team color [blue/yellow]) just to show building from many angles at same time...
-Flowers and units are re sized from normal to 0.5 just to look more better because Farm (New Age Building is normal scaled)
-Units don't have shadows, I removed them, no time to edit each one sry!

Attachments

• House.blp
    64.6 KB · Views: 104
  • untitled1.JPG
    untitled1.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 246
  • House.jpg
    House.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 224
  • Test.w3x
    93.9 KB · Views: 68
Level 48
I vote for an extension, as I know that some people were busy with their finals\exams these weeks and about this time is when exams end. I know of at least one person who is still working on his skin albeit not having much time due to exams.

I think that just a week or two for an extension would be nice, no? Would get a few more entries in.

Level 38
I vote for an extension, as I know that some people were busy with their finals\exams these weeks and about this time is when exams end. I know of at least one person who is still working on his skin albeit not having much time due to exams.

I think that just a week or two for an extension would be nice, no? Would get a few more entries in.

I'd be willing to extend the deadline a little, so far I'm counting 6 entries. How much extra time does everyone need? I don't think I'd extend the deadline beyond 1 week.

Level 38
In fact, do you count the entry's of red shift and others?
Because some did not include blp's yet.

I only have 6 .blps so far, and those are from M0rbid, Just_Spectating, Dentothor, thisruoy, Dan van Ohllus, and -Kobas-. Those are the six I'm counting.

Still waiting on FrIkY, L0w Kwality, Ampharos 222, Cash42, Red Shift, Dionesiist, X.e.r.e.X, Crazed Seal, and Kazzo. And anyone else that wants to participate but I haven't got a wip from yet, like Stanakin Skywalker.

I'd say in most texturing contests I've witnessed only about half the participants finish, so I don't honestly expect everyone I mentioned to finish this contest. It would be nice if there was closer to ten entries though.

Well I just edited this one Click
Is that ok?

nope it's not.. you can't CNP a texture, each textures should be 75% free-handed at least.. and for a competition it's even less... to make sure you don't loose point for nothing..

Free-handed = draw by hands, from Blank square to a nice texture. (not drew over something, not edited something else..)

in fact, you better remake your hole texture right away to not be disqualifyed or to loose even more time.

nope it's not.. you can't CNP a texture, each textures should be 75% free-handed at least.. and for a competition it's even less... to make sure you don't loose point for nothing..

Free-handed = draw by hands, from Blank square to a nice texture. (not drew over something, not edited something else..)

in fact, you better remake your hole texture right away to not be disqualifyed or to loose even more time.
Grrrrr that 2 bad!
Well rules are rules! Np I see we have whole new week, I will recreate it for sure than! Thanks for let me knowing that!

Ok guys I didn't know for that CnP stuff etc etc, this one is whole created freehand in Paint and Adobe Photoshop CS4 by me

Ok here it is my submission, not final I still want to hear critics because this is also my first serious texture!
Human Farm building into New Age House (made in stone -.^)!
Textures used ingame: buildings\human\Farm\House.blp
World Editor size: 73 KB (Can be reduced or increased ofc)

*note about pictures:
-Some houses are doodads (no team color [blue/yellow]) just to show building from many angles at same time...
-Flowers and units are re sized from normal to 0.5 just to look more better because Farm (New Age Building is normal scaled)
-Units don't have shadows, I removed them, no time to edit each one sry!

Attachments

• Test.w3x
    103 KB · Views: 89
  • House.blp
    73.9 KB · Views: 100
  • House1.jpg
    House1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 156
  • House2.jpg
    House2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 116
  • House3.jpg
    House3.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 185
  • House4.jpg
    House4.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 107
Level 38
All right, pyritie already adjusted the contest deadline.

@ thisruoy; you should add some shading and highlights to your skin, it seems really flat right now. It shouldn't take to long and with the extension you might as well.

@ -Kobas- that is really good if it's your first attempt, just about everyone starts out with something that looks horrendous. I'd recommend re-working the chimney so it looks like it is constructed out of brick or rocks stuck together with mortar. You could make the outside covered in wood siding to, but I think rock/brick would look more attractive, and you seem to be going in that direction anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ -Kobas- that is really good if it's your first attempt, just about everyone starts out with something that looks horrendous. I'd recommend re-working the chimney so it looks like it is constructed out of brick or rocks stuck together with mortar. You could make the outside covered in wood siding to, but I think rock/brick would look more attractive, and you seem to be going in that direction anyways.
Thanks but I must disappoint you, well I didn't know about filters so my skin isn't good, I will desert contest, sry I don't have time to create whole skin again!
Sorry again...

EDIT:
-Kobas- is disqualified. He admitted to using more than 25% of the skin in filters, and creating its texture with filters.
lol next time give my chance to write that myself, grrr don't be so fast :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.