• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #17 - Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
WIP
attachment.php

Attachments

• ss0000.JPG
    ss0000.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 487
Level 34
Hey all! I decided to join this contest, for fun. Also, Pyritie told me that I'm unbanned from Arena, yay! :D I already like some of the wips here, l0w_kwaliti, yours looks promising, I can't wait to see it finished.
So, here are some wips of my Terran Bunker.

Attachments

• wip_1.png
    wip_1.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 99
  • wip_2.png
    wip_2.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 85
  • wip_3.png
    wip_3.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Wrapped-2.png
    Wrapped-2.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 181
Level 26
no... D: I actually never found the resemblance between this undead building and a church..

anyway

so tell me.. can I retexture an ancient into a unit?

the rules only say that you have to texture a building and the ancients are classified as buildings.
What your texture resambles at the end is not stated in the rules beside that it should still look somehow like a building. So...yeah go for a unit that would work as a building aswell.

It turns out that the wrap on Burrow is horrendous... why do I always pick models that have the worst wrapping... T_T

get over it, 75% of the textures in warcraft3 are like that..

:D

and it's looking really good so far.. good job!

Level 19
Wow! I kind of like this theme a bit, because it's been some time since we had some Building Skins for the site for even more games which will come in Warcraft III (And I presume more than usual in Warcraft III even after Starcraft II comes out)...

Red

Red

Level 26
Alright, count me in. Took me a while to get inspired, and even then, most of my ideas had already been done in the first few days lol...

I'm skinning Textures\CityBuildingsNew.blp - not the most exotic choice, but because this single texture covers so many different variations of buildings, I'll be able to create a whole city with 1 imported file.

Chose the dreary, Human coastal ports in Baradin Bay as my theme. Always liked the grunge style, and it'll allow me to make something that really contrasts with wc3's really, really clean buildings.
SlumsWIP1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.