• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #16 - Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
technically yes, but if its a zombie sorta thing your looking for then i might not allow it.

Well. I can show you a screenie if you want to see what exactly im making.

Ghoul.png

If this wont be accepted, then i have another idea for the skin, so i wont have to start over.

im getting so much Controversial critisicm!

"make the wood darker"
"the wood is too dark"
"i don't like the stone wood combination"
"the stone and wood combination work well together"
"the wood doesnt fit with the stone"
"the wood fits fine withe the stone"

What the heck guys!

could you PLEASE CRITISIZE MY W.I.P.S BEFORE MY FINAL!?

im getting ignored here and its not benefiting at ALL

Level 35
This might be my final version, maybe I'll still change some minor things, but I don't have time enough, to really do huge changes anymore.

I would if I was you try to create a little more originality in the skin, as right know it is mainly two colors of a type which a lot of others have used as well.. This goes for skeletons and Golems. So maybe you should try to take advantage of his shape and use that as an inspiration for a new type of skin.

For instance he could be of a lot larger size then known, in which case his front could kinda appear to be a cave with stalagmites. Consider it for a second :wink:

Level 35
My first WiP of my ghoul skin. Feel free to comment.

Ah we got yet another stone / moss creature.. How many is it now? 6?

It looks okay so far, but the originality of it is so little.. Maybe you should try turning him into an old scary tree or something instead... would at least create some distance from all the moss/stone things.

Level 49
Just like to say, I'm in on this. I'm reskinning the Timberwolf to be a creature made of wood and leaves. I have the basic stuff done, I need to touch up details. I'll post screenshots later today when I have the plug for my laptop, since its low battery right now.

But, Darkhome, that was already done before. :/

EDIT: Well well, I guess it's not the same concept after all. It looks great, keep it up. :)

Level 17
I hadn't seen that. It's really ugly though. Looks like a poorly implemented Scrunt (Lady in the Water)(made of Earth and Grass)
e6476rectangularscrunt.jpg

I'm thinking like a tree thing, closer to Ancients, inspired by Legend of Mana's Boreal Hound.
attachment.php

If there is something wrong with my entry let me know and I won't spend any more time on this thing, and maybe start something else.

I was working on the wood texture, and here is what the current woodwork looks like. I will probably be redoing all the leafy bits you saw in the last WIP.

In the final version it will be brighter, will have teamcolor, and something in the way of leaves, though what exactly I don't know. I'll probably detail it more as well.

But if it won't qualify because someone has done something similar then I'll drop it and not waste my time on it anymore.

Attachments

• lomborealhound.gif
    lomborealhound.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 267
  • TimberWolf.png
    TimberWolf.png
    838.9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Level 17
No offense Mr. Goblin. I've seen lots of your work that I liked (Hellscream Barbarian and Tigerosh spring to mind foremost), but that grassy wolf is not on the list.

Debode, I just may do that. Right now I'm going to make the stuff under the mane look as good as I can, and then I'll figure out how to handle the mane. With another 2 weeks-ish to finish the skin, I should be good to go.

I should have at least the wooden part finished before the end of the weekend.

Level 26
awesome concept supertoinkz, but I have a few suggestions for you, ecause some parts of the texture do not match that wll with the theme in my opinion. Or beter said: you could go a bit further with your concept, because mny parts still look very murloc-ish:

1. I think you should change the dorsal fin into some kind of leaves.
2. The spikes and the weapon could be made into thorns
3. the shield could be a bee or a ladybug or something like that

Last edited:
Level 17
Hey guys. The pen for my tablet is in the middle of breaking. the little plastic clip thing that holds the front to the back is broken. I'm going to see if I can keep it together with superglue in the meantime, and I ordered a new stylus (they cost like 40$).

I'm going to try to work on the skin after I try the superglue and whatnot, but this might be a contest killer for me if im really unlucky. I may not get a new stylus for 2 weeks, so if I can't make this one work it could be a problem.

Level 5
Hey guys. The pen for my tablet is in the middle of breaking. the little plastic clip thing that holds the front to the back is broken. I'm going to see if I can keep it together with superglue in the meantime, and I ordered a new stylus (they cost like 40$).

I'm going to try to work on the skin after I try the superglue and whatnot, but this might be a contest killer for me if im really unlucky. I may not get a new stylus for 2 weeks, so if I can't make this one work it could be a problem.

Too bad D:
I hope can make it work.

Level 19
Don't say something I haven't said..

Pyramidhead and me decided to enter this competition against each other, just to push our self to the maximum.

that's all.

so who ever gets the more points, between me and him, in the judging wins..

Yeah:D already thought so. Just wanted to annoy you a littlebit:grin:

Mr.Goblin goes Boum!

There ya go, first wip of the night.

My concept?! = A Druid so old that he's getting merged into the nature after all the time he spent in it, over 9000! years perhaps, he've been wandering in the forest. who knows?..

The portrait is almost finish.

ss0000.JPG

Edit = The face texture is pretty much finisht now.

ss00002.JPG

Last edited:
*Sigh*

My Poor Broken Tablet Pen.

Alright. I'm not dropping out of the contest, but it looks like I'll have to try to do this with a mouse. That means harder work for less result. It also means I may run out of time and have to hand in something I'm not satisfied with.

Wish me luck guys.

~DH

DIE IN HELL! >:D

nahh joking, sucks for you mate D:

Status
Not open for further replies.