• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Texturing Contest #16 - Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I'm not sure if my idea for the contest is acceptable to call nature, but I hope so: I'm planning to skin a Na'vi from Avatar, because I think these indiginenous humanoids are really one with their nature and are the keepers of the nature, maybe they are the nature itself as they are Pandora in the movie. So that's my idea.
My question is, would it be accepted as a skin for the contest?

I think you could do an alien robot if you want, but you won't get points in 'theme' for that.

Doing a Na'vi however, well I don't know. I wouldn't really consider it nature, but I guess that's up to the judges :)

Level 15
Here's a little update btw;
The helmet is edited, so it (hopefully) looks like the horns sort of sprouts out.
I also made the shoulders, but they are not 100% done yet, planning to add some vines and such.
Any comments of what I got so far? It might not seem like much, but it is 4-5 hours of work :D

Attachments

• WIP2.jpg
    WIP2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 161
Level 25
The helmet is edited, so it (hopefully) looks like the horns sort of sprouts out.
I also made the shoulders, but they are not 100% done yet, planning to add some vines and such.
Any comments of what I got so far? It might not seem like much, but it is 4-5 hours of work :D

Can u add a pic?

EDIT: Nevermind, u just did that :)

4-5 hours?! D: i did my jockey skin in that time!
but its looking good so far. but the rocks seem a bit weird to me.

ughh the particle emitters for the fire are so annoying so im just not going to bother xD

Last edited:
Level 15
Heres a little update;
I guess you can see a bit how the end result will look like.
I am pretty satisfied with how the rocks and wood have turned out,but I am not so sure about the vines and leaves, and the horns.
Would be awsome if you told me what I could do to improve, and generally tell me if you got some ideas on how to add more variation :)

Attachments

• WIP 3.jpg
    WIP 3.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 195
Level 35
People Seriously! If you're gonna take part in a contest read the Rules before...

If your refering to me, then I did. Thats why the judge's (who said he also wanted to make a version) post:

Ughh the particle emitters for the fire are so annoying so I'm just not going to bother xD

which mentions particles, got me confused for a second..

Neatly - though its not that clearly nature related in my mind, besides living in the nature

... For me Nature covers everything that isnt mechanical/Digital/Electronic/Man-made. And I didnt wanna do a tree/Leaves/Bark/Mud thing, cause theres allready multiple enteries with that concept.

My Sabertotooth grizzly Is an all naturall bread specimen of natures brute force... =D

Level 35
My Sabertooth grizzly is a all natural bread specimen of natures brute force... =D

True, but then covering almost anything in fur would fit as well (Don't give me the argument that you can just make models green for nature :grin:). If in doubt; I am joking.

Well hoping to get time for my skin.. so far doesn't look good with all the exams coming up.

Level 23
SO this is my first WiP, not so sure about the use of the Skeleton for it, my ideas of some floating rocks, linked by vines doesn't really work on it.
Please give some comments and tipps, to improve. But I'm not so sure if I'll stay skinning this model, or maybe come up with something totally different.

Attachments

• Skeleton.JPG
    Skeleton.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 150
Level 23
you totally stole my model

What do you mean stolen? How should I know, did you uploaded anything? If yes, I'm sorry, I haven't seen anything and haven't stolen anything. My modell is meant to be as stones, linked by vines, that have their own lives. In the way: " The nature defends itself against the pollution"

Here's an update, please comment

Attachments

• Skeleton.jpg
    Skeleton.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 160
oh mah gawd! some of the most epic texture arists in a fight to the finish. (if they finish xD) good luck to you both. and gobby, youve promised us a contest skin for the past 3 contests and didnt show. SHOW US MOAR!!

3 really?

wait..

1 - the Robotic Tree of life.. of the last competition
2- ...?
3- ...?

I don't remember D:

@L Lawliet
you failed to show us work in progress pictures, as stated in the first post that you must post at least one so that will not be accepted as a final entry. and also, try to be creative. i can see that is basically a total rip off from red shifts idea.

@Mr. Gobin
the robot tree, ur skeleton reaper thingy for #14 and i think you almost did something for 13 im not quite sure.

@Hawkwing
i think m0rbid attempted to do that. on his skeleton.

Red

Red

Level 26
@Morbid: The Skeleton unit was obviously not made to stand up to close scrutiny. The model itself has to have a poly count of maybe 50 and the UV wrapping is awful, none of this is your fault of course.
Going with a skeleton skin in a texture contest is almost like voluntarily handicapping yourself :/

Level 5
may i texture 2 models. or is 1 the limit.
I think i got a plan, but its a secret.
Its 2 models and it involves the bible.
Im not giving you guys any more hints but one of the skins will be named adam.

Is it Adam and *drum roll* Belzebub? No? Damnit >.<

Anyway new wip coming soon... i think >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.