• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #17 - Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 38
the%20hive%20workshop.png

texturing.png
competition.png
number.png
1.png
7.png

hivebuildings17.jpg

Texturing Contest #17
Buildings

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• No submission may violate any of the site rules.
    • If a submission does not follow the skin submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
    • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
    • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
      • An in game screenshot showing your submission in action.
      • The file in the appropriate format.
    • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
    • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
    • Judges may not participate.
    • Teamwork is not allowed.
    • Model must exist in Warcraft III already.
    • No model edits are allowed.
    • Textures must be no larger than 512 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 1024 (or higher), but they must be re sized down to 512, preferable 256 on equal dimension textures when submitted.

Buildings is the theme for this contest, with the purpose being to increase the resources available for buildings. So with that in mind, if ancients are skinned they should still work well as a building, or anything else that is relatively building-ish you can't stop yourself from skinning. I'd say structural doodads are fair game for this contest as well, as long as they bare some resemblance to a building (aka no arches ;)
prizes.png

• First Place: 40 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 10 reputation points and an award icon

judges.png

• 67chrome
  • THE_END

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Shading and Highlights
Is the skin shaded? Is the shading and Highlights appropriate? Does the shading fallow a consistent light source? Are metallic regions shaded correctly? Does the skin look 3D when wrapped around a unit and viewed with lightning conditions disabled?/25%

Originality and Creativity
How original is this skin? Is it something new and interesting, or is it to creative? Does the skin have any resemblance to the original, or is it so different you need to tell us what it wraps around? Does the skin have a good underlying concept and idea?/25%

Texture Detail
Is the skin Blurry? How well are the detail created on the skin? Are the patterns, armor, joints and seems in new and innovative places or the same spot as the original skin? How well are the patterns created? How 3-dimensional does the texture make flat portions of the skin appear?/25%

In-Game Dynamics
How well does the skin work in WC3? Does the portrait work with the skin as well? Does the skin fit in with other units or does it stand out in the wrong way?/25%
  • 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

• The contest shall begin on Sunday, May 16th and conclude on 23:59 Sunday, June 27th, GMT

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm using Arcane Sanctum now. i didn't know that Dentothor will use that one o_O well, that won't destroy my idea :D good luck to all of us guys :D

WIP:
~The Planetarium:

(recolored "bearings")

OMFG! why take my idea?! why? FFS... total idea stolen.
i going to have to do something different... whatever.

Level 14
L_Lawliet, you obviously state that you saw that Dentothor is doing the same thing. And then you say "whatever, it wont ruin my idea". That's really, really not nice. :/

sorry, my apologies. i didn't clearly saw that he was about to do a PLANETARIUM.i thought it was a PLATINUM made out of arcane sanctum. well i'll be deleting the post and think of a new one. i'll be sending a PM to sir Dentothor stating my apologies and he can do what he was about to do. now, no more issues okay guys?. my apologies once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.