• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #16 - Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Another WIP
Caveman has a bone thing, but its not showing up great

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 222
Level 23
I'll give it another try, other model and this time other idea, and I can't see anyone else, coming up with this idea right now, even if the faceless is already used, I hope this time I'll be more succesful.!

First Wip: Face nearly finished

Attachments

• Unbroken(WiP).jpg
    Unbroken(WiP).jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 118
Level 19
I'll give it another try, other model and this time other idea, and I can't see anyone else, coming up with this idea right now, even if the faceless is already used, I hope this time I'll be more succesful.!

First Wip: Face nearly finished

Nice one

Level 17
Darkholme's Boreal Hound Next WIP

Here's my next WIP.

I like the wood now. It needs some minor wrap adjustments around the eyes.

Next is to make those leaves look better/redo them completely (though I like it better than my initial green mockup), and give a thin mane running all the way down the back, and maybe a small amount of moss around the face and on the feet.

Then: Teamcolor. No Idea where I would put (or want to put teamcolor)

Attachments

• contest.png
    contest.png
    1 MB · Views: 204
  • TimberWolf.png
    TimberWolf.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
Level 17
Nope. didnt do the wood grain pixel by pixel. I used my photoshop-fu.

*Trick*: Make a rectangular panel with the texture you want.

use appropriate sized strips of said rectangular panel, and make copies, and use the warp and whatnot tools on them.I'll show the woodgrain separate just for anyone interested.

I threw together the woodgrain texture (which after making a small piece is largely c&p) and used the transform functions on copies of it and pieced it together. :)

Just in case anyone wanted to know.

Attachments

• TimberWolf.png
    TimberWolf.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 137
  • wood.png
    wood.png
    219.7 KB · Views: 150
Level 23
Another WiP: Currently working on: adding highlights to the back, and adding more definition to the branchiaes (is that correct?) and to the seagrass. Then I'll have to do legs and arms and hopefully I finish it before deadline and can take this as my submission.

Attachments

• Unbroken(wip2).jpg
    Unbroken(wip2).jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 153

they all didnt have blp files attached (except for m0rbid, but i didnt count him as he is working on another).they need to have them. and the second faceless skin didnt have a WIP screenshot. it states in the rules that you must have at least one.

Level 23
Here's my final submission, I don't have any time anymore, so I won't be able to chance or improve it before deadline anymore, I think.
So, Dentothor, count this as my final submission, called "Deep Sea Sleeper":

"When Illidan and his Naga went up to Northrend they made contact with the Faceless race, after some battles, some Nagas took their victims, some of the Faceless with them into the deep sea, where they became one with the ocean itself and now protect the nature of the oceans. Many sailors tell nautical yarn about their suckers, that are able to stick to the ships of careless sailors, and about the weapons they still carry from their times as Faceless."

Attachments

• DeepSeaSleeper.jpg
    DeepSeaSleeper.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 565
  • FacelessOneUnbroken.blp
    206.4 KB · Views: 108
no offence morbid but its relatively the same concept as the faceless one. and the yellow points (other than the face), looks to me like recolour. and it looks like you used a custom brush for the circles, along the body. it either that or you made one and CnPed it across the body. because they look so unattached it not even funny.

and the weapon, same problem. it looks so awful with no changes and those circles on it.

Level 16
He just doing some simple photoshop thingies and filters only. Nothing special about it. Just like custom brushing, cloud filter, recolors. Go see some tutorial from this forum. You should learn more make more like push harder yourself. If you think this as your final submission results, your skin will be disqualified by 70%. Still got 5 days, want improve just do it now. I'm scolding or insulting. Just give some opinions.

Level 23
no offence morbid but its relatively the same concept as the faceless one. and the yellow points (other than the face), looks to me like recolour. and it looks like you used a custom brush for the circles, along the body. it either that or you made one and CnPed it across the body. because they look so unattached it not even funny.

and the weapon, same problem. it looks so awful with no changes and those circles on it.

Mh, you're right, it's too close to the faceless one: let me say a few things: to the Balanidae (I don't know if that's the correct english term for it, so I'll use circles:grin:): I did them to 75 % freehand and a at some point Cnp, using Mr.Goblins tutorial as inspiration. It took to much time for the result, because, as you mention they just stick on the texture and doesn't seem to grow on the real body. Unfortunatly I have no clue and no time to change that.
But @zadelim: There are no filters in it, except from some colour changes, and I must admit, that the legs and parts of arms are only recoloured, but the rest is not. And no filter use there too.

He just doing some simple photoshop thingies and filters only. Nothing special about it. Just like custom brushing, cloud filter, recolors. Go see some tutorial from this forum. You should learn more make more like push harder yourself. If you think this as your final submission results, your skin will be disqualified by 70%. Still got 5 days, want improve just do it now. I'm scolding or insulting. Just give some opinions.

dont falsely accuse anyone of stuff. it just makes you look that much more retarded when your wrong. and do not downrate it as such. giving nice suggestions helps this user improve saying "this is nothing special" or "actually try working hard" is useless to the veiwer and there fore makes it irrelivant.
so plz critique nicely.

Level 16
dont falsely accuse anyone of stuff. it just makes you look that much more retarded when your wrong. and do not downrate it as such. giving nice suggestions helps this user improve saying "this is nothing special" or "actually try working hard" is useless to the veiwer and there fore makes it irrelivant.
so plz critique nicely.

Sorry about that, I will give a nice suggestions. Sorry Morbid.

Level 17
Here is my final submission.

Darkholme's Boreal Hound.

[Edit]
Now with the obligatory In-Game Screenshot.

I didn't need it last contest so I had forgotten about it.

Here you go.

Attachments

• TimberWolf.blp
    1.6 MB · Views: 162
  • contest.png
    contest.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 692
  • TimberWolf.png
    TimberWolf.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 390
  • In-Game.png
    In-Game.png