• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Texturing Contest #15 - Futuristic

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE_END, hai :D

18115t.png

This is all for today kiddies, see you tomorrow.

Level 26
l0w_kwaliti dude, i absolutely love everything... except the purple skin-tight pants.... looks very... well, odd. it clashes with the rest of the texture, which is all green and grey and robotic/zombie kickass, but then randomly he has barney's legs :/, otherwise everyone's is coming along very nicely...... i still need to think of an idea for mine :p

Level 9
Just to let you know, those are not uprple pants, thats the skin of the original skin (faceless terror or something) he just hasn't edited it yet

Anyway everyone has good work, no betters or worse, it just fits his/her style

Well i updated the skin a little ill post WIP later

Bye

I'd suggest making a robot body with small parts where the "armor" is "torn" and you can see small pieces of flesh or something. Or if it's supposed to be a zombie or something, you can make bloody\fleshy parts instead. As for the skin color, green or something will work, I guess.

Heh, my original idea was a mechanically enhanced torso, while the legs were fully mechanical. The arms would actually come out of broken, let's say, sleeves, with wires and stuff dangling. Also, there would be some nodes, implants or something on the arms and the torso.

Level 9
I think I will join but I dont have wc3 on this computer and so.....but I still managed to download a Tichondrius skin from this website and I have wc3 viewer so I converted it. But I wont be able to show unwrap. And is it legal to start with somebody elses tichrondrius instead of the normal one? I wont have anything left of the old one. So you wont even notice it.?

Or if somebody could send me the Tichrondius model and skin? :D

Level 16
Hello everybody! :D
Well, i finally had time to start mine. I saw everyone work and its great, i hope i not lost my draw skills xD
well, i just will make a alien arthas or something, so here is my first wip.
See ya later! ^_^

Attachments

• wip1.jpg
    wip1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 139
Level 9
Nice, anyways. Some weird shit that I've been working on :)
On the tichrondius model, cant show the unwrap since I dont have the tichrondius model (yet) :)

Microwave dis.

Attachments

• Mustafa.jpg
    Mustafa.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Level 38
I think I will join but I dont have wc3 on this computer and so.....but I still managed to download a Tichondrius skin from this website and I have wc3 viewer so I converted it. But I wont be able to show unwrap. And is it legal to start with somebody elses tichrondrius instead of the normal one? I wont have anything left of the old one. So you wont even notice it.?

Or if somebody could send me the Tichrondius model and skin? :D

I'd like to know which skin you are using just to be sure, actually I'd be happy to give you any of the skins if you just pm me.

Level 38
Well i thought i should post this

View attachment 66690
View attachment 66691

BYe BYe!

It looks like it could still use a little bit of fine tuning, the skin seems to wrap around a little unusually in some points. The rectangles on the legs seem a little off.

Update

219wdid.png

Fine tuning is still to come! :D

Looks cool so far, I imagine the metal is going to be improved from its current state. The skin color seems a tad weird though, maybe it's just from it clashing with the purple feet. Not really sure what to say about it right now XD

Hello everybody! :D
Well, i finally had time to start mine. I saw everyone work and its great, i hope i not lost my draw skills xD
well, i just will make a alien arthas or something, so here is my first wip.
See ya later! ^_^

Looks interesting, what you have finished so far looks good :)

Looks cool so far, I imagine the metal is going to be improved from its current state. The skin color seems a tad weird though, maybe it's just from it clashing with the purple feet. Not really sure what to say about it right now XD

At the moment I'm going to finish the basic shape, and since I've got plenty of time, I'm going to add more detail and refine the texture. No rushing! ;)

Level 16
Hello again!
Well, i have a lots of problems with arthas' wrap, so i can't use this model anymore. I'm starting over again with other model and other concept, hope i can do something this time.
L0w and Gobbo: you two rlz!
I hope i can finish my skin before the limit date.
See you later! ^_^

Level 16
Bad news. (almost are bad for me xD)
since i have no time to work on my skin, ¡ has no ideas, and Gobbo's and L0w's works are amazing, i have no chance, neither to finish my skin xD
So, i'm out. Next time, maybe when i have no some work for the (damn) school. So, good luck to everyone, and hope next contest i can join fine. See you until summer (here).
^_^

Bullshit.. you guys, it's with Training you get good at something. And Trust me, its in competition with the best, that you learn faster...

now, Show me you have guts! :3

seriously, you tought back than when I started in texturing I had a chance agains't TDR Supa- and Dionessis?

Level 38
still working on mine..... if anyone cares....

Looking forward to seeing it :)

Adding to what Goblin said, most of this contest will be about the process and showing wips about what you have, receiving feedback on how to make it better, and seeing what techniques work and which ones don't. If you want to improve on skinning this is a good place to do it, were it will be reviewed by a lot of people passionate about skinning :D

Adding to what Goblin said, most of this contest will be about the process and showing wips about what you have, receiving feedback on how to make it better, and seeing what techniques work and which ones don't. If you want to improve on skinning this is a good place to do it, were it will be reviewed by a lot of people passionate about skinning :D

Amen!

Amen indeed. im starting to think chrome might be as wise as gobby here! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.