• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #10 - Arcane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woot, my internet is finally working again, now to see if it will let me upload images. Moment of truth! FUCK YES!!! SUCCESSFUL UPLOAD!

Attachments

• Screenshotbody.JPG
    Screenshotbody.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 174
  • Screenshotface.JPG
    Screenshotface.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 175
  • NEWUNWRAP.jpg
    NEWUNWRAP.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 176
Alright, I quit. I have no chance of winning either way. Good luck to everyone. Final Submission.
I likes it very much!

Unwrap pls.
Why? I feel offended, if someone else is drawing it 4 me, that person could also send me the wips... If your doubting my artistic skills you sourly havnt seen my entry in the steampunk contest, good sir

But alright, ill atach it to this w.i.p...

Attachments

• wip3.png
    wip3.png
    415.9 KB · Views: 198
Level 14
communist_orb said:
Why? I feel offended, if someone else is drawing it 4 me, that person could also send me the wips... If your doubting my artistic skills you sourly havnt seen my entry in the steampunk contest, good sir
I am doubting your "artistic skills" because you are using the pencil (Or a hyper small and 100% solid black brush) tool to line your texture, which looks terrible and creates a poor outline for the colors therein. This is also not considering the fact that you smudged the pants, have no sense for how real shading works across the entire texture, have no work flow, no concept, and have basically mutilated the poor druid's musculature.

Besides, you shouldn't be quick to get defensive over your work. Frosty just wanted to see the unwrap since that reveals a lot more about a texture's strong and weak points than a wrapped texture. Having both a wrapped version and unwrapped version allows the best feedback, since you can then qualitatively analyze where the model needs more detail and where it needs less. The truth, though, is that a wrapped model is worthless unless the shot is taken from in-game, but eh, whatever. Can't win them all, I say.

heh, instead of telling me how much it sucks, could you give me some positive criticism so i can make it better?

Do not criticize my criticism! (jk)

Anyways, well I just think those totems totally defeat the arcane appearance. The rest of the skin is decent, but I think the arcane 'waves' could use heavier highlights giving it a glowing appearance.

Level 10
@Just_Spectating:
I think these totems should be invisible on the alpha channel, else you should remove the planes from it erasing the "Caution" signs and then they would be like totems with arcane blue glowing inscriptions on it. Also, its armor should be other than leather. It should be a runed steel armor.

@Just_Spectating:
I think these totems should be invisible on the alpha channel, else you should remove the planes from it erasing the "Caution" signs and then they would be like totems with arcane blue glowing inscriptions on it. Also, its armor should be other than leather. It should be a runed steel armor.

You can't alpha the totem side bits. You just get team color.

Status
Not open for further replies.