• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Challenge 2007/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Umm... Can we please have atleast 4 final screenshots. Cuz I have more than 3 final screeshots that I was really hoping to show. I can't decide wich to exclude and I really would appreciate if I could show all of them.

Level 11
Btw, here are my work in progress screenshots.

Attachments

• Chapel.jpg
    Chapel.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 119
  • ChapelLights.jpg
    ChapelLights.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Entrance.jpg
    Entrance.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 136
  • Stairs.jpg
    Stairs.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 121
Level 11
It's true that now it looks a bit crappy, but hey it still work in progress and I have some time before submiting my final screenshots ^_^
EDIT: It turns out that I won't have time to fix many things in my terrain cuz today I'm gonna have to go to the countryside so I won't have much time to fix some things. I will upload my final screenshots some time today.

Last edited:
Level 11
Well, this are my final screenshots. I cuted out some that I liked but hey you can't have everything :p Anyways see you all! I'm going to the countryside!

Attachments

• AbyssRoomFinal.jpg
    AbyssRoomFinal.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 235
  • ChapelCorridorFinal.jpg
    ChapelCorridorFinal.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 247
  • EntranceFinal1.jpg
    EntranceFinal1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 248
Level 19
My first Dalaran W.I.P :)

Please give feedback and I try to fix if there's something you don't like.

A Dalaran safehaven protected with powerful magics before the destruction of Dalaran:

EDIT: Second W.I.P here.

One of the inner sanctums of the safehaven:

Last edited:
Level 2
Wow, nice shots, Jaakko! Both scenes are beautifully realized.

My only problem with it would be the doorway in the 2nd shot: it looks like the room is floating in the air, it just seems to me there should be some sort of continuation of the building.

Level 19
My third W.I.P

Give me a quick feedback about this third picture as soon as possible if you can. Today 3th is the deadline and there is not much time left. I will soon post my entry in the next hours.

Dalaran apprentices training their magics underwater:

Level 19
My entry to Dalaran terraining contest

A Dalaran safehaven protected with powerful magics before the destruction of Dalaran:

One of the inner chambers of the safehaven:

Apprentices training their magics underwater:
dalaranwip3oe2.jpg

Attachments

• Dalaran 1.jpg
    Dalaran 1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Dalaran 2.jpg
    Dalaran 2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Dalaran WIP 3.jpg
    Dalaran WIP 3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 233
  • DalaranTerrainContestEntryByJaakko.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
Level 2
*claps for Jaakko's screenies* Excellent work there, man. Nice use of fog filters and lighting for the effects. *thumbsup*

I think I'll jump in the next contest, as this one seems to be at the end(I see that the last day of entry was yesterday...err, today[sorry, in Korea ATM so time schedules for me are still a bit wonky]). Looking forward to giving this a shot. :)

Level 11
Well, I particular don't like Jakkos screenshots, but that's because I have a stupid taste. As you see from my screenshots I don't really like the typical dalaran terrain so I tried something else, but I guess it turned out stupid. Oh well, nice try, though ^_^. Anyways, I applaud Jakko for his exellent terrain (although as I said not by my taste) idea and all of the other things he made with hard work, Good Job and Bravo :p

Level 21
no offense intended to the participants, but after the Dalaran contest, wouldn't it be a good idea to remove the whole list and start all over again? Right now I highly doubt that we'll see a contest with 42 maps... the max I've seen up to now is around 10, so it'd be better to have an active list rather than a chaotic one... but that's just me...

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Unfortunately my computer got wtfpwnt by masses of stop errors (blue screens). It still hasn't been fixed and I didn't find the problem, but yes I'm on my computer, and I'll create the poll right away. Since it was my delay, I'll accept screenshots that were submitted until now.

By the way, I have been seriously thinking in shutting down this contest. Some people blame lack of rules yet they do not follow the existing ones, and others do not finish their terrains.

I'm going to build a board to display the points:
Participants/TilesetsAshenvaleBarrensDalaranFinal

Bob27

creyzi4zb12

Dalaran_Guard

demonsofdante

Doompenguin

Eleandor

FGRaptor

Ham Ham
~150015

HappyTauren

Herio-San

Jaakko

Killer_Mushroom

KingBob

Nbah

Numeror

Ratherion

Valcrist

I've cleared the list of participants. I was tired of inactive users.

Last edited:
Level 3
ARGH, I wish I would have seen this sooner, I haven't made a terrain using Dalaran yet! Ah well, I'll definatly be joining the next one, I can't wait!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The next tileset is Icecrown Glacier, people! It's one of those for-campaign tilesets, just like Dalaran! I'm wondering if the participants can come up with original ideas like they did for the previous tileset!

Congratulations to Jaakko for being the Dalaran Tileset Master!

The deadline is on the 14th September (damn school starting then)!

I've been thinking of increasing the time once school starts again. You usually have a month, but I'll be willing to increase it to a month and half, or even two months. Send your suggestions!

Level 3
Here is my first WIP. Trying to find a decent composition was a nightmare. More brainstorming later.

Attachments

• WIP-Icecrown1HWS.jpg
    WIP-Icecrown1HWS.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 130
Level 21
oh, my bad

EDIT: I hereby claim the "Tuskarr Village" idea.

WIPS attached. The first 2 are in Northrend, but I've simply converted the tileset now and haven't made many changes to the tiles yet. 3rd screen is with the village doodads. As there are no tuskarr-like buildings (nor do we know how they look like), I took a tent and made various compositions with them.
very WIP ofcourse.

Attachments

• wip1.jpg
    wip1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 148
  • wip2.jpg
    wip2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 101
  • wip3.jpg
    wip3.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 109
Last edited: